Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Lack sleeping stopping recovery.

[le...]

[st...]

LeAnn I'm in year 3 and I get very little sleep. I can tell I'm healing.  Like you at a snails pace.  It's happening for us. I don't believe that we will not heal with our insomnia.  There's no proof or research to show that those that suffer with sleep don't heal. Xo

• Like 1

[le...]

The supposed zop I was prescribed dud nothing am wondering if she actually gave me a placebo. They look completely different. Insomnia wasn’t caused by zopiclone, I put up with it for years barely functioning, people don’t realise how it affects you mentally y and physically. Was getting dangerous as had to drive to work and was half asleep. Afraid I don’t believe it when people say they haven’t sleptt fir 5 years your body can’t sustain it it as detrimentally affects your health, co ordination. Will ask fir original make next time as think theses are fake.

• Like 1

[No...]
18 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Leann, your family may have been or are part of your issues….BUT, you can control your reaction to them!!!  Just like you can control your food, drink, exercise, etc.  I bet there are many, many people who have issues with their families, and choose to ignore them for their own mental health!  You are important and need to take care of YOU!!!

GG

GG, you are so right! My mother and I have always loved each other, only love and never harsh words. But she got dementia, and my siblings persuaded her to exclude me from the will, but they failed. And this made me very sad. But I started forgiveness meditations from the bottom of my heart. And I'm trying to live in the present. Done is done, and I cannot change something that has already happened. I'm not feeling angry anymore, and I'm feeling free now.

• Love 1

[jo...]
On 21/11/2019 at 09:28, [[V...] said:

Thank you for coming back and sharing your stories with us! Wish you a continue happy life with lots of joy and happiness.

Your story give me hope. 3.5 years out still suffering greatly and crying every day with severe headpain and anxiety.

On 15/04/2024 at 06:53, [[W...] said:

For some reason, my nervous system is almost more sensitive now at 5 years off than in previous years. I'm not sure why. Just talking to a friend or my dad will make me vibrate and buzz and feel sick. I try to reframe and tell myself that it is all my nerves system-wide that are coming alive again and growing back so they are "babies" and need some nurturing and quiet until all systems are a go!  

At any rate...you are not alone...

11 hours ago, [[G...] said:

JBTM, I know who you are referring to; she had a really long and difficult withdrawal, which took her around four to five years to make it through to recovery!

GG

I was able to speak with her on the phone some time ago. She is doing great. She had no windows and no sleep for five years. Her story gives me hope. As @[st...] said, you don’t need to be sleeping to heal 

[Ga...]
33 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I was able to speak with her on the phone some time ago. She is doing great. She had no windows and no sleep for five years. Her story gives me hope. As @[st...] said, you don’t need to be sleeping to heal 

33 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

[Ga...]

Wow, being able to speak to her on the phone is great….I remember reading her history and she was very ill.  I am with you that her recovery is one for the books, and a reminder that we do heal!!!!

Good luck to you and may you find healing sooner than later🙏❤️

GG

• Love 1

[Ca...]
23 hours ago, [[l...] said:

Just bit teary today as saw the therapist had to talk about it. My mum and sister both evil witches. I know have get past it but hard when you’ve been ignored by your mother most of your life. I am trying to eat more as lost lot of weight and try push myself to go out a bit more xx

I think you are doing the best you can under your prevailing awareness, as is, I believe we all are. I had, growing up, an older brother of whom I was terrified. Short story he went to prison 3 yrs then took his own life about a year after being released. I felt I needed to forgive, let go of the condemnation. He was the last one left of my family. I've been deeply saddened by all that has happened just in the last 25 years. Thank God my wife is still with me after 32 years where a lot ppl in similar relationships would break it off for something they figure they never signed onto. So I'm living with my wife, her sister and mom and of course, my cat "Gigi". I just broke my ankle, week ago and need to have surgery ASAP. 

• Like 1

[le...]
On 18/04/2024 at 17:00, [[C...] said:

I think you are doing the best you can under your prevailing awareness, as is, I believe we all are. I had, growing up, an older brother of whom I was terrified. Short story he went to prison 3 yrs then took his own life about a year after being released. I felt I needed to forgive, let go of the condemnation. He was the last one left of my family. I've been deeply saddened by all that has happened just in the last 25 years. Thank God my wife is still with me after 32 years where a lot ppl in similar relationships would break it off for something they figure they never signed onto. So I'm living with my wife, her sister and mom and of course, my cat "Gigi". I just broke my ankle, week ago and need to have surgery ASAP. 

[le...]
Posted (edited)

I don’t think people who haven’t had a toxic family realise how it can affect you mentally. I saw my Mum every week, sister lives in Australia saw her once year I was cut out of will. Treated like I didn’t matter for most my life Sleeping makes such a difference, It definitely affects the length time takes to heal, you definitely need some sort sleep to fully recover. Had insomnia for over 20 years it affects everything physically and mentally. Yes I sometimes wonder why my husband hasn’t left. Good luck with the ankle😔

Edited by [le...]
  • Love 1

[No...]
1 hour ago, [[l...] said:

I don’t think people who haven’t had a toxic family realise how it can affect you mentally. I saw my Mum every week, sister lives in Australia saw her once year I was cut out of will. Treated like I didn’t matter for most my life Sleeping makes such a difference, It definitely affects the length time takes to heal, you definitely need some sort sleep to fully recover. Had insomnia for over 20 years it affects everything physically and mentally. Yes I sometimes wonder why my husband hasn’t left. Good luck with the ankle😔

Life has been tough for most people with challenges and difficulties. I could write a book about everything negative that has happened in my life: energy thieves, a toxic family and bullying. And if I choose to focus on this I'm destroying my own life, but I don't allow that. And sometimes I'm suffering from intrusive thoughts, and we all do. But other people can no longer influence me in a negative way, they don't deserve that.

Edited by [No...]
  • Love 1

[Ca...]
2 hours ago, [[l...] said:

I don’t think people who haven’t had a toxic family realize how it can affect you mentally. I saw my Mum every week, sister lives in Australia saw her once year I was cut out of will. Treated like I didn’t matter for most my life Sleeping makes such a difference, It definitely affects the length time takes to heal, you definitely need some sort sleep to fully recover. Had insomnia for over 20 years it affects everything physically and mentally. Yes I sometimes wonder why my husband hasn’t left. Good luck with the ankle😔

Thank you so much too leann. I cannot imagine insomnia for so long in time OMG. I'm so sorry. Cannot imagine. For me there's a huge amount of grief, debilitating grief. Some of my MH issues are pretty serious, some of which were self-imposed at least in part. But we shall see how things transpire over the weekend. Thx for the ankle wishes 😀 

[le...]
3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Thank you so much too leann. I cannot imagine insomnia for so long in time OMG. I'm so sorry. Cannot imagine. For me there's a huge amount of grief, debilitating grief. Some of my MH issues are pretty serious, some of which were self-imposed at least in part. But we shall see how things transpire over the weekend. Thx for the ankle wishes 😀 

[le...]

I take zopiclone which  is frowned upon here for sleep. You can only function so many nights without sleep Before it affects you physically as well, It wasn’t caused by any drugs. Hope your ankle gets sorted, I broke my wrist few years ago takes a while to heal. Good luck with the op anyway. Just had major row with my husband saying I’m mad, really hate being like this with no respite.

[Ga...]

Leann, my understanding is that when you go off Zop and then back on, you get rebound insomnia.  Just like when one goes on and off a benzo….it is called kindling!!!  

GG

[Ga...]

Also, Leann, I have been taking Benadryl off and on for a few years, and I was told by my doctor recently that I need to taper off it slowly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms…..and it is just an OTC medicine for sleep.  I think most benzo buddies are not so much against anyone taking it, but because it is like a benzo they know that it can cause pretty bad side effects on its own!!!

GG

[le...]
On 20/04/2024 at 20:22, [[G...] said:

Leann, my understanding is that when you go off Zop and then back on, you get rebound insomnia.  Just like when one goes on and off a benzo….it is called kindling!!!  

GG

No didn’t get any kindling, it def helps just get the odd night when don’t sleep well. Have my doubts that someone  went 5 years with no sleep, I ran out meds and went 9 nights no sleeping barely functioned.. Got really annoyed when the ones psychic finally agreed give me some did nithing. Am wondering if they were placebo ones. But def  din’t get rebound insomnia from them.

• Like 1