Mirtazapine 15 mg for sleep while tapering

[ca...]

[Th...]

That's totally up to you.  But you've probably already taken it at some point day or night?

[or...]
23 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Sleep is very hard to come by especially when you have reached tolerance to your current dose.  I was right where you are now many many years ago.  At one point, even 3-4mgs of Klonopin and 30mg of Temazepam only gave me an hour or two of sleep.  I quit CT at the advice of my PCP and that's when my sleep really went south.  I tried literally every other drug that wasn't a Benzo for sleep.  Everything from Seroquel, to Trazodone to Mirtazepine to Doxepin.  The only thing that really worked for me was Seroquel, but it left me feeling super hung over the next day with tons of brain fog and DP/DR, so I stopped taking it.  

I toughed it out over the next 9-10 months while sleep slowly got better.  I learned that we can still function at a high level on very little sleep.  I am not advocating not sleeping, but simply stating my experience.  About 3 years after I quit CT and my sleep was good for months and months at a time, OTC sleep remedies that would never work during WD, such as doxylamine (antihistamine) worked well for me on those one-off nights.

Unfortunately the only way out is "through the WD process."  IMO, and this is NOT medical advice, I'd consider crossing over to Valium (Diazepam) and tapering off.  Consider something that is not a Benzo for sleep, such as Seroquel.  Peace!

I so agree, and each time a wd sxs passes, or even gets better, I believe it all the more.  Sometimes I actually feel guilty, and undeserving of how good I feel compared to just a couple months ago, let alone how bad I felt when I first got started here on BB. 

In all fairness, I do take magnesium glycinate at night before bed, and also chamomile tea helps too I believe, just a cup before bed. Also low-carb nutrition, and maybe an hour of actual exercises, and try to stay away from TV and my recliner ;D

I had insomnia, coupled with race-brain, and/or "intrusive thoughts", but it's all but gone now.  I get at least 5 hrs sleep sometimes 7, maybe 8, oregonlady~Denise :hug: