Underarm Sweating

[An...]

[An...]

Hey I am struggling with sweating under my arms, I know this is a minor thing to complain about but it’s hard to wear anything without embarrassment, I can’t wear any light coloured shirts everything has to be black and loose, I shower 3-4 times a day because of this. Is this common in taper ? Did anyone have this whilst on Benzos or during taper: if so when did this subside for you ( also suffering a lot more symtoms this is a minor one; but making me very insecure

• Like 1

[Ka...]

Hello @[An...] not during taper but I had serious overheating whilst on a benzo but also with venlafaxine. I literally could not cool down. I CT venlafaxine (by mistake due to my ignorance) & it stopped. I think mirtazapine affected me this way too but not nearly so bad. I found some products if you are looking for something subject to suitability: driclor, No More Sweat & Perspirex. 

Sweating is normal, meds can really mess with the way we function & this can make us more anxious which in turn is then a vicious circle. I hope it subsides for you. 

Edited by [Ka...]

[Fe...]

This is something I've experienced for a while even before any sort of WD. I actually think I'm a bit fortunate to have it sometimes as its a good flushing of those glands in the area. Oh that made me think of something- Perhaps it is related to lymphatic health in some way. Perhaps the body is trying to flush things out. I would be curious to see what a quality lymphatic massage would do for your issue. There's a book called The Book of Lymph or something like that. It goes into severe detail on how to do lymphatic massage. 

Also- Have you noticed any sort of correlation between the type of thoughts you're running/having when the sweat starts? I have. It doesn't happen all the time I'm assuming. If that's true then there's a start and a finish and examining those starts and finishes could reveal things, if there are things to be revealed. 

[or...]
On 03/04/2024 at 12:33, [[A...] said:

Hey I am struggling with sweating under my arms, I know this is a minor thing to complain about but it’s hard to wear anything without embarrassment, I can’t wear any light coloured shirts everything has to be black and loose, I shower 3-4 times a day because of this. Is this common in taper ? Did anyone have this whilst on Benzos or during taper: if so when did this subside for you ( also suffering a lot more symtoms this is a minor one; but making me very insecure

I'm 71, long past menopause hotflashes which include (d) under arm sweating of course.  But every time I've tapered down again, even at a slow taper, I get more hot sweats, I am off and on with clothing, definitely bad while at home.  I don't know what it is about going out in public it doesn't happen, at home it does.

I believe mine is wd sxs for sure, and sometimes in lessens, and I forget, then remember hey! I'm not sweating, then cold again since I keep my heat totally off in my apartment.  Smothering feeling if it's on.

It will subside when I am through my taper, I totally believe in all of us having healing, I don't know to what extent mine will be, but I am very hopeful :)

I think my nutrition helps, and also my outdoor, as well as indoor videos of resistance bands helps a lot.  I feel sweating is another way my body gets rid of toxins, so I try hard to welcome it, LOL!  Which that isn't easy as we all know ;)

You can talk about any issue you want, there always seems to be others that understand exactly ;) oregonlady/Denise

[Ad...]
3 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I'm 71, long past menopause hotflashes which include (d) under arm sweating of course.  But every time I've tapered down again, even at a slow taper, I get more hot sweats, I am off and on with clothing, definitely bad while at home.  I don't know what it is about going out in public it doesn't happen, at home it does.

I believe mine is wd sxs for sure, and sometimes in lessens, and I forget, then remember hey! I'm not sweating, then cold again since I keep my heat totally off in my apartment.  Smothering feeling if it's on.

It will subside when I am through my taper, I totally believe in all of us having healing, I don't know to what extent mine will be, but I am very hopeful :)

I think my nutrition helps, and also my outdoor, as well as indoor videos of resistance bands helps a lot.  I feel sweating is another way my body gets rid of toxins, so I try hard to welcome it, LOL!  Which that isn't easy as we all know ;)

You can talk about any issue you want, there always seems to be others that understand exactly ;) oregonlady/Denise

I never made the connection with WD sx but I have the same thing and also different reactions to the same temperatures. Like one day the house is 73 and I'm dying of the heat. 73 a few hours later and I'm freezing. Weird.

• Like 1

[or...]
15 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I never made the connection with WD sx but I have the same thing and also different reactions to the same temperatures. Like one day the house is 73 and I'm dying of the heat. 73 a few hours later and I'm freezing. Weird.

I only had them slightly before I got into withdrawal so I definitely believe it was a withdrawal symptom but like I said sometimes they're just gone you know kind of like some of my other symptoms but tonight is has been cranked up for the last 3 days or so but I know it's going to come down again cuz it has in the past I mean I don't know it but I hope it. 😉👍

[Ca...]

I have incredible flashing at times; while i was walking which is on hold because my right leg has been very painful and also at night around family...any stress and I start flashing. Then I feel chilled. I am long past menopause so I know it's my body reacting to anxiety and maybe trying to shed toxins. I do a lot of laundry!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[An...]
14 hours ago, [[F...] said:

This is something I've experienced for a while even before any sort of WD. I actually think I'm a bit fortunate to have it sometimes as its a good flushing of those glands in the area. Oh that made me think of something- Perhaps it is related to lymphatic health in some way. Perhaps the body is trying to flush things out. I would be curious to see what a quality lymphatic massage would do for your issue. There's a book called The Book of Lymph or something like that. It goes into severe detail on how to do lymphatic massage. 

Also- Have you noticed any sort of correlation between the type of thoughts you're running/having when the sweat starts? I have. It doesn't happen all the time I'm assuming. If that's true then there's a start and a finish and examining those starts and finishes could reveal things, if there are things to be revealed. 

Hmm this is interesting I will look into this more 

but I will be getting under arm Botox to stop this it’s destructing my life 

[or...]
12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I have incredible flashing at times; while i was walking which is on hold because my right leg has been very painful and also at night around family...any stress and I start flashing. Then I feel chilled. I am long past menopause so I know it's my body reacting to anxiety and maybe trying to shed toxins. I do a lot of laundry!

Hi Carol, yes, mine seems to rely heavily on my anxiety, or just any sort of anxious feeling.  I get the hot flushes when I am on here at times, but don't get any when I am physically active.  There's something about being outdoors that really calms me, even driving, or grocery shopping helps me (which I hate going in the first place ;) ) but always takes away many sxs for me.  I guess it is about the "distractions" some talk about, oregonlady :hug:

[or...]
4 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hmm this is interesting I will look into this more 

but I will be getting under arm Botox to stop this it’s destructing my life 

This just worried me so I'll just say, please look into these injections, Botox is toxic, and it could make a person's wd sxs way worse, and/or mess of a taper.

Hell!  I made the mistake of taking an anti-histamine, safe enough for children right??  I don't think so, read about it and now have to wean off that too, oregonlady :hug:PS Botox is big biz for BIG pharma, all the rage!  Just like benzos, all of us bought into that one too, we have to do our home-work, then decide.

https://medlineplus.gov/botox.html

Edited by [or...]
  • Wow 1

[An...]
8 hours ago, [[o...] said:

This just worried me so I'll just say, please look into these injections, Botox is toxic, and it could make a person's wd sxs way worse, and/or mess of a taper.

Hell!  I made the mistake of taking an anti-histamine, safe enough for children right??  I don't think so, read about it and now have to wean off that too, oregonlady :hug:PS Botox is big biz for BIG pharma, all the rage!  Just like benzos, all of us bought into that one too, we have to do our home-work, then decide.

😯😯😯 I have so much Botox in my face I didn’t know that it can make withdrawal worse 

• Like 1

[An...]
8 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I was grinding from the withdrawal and had TMJ Botox I managed to grind through my mouth guard and my dentist recommended as I was ruining my enamel I’m sure they used around 50 units or so 😞

[or...]

Oh I can't tell you it will make it worse because I never had Botox injections while I was withdrawing this last year I did have botox in my neck both sides for 9 months every 3 months shots in one side and shots in the other to stop what was called cervical dystonia I am really glad I stopped using it because I hadn't read about it until after I went and got the injections and that was years ago I'm just saying to be sure and check it out because Botox is toxic and I can't remember now if I put the link there for you of just one place I linked you to if you want to read that I'll go back and look and see if I put the link up if I didn't I'll get it for you

[or...]
9 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

😯😯😯 I have so much Botox in my face I didn’t know that it can make withdrawal worse 

8 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I was grinding from the withdrawal and had TMJ Botox I managed to grind through my mouth guard and my dentist recommended as I was ruining my enamel I’m sure they used around 50 units or so 😞

I understand completely reaching out for anything that might help us when we're in that sort of a predicament my head was moving closer to my left shoulder and I couldn't straighten it out so I felt pretty desperate at that time and if it happened today I don't know what I'd do but luckily I don't have that issue now, I just wanted you to know about what I'd read because that way you can make an educated decision on the botox thing, 👍💕

[Ca...]

Oregon Lady if you can go grocery shopping and it calms your anxiety, consider yourself very fortunate!!

[el...]

I have it too from time to time, that's so annoying! Especially when i am stressed or worried about something. For the last couple of months my studies were super intense and before i found this service https://academized.com/write-my-paper , i had it all the time. Also have difficulties to sleep in the same cases.

Edited by [el...]

[Ch...]
On 03/04/2024 at 22:33, [[A...] said:

Hey there, I understand what you're going through, and it's totally okay to feel this way. Sweating under your arms can be tough, especially when it affects how you feel about yourself and what you wear. Some people find that drinking lots of water and wearing breathable fabrics can help with sweating. Hang in there, and take care of yourself!