• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [gr...]

• [Ar...]

• [ce...]

• [go...]

I wish more people would see food as medicine.  It's amazing how much better I feel when I eat whole organic foods.  Night and day difference.  And, it's really not that hard to do.  Just different habits is all.    ;)

• 9 months later...

Greengirl, I'm curious as to how you got off benzos.  Did you taper slowly?  C/T?  And when did you do this?

and my pain is in my lower extremities...lower arms/hands and lower legs, feet.  Not so much the upper parts (upper chest/hips/thighs) per the drawing you posted, although I do experience chest pressure and tightness.

I did a rapid taper from  4 mg X and jumped at .25 mg.  got hit with full blown cold turkey.  Almost 4 yrs ago now :). I was 2 yrs off and still nearly crippled w pain when I found the diet.

Healed .....and been about a year now that the pain has been gone....the diet saved me  :smitten:

My sis turned me on to the diet. She used it successfully to end pain in her hands and feet.  Others have used it for skin conditions, arthritis, etc.

4 yr off update:  Coming up on my 4 yr anniversary pretty soon. ;D  What a wild ride it was but I'm doing great, healed, got a big promotion at work recently, raise, new car, etc.  Social life is finally picking up some. Have mended most of the messes i created with family and friends during my wacko years on benzos. All the hard work has paid off.  It's been a long haul but wow the healing and growth has happened.

Number one thing that helped me make it thru?  Taking full responsibility for my addiction/dependence, withdrawal, and subsequent recovery. That's the key folks ;)

I too have muscle/nerve pulling and burning pain every other day for different lengths of time. On my other day I have minor muscle tightening in my jaw and other minor symptoms, if at all, that I can ignore. My good day can be between 95% and 100% healed. My bad days are getting a little bit better, between 75% and 80% healed. I eat organic and grass fed. I stay away from sugar, caffeine, alcohol. I eat a lot of kale, eggs, brown basmati rice, etc. I started to take magnesium. I can't wait until this pain subsides.

4 yr off update:  Coming up on my 4 yr anniversary pretty soon. ;D  What a wild ride it was but I'm doing great, healed, got a big promotion at work recently, raise, new car, etc.  Social life is finally picking up some. Have mended most of the messes i created with family and friends during my wacko years on benzos. All the hard work has paid off.  It's been a long haul but wow the healing and growth has happened.

Number one thing that helped me make it thru?  Taking full responsibility for my addiction/dependence, withdrawal, and subsequent recovery. That's the key folks ;)

Congrats on 4 years GG!  What an excellent life report.  :thumbsup:

I second what you said about taking responsiblity.  There's no other way.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me a little bit about the timeline for your recovery from tinnitus, and also describe what your tinnitus was like?

For the First month or so off my CT it was a loud deep roaring like a freight train...deafening. After that it changed to a high pitched whine, very painful.  Can't remember when I started to get periods of relief from it but by 1 yr off it was pretty much gone with only  rare recurrences, usually due to stress, getting too tired, too loud music and such.  I had to take pain meds for a back injury a while back and seemed like the hydrocodone sometimes made my ears buzz but not always.

Thanks. I'm a little disheartened these days because I'm 4 months off a slow taper, did fine for the first 2 months but then the ringing really stated to kick my butt again. High pitched whine is right, only occasionally do i get the low roar.

I think I'm going to take a stab at your dietary recommendation for the 28 day period and see what happens, I don't have much to lose!

• 10 months later...

My 5 yr anniversary is coming up in august!  :)

All is well. Still mostly eating the whole foods plant based diet that healed my muscle pain and inflammation.

My withdrawal seems like a lifetime ago.  It's hard to believe I went through all that, it seems like it was a long time ago and like it happened to someone else, not me.

What's different now from before and during benzos? I'm  quieter and calmer, better at managing stress, better at being kinder to myself, better at keeping toxic people out of my life.

Hang in there, buddies! It really does get better. If you came off too fast like I did it might take 2-3 yrs for the residual symptoms to clear up but they will.  :)

this was encouraging and happy almost 5 year anniversary in August!!! would you mind sharing some of your green juice/smoothie recipes with me? I used to blend spinach and kale with coconut oil chia seeds avocado and either spring water or coconut water.

I need to get back to that it was quite refreshing :-) I think I will add a cucumber next time!!!

Hello and thank you loving mother!

My standard green smoothie:

Parsley

Kale

Celery

Sweet potato

Fresh fruit (usually mango, plum, orange, or papaya)

Frozen pineapple or ice

Fresh ginger

Flax meal

Turmeric

Water

Green Girl, good job! Thanks for putting the bit about your tinnitus going away. That's what's really stressing me. Seems Xanax/Alprazolam are particularly good at causing it. The hydrocodone you took for your back pain is also an ototoxin and would certainly have given your tinnitus a rev.

Wow!!! That is an amazing smoothie! I'm going to try it minus the celery (I'm allergic). do you use a blender or do you have a juicer?

Thanks ,,Huddo, looks like your tinnitus followed fairly short term use. That sucks. I hope you have a quick recovery but tinnitus has a way of sticking around. Good news is it usually gets to a point where it has lessened enough that it shouldn't really bother you or keep you from sleeping, even if it takes longer for it to go away completely.  For me,,it served as a good reminder and incentive not to take benzos again! :)

Hi aiw

I've been walking and other aerobic exercise since my withdrawal. I had to slow down some when I hurt my back at about 1 yr off. I also did yoga no problem.  Walking was always helpful for my symptoms and for distraction.

But Free weights revved up my symptoms badly the first year off so I gave up on that. I never picked them up again but if I did I know it wouldn't be a problem anymore because my symptoms are long gone.

Thanks GG...that's really good to know. Hard exercise was also revving me up at about a year off so I've avoided it like the plague. I've walked throughout this recovery but am looking so forward to getting back to it...I exercised regularly for 25 yrs and really miss it.

Take care

• 1 year later...
Hey niners, are you completely healed yet? How long did the second phase of acute last? Is it normal for the acute to come back? I'm a bit scarred now! Looking very forward to hearing from you !

Hey niners, are you completely healed yet? How long did the second phase of acute last? Is it normal for the acute to come back? I'm a bit scarred now! Looking very forward to hearing from you !

No I'm not fully healed, I actually felt better at 4 months off but was hit hard with acute symptoms  my 9th month.  It is getting better so I truly believe it when folks here say that everyone does heal, it's just a matter of time.  Still dealing with symptoms at 14.5 months off but like I said things continue to improve very slow

Niners  I am entering month 5 off klonopin. Im sorry you you had acute all over, do you think goin ct makes this happen? I ct off tranxene with help of paxil and then quit paxil. know nothing about wd back then. but i remember not being well off and on two yrs. i had external stress too so its hard to say how much.  I did a long taper this time and feeling better but muscle stiffness is the worst. and sleep

I read the success story and trying not to diagnose myself with the same thing!

I am already eating real clean. I dont want to google this condition and obsess, so id like to ask here, is the swelling of the face a sx and swelling elsewhere too? ?

I read nearly all the thread but i dont want to go overboard just before bed. I dont have any swelling. I can eat ice cream with no problems. It mostly hurts if i dont sleep enough and been too active. Im hoping it improves soon cause so many klon users have this and we cant all be getting the same diagnosis. Id like to hear from someone who lost the muscle pain and it was just part of wd and recovery time

Ive done cranio sacral,myofascia release, chiropractic, and physical therapy. ive taken tumeric and zyflemmend. now im tying boswelia and astaxanthin

Still have some anxiety days and tinnitus and revved up cns sometimes. no more other sx

Thank you!!