How do you get through months of symptoms while being unemployed.

[Ma...]

Hey all, In only in month 3 still crossing over the anxiety especially in the morning is ungodly, my dr advices me not to work due to symptoms … how the hell do we get through these days months years.. like this ??? Anyone ? Help ? The morning sads and afternoon anguish are becoming unbearable how do we live like this ??  

[Ma...]

You stay in the moment. You give your body time to heal and support that healing through rest, a clean diet, hydrating and distraction.

Your nervous system has essentially been hit by an 18 wheeler truck. If you could see those wounds, what would you do?

Breathe, practice new coping skills and build that tool box to take with you in the future.

Practice acceptance as in Radical Acceptance: Accept, direct, act in what is manageable.

Try minimal exercise and build on that; get as much fresh air as possible.

And years? Says who? Do they have a Magic 8 Ball with your name on it? Do you have that kind of energy to expend worrying on an unknown future? Maybe it will be 3 months, 30 more days…

You will HEAL! Adding stress isn’t going to accelerate an already stressful situation.

Just 1 day, 1 moment at a time. You’ll get there but only by going all the way through with grace, patience and being kind to yourself 🍀.

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

[Ma...]

Heyyy thanks @[Ma...] my dr said the taper typically takes 2 yrs and then hopefully no paws but yea I’m doing my best going for walks staying with family and loved ones at all times but as I said this situation has just ripped everything from me and that radical acceptance is just really hard to work on and there’s so many drugs to taper feels never ending .. I’m only 39 and I feel like my life is just decimated and the day to day just don’t know how others in the community have persevered esp without being able to work 

[PE...]

Try to embrace it. See it as mental challenge to grow from.

This is my personal trick.

But when in the thick of it nothing really helps. Then time. One more day concurred, next one please. 

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 3

[Ma...]

You just do it @[Ma...]. Don’t think about it, just let it flow.

Do you feel you can work? Maybe part time? Who care what your doctor says. This is your life and healing is your responsibility. A lot of people find working actually HELPS.

If you can’t right now, then that is right now, nothing more. I know very, very well how beyond hideous this is, but it will pass. And we’ll be the better for it.

Practice acceptance, practice letting time pass, practice pampering yourself, practice patience. You’re going to be okay, even if you can’t see that right now!

• Like 2

[Ma...]

I agree working would help but my symptoms are really bad in the morning and my abilities cognitively are very off I also have severe unannounced panic attacks so I honestly don’t know . I have bad si so I try to stay with family and friends at all times really trying 

• Like 2

[da...]

I recommend the book Meditations by Osho. In the book, he suggest several unique and unconventional meditation exercises.

• Like 1

[Ma...]

How does the overall community truly get through this and I forgot to add akathesia .. 

• Like 1

[Nu...]
8 hours ago, [[M...] said:

You stay in the moment. You give your body time to heal and support that healing through rest, a clean diet, hydrating and distraction.

Your nervous system has essentially been hit by an 18 wheeler truck. If you could see those wounds, what would you do?

Breathe, practice new coping skills and build that tool box to take with you in the future.

Practice acceptance as in Radical Acceptance: Accept, direct, act in what is manageable.

Try minimal exercise and build on that; get as much fresh air as possible.

And years? Says who? Do they have a Magic 8 Ball with your name on it? Do you have that kind of energy to expend worrying on an unknown future? Maybe it will be 3 months, 30 more days…

You will HEAL! Adding stress isn’t going to accelerate an already stressful situation.

Just 1 day, 1 moment at a time. You’ll get there but only by going all the way through with grace, patience and being kind to yourself 🍀.

Very good post. Thank you for posting this, @[Ma...].

• Like 1

[ha...]

Everyone is different. Someone needs to go back to work asap to distract from all the problems. Others need time and rest. Listen to your body, try thinking positively, do things that bring you joy. If you feel like you will feel better if you work, maybe talk to another doctor (you can contact summit health customer service to find a doctor fast if needed) or just go for it. 

Edited by [ha...]
  • Like 2

[ns...]
On 21/03/2024 at 08:59, [[M...] said:

Hey all, In only in month 3 still crossing over the anxiety especially in the morning is ungodly, my dr advices me not to work due to symptoms … how the hell do we get through these days months years.. like this ??? Anyone ? Help ? The morning sads and afternoon anguish are becoming unbearable how do we live like this ??  

Hi Marlo, I hear you! We all do.

Have you seen the topic, ways to distraction I think it's called. See if u can find that, I think it will help you. There are many ideas on there that'll give you something to do

Not only for distraction but also possibly some ideas to earn money!

I wish I had the link here. But look under withdrawal topica I believe or hopefully someone will add the link to your post.

Try not to dwell on this ok, I do it too but it's not helpful!

Take care Marlo 

Ns

Here is the title, its under withdrawal symptoms called 

(Master thread for distraction techniques)

Edited by [ns...]
Addition
  • Like 1

[Ma...]
15 hours ago, [[h...] said:

Everyone is different. Someone needs to go back to work asap to distract from all the problems. Others need time and rest. Listen to your body, try thinking positively, do things that bring you joy. If you feel like you will feel better if you work, maybe talk to another doctor or just go for it. 

Unfortunately driving and panic attacks are quite in swing I’m in extreme discomfort all the time  

[da...]

@[Ma...], there are many freelancing websites where you can try to get a job. You can also try to learn some new skill through youtube.

• Like 1

[PE...]
On 22/03/2024 at 00:39, [[M...] said:

How does the overall community truly get through this and I forgot to add akathesia .. 

Akathisia is pure evil! I got better but what a fight!

[Ma...]

Thanks all today is crippling depression idk know how or if I’ll survive this 

[Ma...]

Yea I had to just to lay down with the dog n thankfully it wasn’t a toxic nap 

• Like 1

[Ma...]
10 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Akathisia is pure evil! I got better but what a fight!

How are you doing ? What was your “story” ? I didn’t see a history on your page 

• Like 1

[Ma...]
On 22/03/2024 at 18:56, [[h...] said:

Everyone is different. Someone needs to go back to work asap to distract from all the problems. Others need time and rest. Listen to your body, try thinking positively, do things that bring you joy. If you feel like you will feel better if you work, maybe talk to another doctor (you can contact summit health customer service to find a doctor fast if needed) or just go for it. 

That’s the thing joy is something I can’t feel like I get maybe an hour at night where I can laugh a lil then it’s gone 

• Wow 1

[PE...]
12 hours ago, [[M...] said:

How are you doing ? What was your “story” ? I didn’t see a history on your page 

Oh sorry I will fix that.

Fast version:

Tried taper the whole last year but symptoms was so bad, vomiting and anakthasia from hell, that i gave up and just stopped and went ct. It was intense but quickly got better. 

Now I'm 6 month off and things are improving :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Ma...]
13 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Oh sorry I will fix that.

Fast version:

Tried taper the whole last year but symptoms was so bad, vomiting and anakthasia from hell, that i gave up and just stopped and went ct. It was intense but quickly got better. 

Now I'm 6 month off and things are improving :)

From what benzo and how long were you on ? 

[PE...]
10 hours ago, [[M...] said:

From what benzo and how long were you on ? 

Hi @[Ma...]. I was on all kinds of benzos. Started out with zopiclone around 10 years ago. I got them for insomnia.