Can anyone tell me about thier sxs after doing a CT from xanax?

[je...]

Greengirl... That was my plan exactly.  I just need one or two more scripts to do this in a reasonable manner...Great minds think alike...lol , Jess

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [ce...]

• [gr...]

• [to...]

Greengirl... That was my plan exactly.  I just need one or two more scripts to do this in a reasonable manner...Great minds think alike...lol , Jess

I was just going to post that that is a great idea Greengirl :thumbsup:

Yes Jess

Good lucky honey whatever path you may choose I know your not silly and you will be just fine in time but dont just stop it ok.  Sorry for carrying on like a pork chop on your thread but you know im passionate about this stuff dont ya ha.

Lizzyxx

Hey Jane... I'm sure I will go more crazy....but honestly do you regret it?  Thats the difference.  Ct from K was intense but no regrets...Jess

jess,

From my own experience, I really do believe that your w/d's from .5mg/day of xanax will be both less severe and of a shorter duration than what you experieced from your klonopin c/t.  So, if you have to do it, don't be to scared.

Thanks Never Again... However my doctor, after checking my BP and doing every other test in the world actually decided it was better I stay stable where I am for a while.  I couldn't believe it.  She said that such a low dose is nothing to worry about and of-course recommends I stay on it for awhile.  No more cutting right now in her opinion.  I was shocked.  Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and now I just need to decide to keep the pills or get rid of them all togeather.  She says I need them right now.  Now, I just have to figure out if I do...Jess

Thanks Never Again... However my doctor, after checking my BP and doing every other test in the world actually decided it was better I stay stable where I am for a while.  I couldn't believe it.  She said that such a low dose is nothing to worry about and of-course recommends I stay on it for awhile.  No more cutting right now in her opinion.  I was shocked.  Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and now I just need to decide to keep the pills or get rid of them all togeather.  She says I need them right now.  Now, I just have to figure out if I do...Jess

Hi Jess,

If it were me, I would not get rid of them altogether (as in a c/t). Maybe your doctor can give you .25mg tablets and you can take one and a half tabs a day for a few weeks, then step down to .25mg and then step down to cutting that in half.

In my own experience c/t'ing on a short acting high potency benzo--Xanax was bad.

Be well,

Serena

Thanks Serena... for now I am jsut staying at .5 mgs a day.  I will decide when its time to stop taking them.  now is not the right time...for sure, Jess

It amazes me how doctors "decide" that we "need" them.  In my opinion we all "need" benzo's like we "need" a whole in our head.  But, I do agree that we do "need" to taper safely.

I think Serena has a very good head on her shoulders by recommending cutting your doses albiet rather quickly.  In the end, we need to decide what we "need" to do and not listen to doctors who would prescribe us benzo's for the rest of our lives, which is what my doctor would have done had he had it his way.  But, I knew that was not what was right for me and I'm glad I stuck to my guns.    :)

Cedar, What amazed me was first it was "seitch to XR" and when I refused it was "ok take these and stay on them".... I was confused.  However, it is what it is I guess and she believes that with my anxiety disorder I will be on them for awhile.  I know that not to be true.  Thanks again Cedar and all of you... very helpful, Jess

Thanks Serena... for now I am jsut staying at .5 mgs a day.  I will decide when its time to stop taking them.  now is not the right time...for sure, Jess

Hi Jess, I know about Xanax. I actually got to .375mg and then had stress in my life which made me up dose to 1.5mg.

My doc switched me to Librium overnight. It was not comfortable--but tolerant. I know very few people who can go straight off of Xanax, believe me I tried. I have made a 66% cut in one month going to the Librium.

If you choose to go straight off of Xanax Please wait until you are on .0625mg to jump. That is just my opinion.

be well, Sererna :smitten: