.25 Titration Schedule

[Th...]

Hi Theresa,

It is not the size of the cuts, it is tyhe overall taper taper rate that will be affecting you. Making small daily (or near daily) cuts can be just as problematical as single large cuts if the taper rate is too fast. Can you detail for me the cuts you have been making?

I started Sunday with .25mg in 50ml of milk and removing 1ml/day. Sun-49ml, Mon-48ml, Tue-47ml, Wed-46ml, but upped to 47ml at bedtime dose, Thurs-staying at 47ml. I seem to feel better today. I guess this would equate to a 2% drop per day, maybe too much?

Hmmm. With just a few small cuts (3ml from 50ml is just 6%), I think this is more just one of those things - you've just hit a bit of a rough patch. Still, it only makes sense to hold off for a few days until you feel a bit better. It might be advisable to taper off by less than 7ml per week - see how it goes.

Hmmm. With just a few small cuts (3ml from 50ml is just 6%), I think this is more just one of those things - you've just hit a bit of a rough patch. Still, it only makes sense to hold off for a few days until you feel a bit better. It might be advisable to taper off by less than 7ml per week - see how it goes.

Thanks, it is somewhat discouraging. I don't know why this is hitting me so much? Could it be that I am not fully stabilized from the failed cut that made me so sick for 5 days? I waited 2 weeks from the failed cut and one week after becoming stable again. Maybe, I should reduce 1ml every other day or is that too slow, that would only be about 8% per week.

Hi T2,

8% per week is not too slow. It's, actually, on the higher end of what's recommended.

Out of curiosity:  you say you use 0.25 mg pill to make a suspension. Are you actually halving 0.5 mg pill?

Take care T2!  :smitten:

Hi T2,

8% per week is not too slow. It's, actually, on the higher end of what's recommended.

Out of curiosity:  you say you use 0.25 mg pill to make a suspension. Are you actually halving 0.5 mg pill?

Take care T2!  :smitten:

Yes, I am halving my .50 pills. I am afraid of running out if I use a whole one and this goes beyond what I had planned. I have thought about using whole pill and splitting into two days doses, but am a little scared in the beginning of messing up until I get used to the whole process.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I was pretty stable after having the week from hell the previous week, so I decided to try to gradually move my dosing so it was more even during the day. I was at 12ml am, 12ml, at 3:00pm and 22ml at 11:00pm. Everyday, I moved 1ml from night dose to morning or afternoon and stopped when I started feeling the anxiety again. I am currently at 15ml am, 14ml at 3:00 pm and 18ml at 11:00 pm.

Could just making this change in my dosing brought about anxiety again? I am at a loss, I have been holding at 46ml or .23mg for about 4 or 5 weeks now. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi theresa,

I'm not sure if you remember..but when i first came here it was suggested I split my dose into two times daily? And I had a rather rough time with it. So I went back to my original one time daily and felt better that way. So I'd say sure switching your dosage levels/times could affect the anxiety, it threw my anxiety for a loop.  I ranted about it in my thread I believe although I didn't know that was the reason at the time. (I don't re-call anyway..I have to re-read my own thread lol)

But hang in there Theresa, you are doing a GREAT job..I know it's rough now. But I read your sig and look how far you've come down in your dosage!! you've made a ton of progress.

You were the very first person to respond to me that first night. I'm not sure if you know this or not..but I had suicidal thoughts going crazy in my head that night. You made me feel right at home..you and eljay.

You are an inpiration to me, and have been since day one. I would watch your progress and think, wow she can do it, so can I.

Like I tell you, keep your chin up..things will get better! they really will.

you are in my thoughts

-Scott