Members-only Group  ·  424 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Lack sleeping stopping recovery.

[le...]

[le...]

Saturday slept quite well had friends round Sunday didn’t cry at all. Yesterday slept about 2 hours crumbling mess today I can’t even get out of bed. Think have tuned a corner then back to square one. Will it ever ended.

• Like 1

[Ga...]

Leann, remember this recovery is non-linear and, thus, there is no way to predict how we will feel from day to day!  I may have a headache for three days straight, then go two weeks without one.  When my stomach acts up, my headache disappears.  I find that I do better when I follow through with plans to socialize as I tend to forget my aches and pains.  I am sorry to say that it all seems to come down to what many who have recovered say:  Time, Patience, Distract, Eat Healthy and Move a Little Every Day.  When I lie in bed I really do feel worse…..sometimes I am surprised by how much better I feel when I get moving in the morning!

Hugs,

GG

• Like 1

[le...]

Starting to believe the posts saying not everyone heals. I’ve had about 3 or 4  OK ish days in last 4 years. People should be warned about anti depressants as well they caused all my mental symptoms not the zopiclone, The GP never warned me about possible side effects. When you only get 2 hours sleep impossible to do anything apart from laying down. 

• Like 1

[le...]
Posted (edited)

Because I don’t get windows or any real improvement. Got lot worse after the flu jab about 18 months ago. I could do a lot more prior to that

Edited by [le...]
  • Like 1

[Ga...]

Leann, it would be helpful if you could post all the medicines such as anti-depressants, sleep meds, etc., and time frames taken and stopped so others can weigh in and be of more help.  The ones I remember you taking off and on are:  Zop, Valium, Seroquel, Ativan, etc.

Thanks,

GG

[Ca...]
10 hours ago, [[l...] said:

Starting to believe the posts saying not everyone heals. I’ve had about 3 or 4  OK ish days in last 4 years. People should be warned about anti depressants as well they caused all my mental symptoms not the zopiclone, The GP never warned me about possible side effects. When you only get 2 hours sleep impossible to do anything apart from laying down. 

I'm so sorry leann. It's rough going without sleep. I do vape to help getting to sleep. Sort of helps in my case. 

[Ca...]
On 16/04/2024 at 05:27, [[G...] said:

How will you move forward if you believe you won’t heal, Leann?

I think it comes down to how far you want to go, as with any one of us really. I'm a few months shy of 8 years and still no clear end in sight. But I'm a survivor, right!  Think too, we are all doing the best we can under the circumstances.

Edited by [Ca...]
Correction - word omission
  • Love 1

[Sc...]

I can say from experience lack of sleep does hinder recovery and makes symptoms worse. Sleep 8-9hrs is very important for us.

Edited by [Sc...]
  • Like 2

[jo...]

I know a lady who healed. Her success story is here I think her bb name is Misty93 or something. She didn’t sleep at all for 5 years. Only microsleeps. She also didn’t have windows. She made a turn around and healed over a few months. Hope is always there. If you’re taking meds still like another bb member suggested then that could definitely be affecting recovery 

[le...]
20 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Leann, it would be helpful if you could post all the medicines such as anti-depressants, sleep meds, etc., and time frames taken and stopped so others can weigh in and be of more help.  The ones I remember you taking off and on are:  Zop, Valium, Seroquel, Ativan, etc.

Thanks,

GG

[Ga...]
5 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I know a lady who healed. Her success story is here I think her bb name is Misty93 or something. She didn’t sleep at all for 5 years. Only microsleeps. She also didn’t have windows. She made a turn around and healed over a few months. Hope is always there. If you’re taking meds still like another bb member suggested then that could definitely be affecting recovery 

[Ga...]
1 minute ago, [[G...] said:

1 minute ago, [[G...] said:

[le...]
Posted (edited)

Only ones I took fir any length time were zopiclone, then anti depressants for few months. Never took Ativan, the others were literally a few days. Think lot mine is emotional stress as well, seen therapist this morning, feel very emotional afterwards. Have managed to get script for zopiclone finally so will resume it and do proper taper, hopefully if I can sleep will able to do more and stress levels go down.. She said about keeping a journal as well. Think it’s combination of reaction to anti depressants and emotional stress to be honest. Zopiclone withdrawal was very mild in my case.

Edited by [le...]
  • Like 2

[le...]

Thanks just think if I can improve sleep will make big difference. Therapist seems to think I have made progress just at snails pace. Have no intention staying on meds long term, do find it very stressful dragging up about my screwed up family though. All the psychiatrists here want to do is stick you on more meds. She said I have wrong attitude as won’t accept you can get side effects from things.

[Ga...]

Hey, I just found out that Benadryl can have serious side effects and needs to be tapered from…I have taken it off and on for four years for what I thought were allergy headaches!  Surprise😱😱😱😱

GG

[le...]

I used take valerian a lot for sleep but ended up giving me anxiety. A lot of over counter stuff have to be wary of, Feeling emotionally drained, the fact therapist thought my family totally screwed up makes me realise they are part problem😩

[Ga...]

Leann, your family may have been or are part of your issues….BUT, you can control your reaction to them!!!  Just like you can control your food, drink, exercise, etc.  I bet there are many, many people who have issues with their families, and choose to ignore them for their own mental health!  You are important and need to take care of YOU!!!

GG

• Like 1

[le...]

Just bit teary today as saw the therapist had to talk about it. My mum and sister both evil witches. I know have get past it but hard when you’ve been ignored by your mother most of your life. I am trying to eat more as lost lot of weight and try push myself to go out a bit more xx

• Like 1

[Ga...]

Good, you are trying and that is what counts!    You cannot change the past but you sure can control today!   I wish I needed to gain weight….I need to lose a lot!!!

Is your weather nice so you can walk a little every day!

GG

[No...]

Dear Leann! I'm a new member, and now I read your posts about Zopiclone, and then I found this. 

And please, don't get upset or angry at me. This is just information: 

"Zopiclone increases the normal transmission of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the central nervous system, via modulating GABAA receptors similarly to the way benzodiazepine drugs do.

You'll usually be prescribed for just 2- 4 weeks. And then this can cause tolerance, dependence leading to insomnia and anxiety. This is because your body gets used to this medicine quickly, and after this time it's unlikely to have the same effect.

So maybe Zop. is the problem insomnia? But maybe I'm wrong? Then I apologize. 

[Ga...]
17 hours ago, [[j...] said:

• Like 1

[Ga...]

JBTM, I know who you are referring to; she had a really long and difficult withdrawal, which took her around four to five years to make it through to recovery!

GG