Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

[Ti...]

Thanks for the feedback, Gingermint and JuJuBi... I am having a very rough day and have been reading through this thread today. I have been doubting myself today, believing the benzo lies that I’m never going to get through this. I haven’t been able to get out of bed today, and I’m wondering if I’ll ever get my life back. I want to be the loving, high energy mom I was just a few months ago. I can’t even work  :'(

I also take a moment of fairness to myself and realize that I cut way too much right away, still not accepting that I was dependant on 1mg after such a short time. Perhaps I just need to stabilize before shifting anymore?

Luey, I am so inspired by your achievements thus far... to come back from 6mg is mind boggling to me! I am very interested in the DLMT now but overwhelmed about what route to take. It’s hard to trust your gut when it feels like your mind is failing you.

Is this normal for the early stages? To be so incapacitated? I just feel anxious, jittery, fatigued, nauseous, brain fog, etc.... I’m usually a positive person, but this is breaking me...

Hi Marwegs-

I am so sorry you are going through this.. My story is a lot like yours and feel your pain.. I need to create a signature so people know my story.. my nightmare began on April 8, 2020 and I also quite ct after 2 weeks...  after about 3 or 4 weeks the no sleep is what drove me back and had to reinstate ..  been tapering for about 6 weeks now and at .25mg right now.. I reinstated at 1mg.. I want off this so bad but need to be patient..  this is the right place to be, many wonderful caring people out here..  below is a link to my story

Fit Guy and short term use of Lorazepam:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=241753.0

Kry123

I am so sad that this has happened to you too... my story is almost exact.... they tried putting me on an SSRI and it made me feel so dark and awful... that’s when the worst insomnia set in and was told to go to 1mg if Ativan... when I clicked that the Ativan was making me depressed, my doctor also prescribed Ambien for sleep, of which I took half and had a nightmare of a night.

I’m also very angry that I was so badly mismanaged by my doctor (I’m in Canada), and more at myself for not doing my research. :'(

There are lots of success stories here, and I think you and I are stuck in our heads about how we even got here... my husband just keeps saying, we can only go forward now, and so we must, for our families. I too have a great partner and 2 beautiful kids, and a life to live for. It’s crazy how this drug actually twists your mind to believe this is impossible.

I’m here for you... this is a beautiful community... one day we will be through this, I pray!

Maria

Marwegs

yes we can only move forward.. I was never on any kind of med for anything before this and stunned I did not research it first.

we can beat this and recover 100%

Kry123

How is your taper going? I read your story but realize that was in April... does this get easier?

How are you tapering?

Wanted to stop in and say goodnight to all.

Marwegs-So sorry you are having a rough time.  I do understand how you feel. We have all been through it and is it rough.  What you are feeling is normal for withdrawal.  I am actually in a wave period myself.  Cut a bit too much. I do what I can to distract. Yoga, meditations, walking, cleaning or if I can’t handle that I sit outside and take in my surroundings and do deep breathing. Sometimes I chat with friends.  I myself have a rule Luey taught me. If I have 2-3 bad days I hold until I feel better. Slow and steady is best.  And YES  Benzos do a lot of lying to us. One day at a time. You will do this. And this will pass. We are all on our way to a better life after Benzos

With the nausea are you eating?  I had that in the early stages.  It was the worst.

Haimona-Sorry about the dizziness.  I think we all can relate to that.  One day at a time is the way to go. Sometimes it is even one hour at a time.  We will all get off this.

JuJuBi

Thank you JuJuBi

I am just wishing I knew what to do. Should I reinstate to a higher dose or hold? I’m so confused  :'(

Baronessblixen..how did you get the cut so precise with such a small pill? Trying to follow similar taper plan. Thank you.

Hi, Hoping4

I don't have precise cuts at all because I've never used a scale. Nothing about my taper would I recommend and my symptoms have been all over the place and somewhat debilitating off and on. The only good thing I can say about it is that it's behind me. Or maybe that's not completely true. I think I discovered that I'm more mentally disciplined and resourceful than I believed myself to be. I think many of us are discovering that.

I think that the last few crumbs that I am taking are probably all filler and any effect I'm feeling now is a placebo. But if a placebo makes this final transition more bearable, then I'll stick with it. Only about a week to go.

There are some really knowledgeable people on this thread that can help you figure out how to do your taper as smoothly as possible. A scale might be just the thing for you. You'll be writing your "Benzo free" post before you know it!

Hi all,

I'm not the most patient person. I'm at 12.5cc (0.125mg). This is the dose on which I got into trouble before. I'm feeling pretty bad. Ear pressure, dread, fear, jitters and nausea.

I like to look back at my other low dose BB's profile signatures and see where you all held for a bit. Can I hear some success stories getting over a hump??? I need it today.

Thanks all,

LD

Thank you JuJuBi

I am just wishing I knew what to do. Should I reinstate to a higher dose or hold? I’m so confused  :'(

Marwegs,

I am sorry you are struggling. This drug can be so cruel.

This certainly can be confusing especially in our benzo withdrawal state.  Since we are all so unique in the way we process these drugs there is no exact science to it all. It looks like you did take it up to .75 yesterday and are holding.  Especially after a big cut it can take a while for things to level out. A few days can make a difference as can updosing but unfortunately there are no guarantees either way.

You will make your way and decide what is best for you.  The important thing is you are working to get off this drug and be Benzo free.

JuJuBi

Thank you Baronessblixen..just you stating that I will be posting my success story made my day. You are the first person that made me hopeful that it will come to an end.

I ordered my mg scale from Amazon and it should be here thurs. Holding where I am until it comes in and I can be precise.

Hi all,

I'm not the most patient person. I'm at 12.5cc (0.125mg). This is the dose on which I got into trouble before. I'm feeling pretty bad. Ear pressure, dread, fear, jitters and nausea.

I like to look back at my other low dose BB's profile signatures and see where you all held for a bit. Can I hear some success stories getting over a hump??? I need it today.

Thanks all,

LD

Hi ld,

It looks like you made a cut of 10.7%.  Some can handle that,  others cannot, especially at low doses.  You can hold where you are and power through your sx which is what I do.  Or you can add back half of what you cut so your cut would be 5%.  You might still have issues for awhile.

Personally I believe going up and down in dose creates more problems.  Better to make very small cuts, hold and see how you tolerate, and adjust from there. 

Others will chime in to help you so you can hear others options and what worked for them. G

Hi Gingermint,

I didn't drop that much. I have been decreasing 0.002cc daily. I'll update my profile. I'm doing the DLMT. Thanks for the info, though. I learned from you :)

LD

It looks like you did take it up to .75 yesterday and are holding.  Especially after a big cut it can take a while for things to level out. A few days can make a difference as can updosing but unfortunately there are no guarantees either way.

JuJuBi

Thanks JuJuBi.... I actually think I was probably closer to .75mg than I thought, not the lower number, because I was just breaking tablets by eye. I started on a 3X a day dosing today, and praying it goes well. I have s/x but way better than yesterday, having taken a morning dose. Thanks for encouraging me in that direction.

Hoping4healthy - good call on the scale! Mine came in yesterday and what I thought was my dose, wasn't, so now I can be precise. Takes a little figuring out and patience (the scale is so sensitive), but I think those that are sensitive to meds like me, will benefit from having a more accurate dosing schedule.

Grateful for all of the positive stories.  :smitten:

Hi all,

Thanks all,

LD

Hi ld,

It looks like you made a cut of 10.7%.  Some can handle that,  others cannot, especially at low doses.  You can hold where you are and power through your sx which is what I do.  Or you can add back half of what you cut so your cut would be 5%.  You might still have issues for awhile.

Personally I believe going up and down in dose creates more problems.  Better to make very small cuts, hold and see how you tolerate, and adjust from there. 

Others will chime in to help you so you can hear others options and what worked for them. G

Well, I guess I did taper that much, but not in one day!

Hi all,

Thanks all,

LD

Hi ld,

Well, I guess I did taper that much, but not in one day!

It is not uncommon for a series of tiny cuts to catch up to you. It happens to me.  Then you need to hold until things settle down.  Good luck as you move forward.  G

Hi Marwegs, hopingforhealthy

So sorry you find yourself in this boat with the rest of us. This stuff is wicked. Many great people on here to help you. I’m very new at this and this forum of caring people has helped immensely. All I can offer is listen to your body, and as hard as it is, be patient. I hate everyday having to take what has made me so miserable, but means to an end is what I say. Enjoy the windows, and push through the waves. Try not to fear the symptoms, as Colin ( founder of this site ) says, it’s our brains healing even when tapering!

I’ve been doing ok with last cut and going to try for .25 tomorrow. Apprehensive but committed.

Peaceful times to all my friends on here..

Hi Marwegs, hopingforhealthy

So sorry you find yourself in this boat with the rest of us. This stuff is wicked. Many great people on here to help you. I’m very new at this and this forum of caring people has helped immensely. All I can offer is listen to your body, and as hard as it is, be patient. I hate everyday having to take what has made me so miserable, but means to an end is what I say. Enjoy the windows, and push through the waves. Try not to fear the symptoms, as Colin ( founder of this site ) says, it’s our brains healing even when tapering!

I’ve been doing ok with last cut and going to try for .25 tomorrow. Apprehensive but committed.

Peaceful times to all my friends on here..

I am sending you best wishes for tomorrow’s cut!

This first day of multiple doses went well... praying it continues!

Goodnight buddies!

Hi all , So many new people can’t keep up , so glad you all found this group , I have been here for 1 1/2 years this is the last few months for me . You can do it , it has been very long , very hard I have had so many symptoms that it is senseless to talk about . If you move too fast symptoms will increase you must find a place we’re your body excepts the cut not symptom free just symptoms that you can deal with . Peace to all .

13.6 today

Best lisa

Ginger and all,

I do think the series of small cuts has caught up to me. I'm holding at 0.125mg, staying away from sugar, watching carbs, trying to eat whole foods, exercising.

I, too, hate taking the stuff that did this to me. And I, too, agree that it is the only way to succeed. I truly feel like two different people. What an awful, awful drug.

How is everyone else today?

Want, how did your cut go? I know it is early yet.

Tech, 13.6mL?

Marwegs, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the split after a few days.

Ginger, your journey has been a long one, but you are heading in the right direction. Hang in there, my friend.

JuJu, smooth sailing still?

everyone else (so many here now... which is great), I'm grateful for each and every one of you.

LD

Hi LD

I may have spoken too soon - last night’s dose didn’t go over very well... the two daily ones allowed me to feel a bit better, but that evening dose was discouraging. I fell asleep quickly, then woke up with some pretty intense anxiety and terror.

I’m wondering if it’s because my doses aren’t even... going to try keeping them equal today.

Has anyone experienced feeling extremely drugged once you take your dose? I know this is a tranquilizer, but I thought my body was used to it, hence the need to taper? I find the lower doses yesterday made me feel less like a zombie, and the evening dose at 0.5mg knocked me out and made me feel high...

Any thoughts on this and equal dosing?

Good Afternoon,

Lisa,  .125mg!  Yeah!!

Yes so many new buddies, I can't keep up either; it makes sense to start passing the torch.  Everybody is doing a great job figuring this out and supporting each other.  Like Lisa and Powerball, I've also been here for a year and a half.  People came and went but for the most part Powerball, Lisa (Tech) and I were the only people on the thread supporting each other for most of that time..  (Committed was also here but disappeared over a month ago, I hope she's ok).

Today I'm at 0.17mg down from 6mg. 18 months ago.  I've been virtually symptom free for the last half of my taper; the lower I've gotten the better I've felt.  If all goes well I should be done in 17 more days.  I actually feel like I could just stop now, but after so long I'll taper down to the zero. 

Hang in there everybody, stick with an individual symptom-based taper, going as slowly as your body needs to recover.  You will get back to your old self again!

Luey