Torn right hip labrium and right gluteus medius muscle/tendon tear

[Ca...]

[Ca...]

Hi...one day recently I woke up and could not put weight on my right leg. I was limping. I am currently at 14 mg valium on my taper and on hold 

I saw ortho urgent care and they xrayed it -- didnt see a fracture but wanted an MRI right away. The MRI is what gave me those findings. I saw the ortho doctor's PA who reviewed it with me but never examined me, had the secretary give me PT sheets and made an appt with the orthpedic surgeon for May 2.

Has anyone had this? It was getting less painful with frequent icing and intermitttant heat and some very conservative stretches although today when I tried to put my right sock on something popped and I am back to mild limping.  I am having severe w/d and spend most of the day in bed. Per the internet, it doesn't heal but can be managed with conservative treatment . I cannot take Advil etc due to chronic kidney disease and no tylenol either.

An injury or illness during benzo wd is certainly a challenge! Any advice would be most welcome.

[PE...]

Sounds like ischias. Lower back on  one side going out to one leg?

I have this sometimes and from what I read it can be ischias

[Ca...]

Thanks so much for the feedback. The MRI saw a lot of inflammation and suggestive of right labrum tear and tear in right gluteus Maximus as I recall. It was starting to feel better after aggressive icing but two days ago flared up. Nothing like having an mri in benzo withdrawal.. I’ve only seen PAs so far and see the ortho MD next week. I’ll look up what you mentioned and see if the symptoms fit. I really appreciate your help.:)

[Ca...]
6 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Sounds like ischias. Lower back on  one side going out to one leg?

I have this sometimes and from what I read it can be ischias

I looked it up. That's sciatica. I don't think it's that but further testing and the PT exam will probably shed more light. Did yours resolve?

[PE...]
22 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I looked it up. That's sciatica. I don't think it's that but further testing and the PT exam will probably shed more light. Did yours resolve?

Ok.

It comes and goes. And so does ischias from what I read..

Hope they found what it is for you. 

• Like 1

[Ca...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Ok.

It comes and goes. And so does ischias from what I read..

Hope they found what it is for you. 

Just like windows and waves..................I'm sorry to hear you experience this. I always figured that withdrawal was enough and never expected physical symptoms unrelated to benzo withdrawal on top of the benzo symptoms. I am so naive.

• Like 1

[PE...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Just like windows and waves..................I'm sorry to hear you experience this. I always figured that withdrawal was enough and never expected physical symptoms unrelated to benzo withdrawal on top of the benzo symptoms. I am so naive.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's nor related to wd. When I got it it feels like a piece of glass.. I think it's a squeezed nerve.. 

Today I haven't had it..

[PE...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

It's not naive @[Ca...]. It's not strange thinking like that when so much can be withdrawals. But i never had any pain so it's easy to point out as something else.

And most people have back pain at some point in there life..

[Ca...]

I had terrible back pain after i went to a rehab for the valium in 2016. Scans showed bone on bone between L5 and S1. And I saw five or six back surgeons who all wanted to operate. And finally I picked up the valium again after two years of protracted withdrawal and horrific back pain, and it went away. 

I finally went outside today and walked and the hip pain has quieted down by 90 percent right now. Very odd but I guess the slow paced movement was beneficial.

Thanks so much for all your support!

• Like 1

[Ca...]

Thanks! I did go out and walk again today, just a very short two blocks and slowly. 

How are you feeling? I didn't sleep well and woke up with the bad benzo depression and anxiety. Trying to ignore it. Should feel better as the night wears on.

:classic_smile: