Almost 1 year off benzos but have come offof 3 others since

[Ma...]

Thanks...this is exactly what the Lord has been telling me, I have been letting the enemy steal my joy. I realized this yesterday, what a lift...God is soooo good! How are you?

Hugs,

Mary

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [NY...]

• [it...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mary,

So glad to hear that the Lord has been lifting the burden/frustration.

I'm doing okay.  This week I've had some very challenging times due to the benzo wd; however, today was a pretty good day for which I am so grateful for. 

I started cutting the Remeron last Sunday night.  However, just cut off a small piece of the dose I am currently taking.  I've read that Remeron has a half life of 24 to 40 hours, so I might make another very small cut this Sunday.  Please keep me in prayer about this.

Take care,

NYClady

Praying for you, just see how you feel after the cuts, remember no hurry, you want to feel good along the way! Sorry, the b/w is so bad too! Hang in there it gets better!!! :thumbsup: H :thumbsup: Have a blessed Sunday, praise God we have Him!

Mary

Hi Mary,

So good to hear from you.  How are you doing?  Hope you are doing well.

This past week was challenging as far as the benzo wd; however, Friday evening I had a window that lasted a couple of hours thank the Lord.

Like I mentioned in my previous post I started tapering the Remeron.  I cut the 30 mgs in half and then cut a small piece off one of the halves. 

I noticed in your signature that you started tapering off the Remeron when you were off the benzo for only 2 months.  Did you still have benzo wd when you began your Remeron taper and how often did you make cuts?

Thanks for the feedback,

NYClady

Hello NYlady...

It's nice to have your support, as well. I'am doing better, saw my family last Saturday,no change in them, but I did OK! I think the hoildays can be difficult, when our family is unsaved, our true family, is the family of God. We can be ourselves with fellow believers, we have a new identity in Christ. Oh well, gotta give lots of love and grace! Other than that, I feel pretty good, not 100%, but I'm gettin' there! Sorry your w/d's are bad, what are your sx's? Aren't those windows great, just a taste of things to come for you. Wow,I really hadn't thought about the timing of the remeron w/d, I don't really remember the details, I know I did pretty fast cuts. I think I cut in half, stayed there for along time,like 1 month, then went to 1/4 th, stayed there for about a month, til finally, I was done, I jumped off at the 1/4. I was still tapering from benzos, that was pretty crazy, now that I recall, I remember some really rough nights in the beginning, lots of anxiety, with no sleep.It was hard for me cause I given it for sleep. So, I had a hard time with that. What got REALLY wanting to get off of it was when I went to the doctor for a check up, I weighed 35 more than I usually did, I knew I had gained, and was afraid to weigh myself, I was shocked. I thought the doctor was going to scold me, instead he asked me why I was taking Remeron, he told me that he gave it to his patients with cancer, if they needed to gain weight! Again another shock...but joy at the same time, when he told me I would lose weight if I went off of it. This motivated me big time!!! So I lost 2o lbs., still have more to go, but it's a start, I'm back in my old clothes again. Are you feeling w/d from the remeron? I know it can be hard to tell when your in benzo w/d allready.

Talk to ya soon, many blessings,

Mary

dearest mary, i kno this is sooo hard!!!! i have been tacking and shaving the medikations toooo long,, it wears on one to do so,, i was on rivotril,, which is klonazepam {klonopin} but off n shaving the diazepam {valium} only one left,, will be glad when the show is over. GOD be with you, blessings to u.

ccg

Hi Mary,

Hope you are doing well.  Thank you so much for the info on your Remeron taper and for reminding me to take it slow. 

Please keep me in your prayers because I'm very sad today.

Take care,

NYClady

NYclady,

Are you doing better? I've been praying for you, hope you had a nice Thankgiving. We did OK with the family, just loved the them as Jesus would,  it went well. Thanks for your encouragment, nice knowing you on here. Are you from New York? I'm from So. Calif. near San Diego. Well hang in there, ttys

Mary

Dear Mary,

Thank you for keeping me in prayer.  This past month the benzo wd sxs have been really tough.  Although I force myself to go to work it's getting harder and harder to do so.  On the weekends and on Holidays I spend my days in bed. 

I was suppose to go to my niece's home yesterday for Thanksgiving but felt so horrible that I stayed home alone.  I was very sad about this.

As for the wd sxs I'm either experiencing physical ones (e.g., headache, chills, body ache, etc.) or emotional ones (e.g., depression, anxiety, fear, dread, etc.).  It's like they take turns.

Sorry for being such a downer...

I'm happy to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving and that the Lord gave you the grace to deal with your family. 

Please continue to uphold me in prayer...

NYClady

P.S.  Yes I am from NY

Dear NYclady,

So sorry you had to miss out on Thanksgiving, I know how it is when you have to miss out on life, you will be back again, it's temporary. I highly recomend a book on benzo recovery, it's called Benzo Wise. This book is very helpful and encouraging, I still look at it when I need some perspective on this whole ordeal. Have you heard of it? I had a recent wave of w/d just last night, wow, it hit hard, just when I think I'm out of the woods, bam, it hit me! I picked up the book again, she talks about this happening, it's called post acute w/d., or protracted w/d. The good thing about the author is she made it to th finish line, it makes you cry, the things she says about US, the survivors...we are the courageous ones! I'm praying for you...I have that song stuck in my head...New York-New York....makes me think and pray for you! hope that made ya smile! :)

Love and Hugs,

Mary

Hi Mary,

Yes you made me smile.

I have heard of the book "Benzo-Wise" and was thinking of getting it so I'm happy you recommend it. 

You know what really worries me Mary is not knowing if the sxs I'm experiencing are truly benzo wd or it's the increase in Zoloft and the addition of Remeron that is causing them.  The Zoloft was increased and the Remeron added at the same time I was givin the K.

What wd sxs are you still experiencing?

Good to hear from you and thank you so much for keeping me in prayer,

:smitten:

NYClady

Hi There,

I lost this post, anyway, the sx's I'am having are...headaches, heart palps in the morning, anxiety before bed, and a little depression. I had a major anxiety attack the other night, Thank God I have my husband, he helped me through it. How are you?

Hi Mary,

I hope and pray that you are doing well.  Sorry to hear about those sxs especially the panic attack.  However, happy to hear that your husband was able to support you through it.

Yesterday I went back to work after the long week-end and it was rough but I managed to ride out many of the sxs. 

Last night I decided to cut the Remeron a bit and go figure today I had a better day.  I've been chipping a very small piece about once a week so far. 

Take care,

NYClady

Hello NYL,

How are you doing, haven't heard anything for awhile...i hope no news is good news! Praying for you, I'm much better, just need more energy, need to exercise. Please pray for me!

Mary

Hi Mary,

Sorry haven't been in touch.  Monday was a really rough day and my computer was also acting up. 

I'm doing well considering I started cutting the Remeron.  What I'm finding is that the depression/suicidal ideations have decreased since I started tapering it.  All along I thought it was the benzo and benzo wd that was causing these symptoms, but now I'm wondering if the Remeron was the culprit.  Howeiver, I'm still experiencing benzo wds which come and go throughout the day, which at times makes it very difficult to function effectively.

I hope and pray that you are doing well.  I will help you pray about getting the motivation to exercise.  I also have to get back to the gym.  I find I slack off in the winter especially when it's cold.  I just want to come home and hibernate.

Take care,

NYClady

You sound good...getting off of the Remeron will be much better for you, it's nasty stuff! Thanks for your prayers, I'm doing REALLY good, a window that feels 100%!!! We'll see, time will tell, I have accepted the occasional waves, I know one day there will be one big window. It's in Gods hands, I give Him the control!

Keep up the good work, you are in my prayers.

Hugs, Mary

NYclady...

How are you, I know you hit your 4 month mark, congradulations!!! I have been feeling really good, no sx's AT ALL! Praise God, hope it's here to stay. Hope you are enjoying the holidays.

Big hugs to you,

Mary

Hi Mary,

So good to hear from you and that you have not been experiencing wd sxs  :yippee:

I'm doing okay.  I continue to experience benzo wd sxs throughout the day; however, mornings are the worse.  I am still tapering off the Remeron and I have found that the depression/suicidal ideations I was experiencing for over a year have decreased substantially.  I am so grateful to the Lord and all my BB who have kept me and are keeping me in prayer.

NYClady

• 3 weeks later...

No problem...I want to help! It kind of sounds like you you did a quick taper off of benzos, did you titrate? ,I  pretty much did a cold turkey my first time around, went to a 30 day re-hab, huge mistake, was so sick, doc reinstated, then went slow. Well the Prozac c/t is a miracle for me...I am a Christian and back in June I had a womens retreat in my home. I had about 28 women for the weekend, I was so busy with helping the ladies that I forgot to even take the Prozac. So, on Sunday morning the guest speaker asked me to come up to the front. She told me that God had freed me from the Prozac! No joke...I was standing there amaze...then told them all that I had completly forgotten to take it all weekend! I knew I was done, this was huge, I was on it for 21 years!!!  I did good, no sx's at all!!! When God is in it, you can't go wrong! I have one more med to conquer, Requip for restless leg. I tryed, but the timing is not right yet! I'm not a fanatic or anything, but I know beyond a shadow of a doulbt, I have had a miracle! Praying for you!!! Hugs

Mary

Please pray for me.

NYclady...

How are you, I know you hit your 4 month mark, congradulations!!! I have been feeling really good, no sx's AT ALL! Praise God, hope it's here to stay. Hope you are enjoying the holidays.

Big hugs to you,

Mary

Please pray for me the fear is inexplicable.  I'm amazed at how far you have come.  Please read my signature.

Hello Kian,

I read your signature...wow, you have been through it, so sorry! :-[ I know how hard this all can be, I have been down the same road, only through God and prayer have I come this far. You were saying that fear has got a grip on you, I know exactly what that is like as well! I lost everything due to the fear, I came to realize that what we are going through is really out of our control, the more we fret about it, the worse it gets. :idiot: There is absolutly NOTHING we can do about it,  kind of like being stuck in a traffic jam. You want to get home and around the traffic, there is nothing to do but wait, knowing you will get there, you will make it to your destination. I used to freak out, wondering when will I get better, what is wrong with me, until I accepted, it's withdrawal, it will pass, I will make it to healing. It's All in Gods hands, He will give you peace to get you through this. I will be praying for you, have hope, if I have made it you WILL too. Take care of yourself, you will heal.

Blessings to you,

Mary

Hi Mary,

So good to hear from you.  Thanks for the encouragement.  Yes, thank the Lord the wd sxs from tapering the Remeron have so far been manageable.  However, please continue to pray for me because I plan to jump two Sundays from now.  I also need prayer and wisdom because I want to start tapering the Zoloft which I have been on for almost 14 years, but need guidance as to when I should start that taper.

How are you doing.  I hope all is well with you.

NYClady 

Hi Mary,

So good to hear from you.  Thanks for the encouragement.  Yes, thank the Lord the wd sxs from tapering the Remeron have so far been manageable.  However, please continue to pray for me because I plan to jump two Sundays from now.  I also need prayer and wisdom because I want to start tapering the Zoloft which I have been on for almost 14 years, but need guidance as to when I should start that taper.

How are you doing.  I hope all is well with you.

NYClady

Hi--I don't know if I'm exactly the guidance you were looking for  ;-)

but I seem to have found my way to this thread today for some reason, and my advice would be, wait six months after you jump off the Remeron and see if you're feeling stable.  If you're feeling totally stable then it should be safe to start the next taper then.  If you're still having waves, wait three or four more months, or as long as it takes.

If you are still not 100% but you're ready to start the taper (after waiting at least six months, though, I don't recommend starting a new taper faster than that) then go ahead and start but start slow with 5% cuts and wait four to six weeks between cuts for the first few cuts, just to make sure your system can handle it.  If you do okay you can then increase the size and frequency of cuts gradually, listening to your body to see what it tells you.

I like the forum Surviving Antidepressants for info about tapering ADs.

All my best to you--

Rhiannon

Good advice, take it slow...you don't want to shock your system by coming off of too many drugs at once! I will be praying for you! I'am in a similar situation. I have one more drug to come off of, Requip. I tryed before, it was horrrible!!! The doc gave it to me while tapering benzos, for restless leg. I think I have built up a tolerance, not sleeping through the night, anxiety, nausea, just not feeling all that great. I want to get off of this med, so tired of side effects. Pray for me, my doc is of no help, he hasn't a clue about w/d, do any of them really? Thanks

Mary