Introducing myself

Hi I’m Jodi but you can call me joe if you’d like. At first I thought this was lexapro withdrawal, but I seem to relate symptom wise much more with benzo withdrawal. My story Klonopin as needed for traveling only . Went up to 2mg at most. Only as needed for trips . Very rarely . I was on klonopin and Lexapro from may 2020- December 2022. I CT both meds on 12/16/22 because I started having hallucinations to foods after puffing a CBD vape pen on 9/30/22. I reinstated Lexapro from 3/28/2023-5/52023. At that point I was in benzo withdrawal I guess …. So the Lexapro was actually making me worse. I began losing consciousness and feeling in my body ….I wasn’t really as bad as a am now until I started taking vitamin D. Pretty much how I got this bad. I started December 2022 and stopped taking vitamin d on 11/1/2023 since I had then realized it was making me worse . So I guess it’s a supplement set back ? Although things have never really calmed down they just slowly increased and I slowly got more stimulated . Now here I am. Food and chemical sensitivities. Anxiety visual disturbances audio disturbances floaters vertigo heat and exercise intolerance. Down to a few foods chicken beef and a few vegetables and Aquafina water only. I miss eating normal so bad  hopefully this ends soon. If I eat carbs or sugar or high histamine foods or have sunlight exposure or heat exposure or chemical exposure i suffer greatly . I have not found a deodorant or body wash or hair care I can tolerate. I believe I am healed in the name of Jesus , but I am waiting for the symptoms to leave. I’m choosing that That’s the only and best way to look at things right now. By his stripes I am healed regardless of what I’m going through I have to walk by faith and not by sight . I have to walk into my healing by the grace of God. I stand in agreement that he can do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can ask or think. Amen .🙏🏾 

• Like 1

[Br...]

Hello @[...] - welcome to BenzoBuddies!  Thank you for introducing yourself.  It sounds like you have been experiencing a number of difficult withdrawal symptoms.  From what you describe my guess is you are experiencing  withdrawal from your CTs from both Klonopin and Lexapro.  Both benzos like Klonopin and antidepressants like Lexapro can cause prolonged difficult withdrawals.  I 

You may find this piece helpful: Food Intolerances and Food Sensitivities.

Also this piece with tips for Coping with Withdrawal-induced Food Intolerances

• Love 1

[Bu...]

Hello @[...],

Just wanted to say "hello" and that I can really relate to food issues.  I've had some intolerances while taking Clonazepam and now that I am off, I've had even more.  Things that were my go-to's are problems right now, but they are improving.  For several months I couldn't eat any oats or apples in any form and before withdrawal, I pretty much lived on both of them.  Like I said though, it is getting better.  I can now have the occasional small granola bar and I can drink a certain brand of apple juice again without problems.  

Hang in there, it will get better!

• Love 1

@[Bu...] that’s great to hear I always get excited when someone is able to add new foods 🥰 Thankyou so much 

• Like 1

[Ho...]

Hi @[...],

Yes I relate! I went down fast on Clonazepam (slowed down for the last .5 mg) but didn't realize the dr had given me valium and some other drugs to use as needed. They made me feel so much worse I didn't stay with them but it lengthened things, I think. For the first year or so I could not eat much and lost 40 lbs. They put me on mirtazepine, and I gained it back. Am tapering that, now. Losing weight too but more slowly.

At about a year off everything I was super sensitized to things like smells, noise, bright changing lights meaning action on TV, traffic etc. I'm finally a lot calmer at 18+ months off. I can eat anything but don't eat as much as I used to, which is fine. I still don't drink coffee or alcohol or sugary drinks. 

At this point I'm still a bit sensitized but not like before, at all. Hoping to start enjoying my old pursuits again soon, although I'm not there yet. Am optimistic! God has been good throughout all of this. Amazingly close; always right there. 

Keep looking up; time in his presence is sometimes the only place of peace!! 

Healing is running after you and will get there right on time!

Warmly,

HCHC

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@[Ho...] ty so much for your kind words :) I agree healing is around the corner we just have to keep making it to that corner !! I appreciate your kindness:)

• Like 1

@[Bl...] wow Thankyou . Very sweet words and yes I believe with time and faith we all will overcome this. This is the hardest thing we all have ever imagined possibly happening to us. But one day we’ll be able to look back and our future selves will thank us 

• Like 1