Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Really need help/opinions with method of tapering K

[Cy...]

I've been really struggling with cutting/weighing my Clonazepam. The readings are sooo inconsistent, jumping all over. Even the calibration weights can be significantly off right after calibrating.  I've tried a couple of hacks, as well as moving the location of where I use the scale, as I know the house I'm in has areas that are not level. I've made sure to be away from any electronics.  American Scale even sent me a new Gemini 20; they thought the sensors may have been malfunctioning.  At this point, I don't trust any of the readings, and it's become very time consuming. Weighing was supposed to bring confidence that I was cutting at the right percentage, but instead it's creating a lot of additional anxiety, which I could certainly do without.  I am very sensitive to fluctuations in the doses. WD symptoms have been much worse after the most recent cut. 

It's time to for me to decide whether I need to spend some money on a more advanced scale or instead consider spending the money on a professional liquid compounded method.  I would really appreciate any/all thoughts on both.

Wondering if the the scales with .0001 accuracy can take you down through the smallest dose changes to the jumping off point. It makes no sense to spend the money on an advanced scale if I would still have to change methods when I get down to the tiny doses. 

I've read some posts in which some have had a hard time going from tablets to a liquid compound. Is this because of going to a daily cut, a difference in strength, the rate of absorption, fillers in the solution, or other factors?  I'm currently cutting 5% (or so I think/hope) and holding for 2 weeks. Would the compounded med use the same rate of taper, or is it faster/slower?

I am currently on roughly .25 mg Clonazepam in the PM (target weight of .86), .125 mg AM (target weight of .42).

Thank you for your help and insight on this!

[Li...]
5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I've read some posts in which some have had a hard time going from tablets to a liquid compound. Is this because of going to a daily cut, a difference in strength, the rate of absorption, fillers in the solution, or other factors?

Hello @[Cy...]. Based on six years of experience in this community, my observation is that the most common reasons individuals experience issues switching from tablets to liquids in general (not just compounded liquids but also manufacturer’s liquids and do-it-yourself liquids) include:

(1) They do not give themselves sufficient time to adjust to the new dosage form (e.g. the bioavailability of liquid formulation may be different from that of the solid dosage form).

(2) They make a reduction in dose at the same time they switch to the liquid.

(3) They make math/measurement errors (e.g. in converting milligrams of active drug to milliliters of active drug; in selecting an oral syringe with the appropriate capacity and graduation marks to measure the target dose as accurately as possible, in filling the oral syringe to the correct dose).

• Like 1

[Fa...]

Hi, @[Cy...].  I agree with @[Li...]' reasons listed above.  I just wanted to stop by and let you know I made both mistake 1 and 2 listed above, and I still did eventually stabilize on a combination of diazepam tablets and liquid.

I would also add reasons (4) and (5):

(4) switching dosage form from an 'unstable' position (i.e., suffering with intense symptoms from current taper strategy/position, panic and make switch without giving system a satisfactory 'holding' period)

(5) fear, anxiety, stress and lack of confidence in dosage form change

• Like 2

[or...]
10 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I've been really struggling with cutting/weighing my Clonazepam. The readings are sooo inconsistent, jumping all over. Even the calibration weights can be significantly off right after calibrating.  I've tried a couple of hacks, as well as moving the location of where I use the scale, as I know the house I'm in has areas that are not level. I've made sure to be away from any electronics.  American Scale even sent me a new Gemini 20; they thought the sensors may have been malfunctioning.  At this point, I don't trust any of the readings, and it's become very time consuming. Weighing was supposed to bring confidence that I was cutting at the right percentage, but instead it's creating a lot of additional anxiety, which I could certainly do without.  I am very sensitive to fluctuations in the doses. WD symptoms have been much worse after the most recent cut. 

It's time to for me to decide whether I need to spend some money on a more advanced scale or instead consider spending the money on a professional liquid compounded method.  I would really appreciate any/all thoughts on both.

Wondering if the the scales with .0001 accuracy can take you down through the smallest dose changes to the jumping off point. It makes no sense to spend the money on an advanced scale if I would still have to change methods when I get down to the tiny doses. 

I've read some posts in which some have had a hard time going from tablets to a liquid compound. Is this because of going to a daily cut, a difference in strength, the rate of absorption, fillers in the solution, or other factors?  I'm currently cutting 5% (or so I think/hope) and holding for 2 weeks. Would the compounded med use the same rate of taper, or is it faster/slower?

I am currently on roughly .25 mg Clonazepam in the PM (target weight of .86), .125 mg AM (target weight of .42).

Thank you for your help and insight on this!

EDITED: Hi Cindy,

For me I found 3% at once, to high a cut, and now I've only been doing a 1% cut from my latest dose of C, TEVA brand tablet.  I feel more secure sticking to my tablet form, that's just me.  I have a cheap little jewelry scale that lands on the right number often, usually I get exactly the weight I want, like I recently went from .095g weight of TEVA Tablet, down to .094.  I then only have to hold about 8 or 9 days til I feel stable, no significant wd sxs.

I realize that's just too slow a taper for some, but it is working for me.  It's basically like 3% a month taper.  But also, I want to mention that my scale may land within .001g less, or more.  If I feel stressed, I just take that dose.  

I cannot even breath on my scale it's so sensitive.  I make sure there is no breeze, even a small fan in the next room, seriously, oregonlady :hug:

PS I also use some powder left over, to weigh out my dose, and it works fine as well. Not always perfect, I have a bad tremor and high anxiety. I also do not use a "strict" taper schedule, I only taper when I feel very stable, when I do feel stable, I'll even wait a day or two to make double sure I'm ready.  To hell with putting a strict schedule on myself >:( my body determines when to taper ;)

Edited by [or...]

[Ad...]

Hello @[Cy...]--

I'm certainly no expert, as I just got my first scale, a cheapo from Amazon, but it seems to be pretty consistent. I have 1 mg K tablets that I've gotten down to .5 mg. But the first thing I learned when I got the scale is that my pill splitter, which looked very accurate to the eye, was way off per the scale. So I just keep shaving the bigger half and put it back on top of the weight in "calibrate" mode until it registers what I want three different times. I have all these little bags divided out into different weights and weigh and put the smaller pieces in those for the future. I made myself a chart so I know what I'll need for the next few months. I seem to do okay with a 5% reduction of the current dose, not 5% of the original 1 mg. I have a few SX at the beginning, but after two weeks I can reduce again.

Here is another thing I learned: Different brands weigh differently. I was originally prescribed 3 mg a day, but never took that much (thank goodness), so I have three different brands. I never realized it until I got the scale, but they all weigh in differently. So I'm just sticking with one brand for now and when that runs out I'll have to switch to one of the others. Oh, I save the "shavings" in a little bag to use in the future, because I know we will get to the point of weighing tiny bits of powder at the end.

I'm probably telling you stuff you already know, but thought I'd share what I've learned just in case.

• Like 1

[or...]

I see I screwed up in my first sentence, I meant to say what Adellea1911 mentioned, I shave off from my previous dose, not the original tablet.  So sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

So like my dose right now is .094g in weight of what's left of my TEVA 1 mg. so when I taper the 1% again, I'll be at .093g of weight of my TEVA which orig. dose is 1 mg. and weighs an average of 10 pills is .170g.  I hope I got that right ;) oregonlady PS Thanks Adella for mentioning that, glad I saw it.

[Cy...]
5 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I'm certainly no expert, as I just got my first scale, a cheapo from Amazon, but it seems to be pretty consistent. I have 1 mg K tablets that I've gotten down to .5 mg. But the first thing I learned when I got the scale is that my pill splitter, which looked very accurate to the eye, was way off per the scale. So I just keep shaving the bigger half and put it back on top of the weight in "calibrate" mode until it registers what I want three different times.

Can I ask what scale you're using?  I want to make sure I understand your process. You're weighing the pills in the calibrate mode? And you said you put the pill back on top of the weight...what do you mean by that?  I calibrate but don't keep it in calibrate mode.  When I try to weigh 3 times, I get sometimes absurdly different readings.

Thanks Adella1911!

[Cy...]
7 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I have a cheap little jewelry scale that lands on the right number often, usually I get exactly the weight I want, like I recently went from .095g weight of TEVA Tablet, down to .094. 

Hi Oregonlady,

You're scale is THAT accurate???!!!  What scale are you using??  I use the Gemini 20, recommended here.  I try to confirm the weight 3 times, similar to Adella1911, however, I'm lucky if my readings are withing .003-.007 of each other.  No way could I use for such small incremental cuts, which is why I am considering the more expensive scale.

Thank you!

[je...]

Shaving and weighing was a nightmare for me. I did it for one week and I gave up. Then I switched to this method: https://benzodrytapermath.com/. You crush the pills and add fillers to get more accurate weighing. But even with the fillers the scale gave me different readings. I wasn't too hung up about it (I'm just telling you that even with added weight I was still struggling with measurement). However, this process was very tedious. 

I switched to liquid at around 0.4mg Clonazepam. It was so much easier. If you have it compounded, there is no more guess work, you have your meds for a couple of weeks (keep it in the fridge), and you just pull the dose with a syringe. Not even 2 min. Done! 

15 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Would the compounded med use the same rate of taper, or is it faster/slower?

You taper exactly at the speed you want. You can hold, go faster, go slower. In very basic terms, each ml corresponds to a certain amount of mg. The syringe is marked is ml. You get various sizes of syringes. I used a 1ml syringe. The lowest amount I was able to reduce with my liquid was 0.001mg. 

[Cy...]
16 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Shaving and weighing was a nightmare for me. I did it for one week and I gave up. Then I switched to this method: https://benzodrytapermath.com/. You crush the pills and add fillers to get more accurate weighing. But even with the fillers the scale gave me different readings. I wasn't too hung up about it (I'm just telling you that even with added weight I was still struggling with measurement). However, this process was very tedious. 

I switched to liquid at around 0.4mg Clonazepam. It was so much easier. If you have it compounded, there is no more guess work, you have your meds for a couple of weeks (keep it in the fridge), and you just pull the dose with a syringe. Not even 2 min. Done! 

You taper exactly at the speed you want. You can hold, go faster, go slower. In very basic terms, each ml corresponds to a certain amount of mg. The syringe is marked is ml. You get various sizes of syringes. I used a 1ml syringe. The lowest amount I was able to reduce with my liquid was 0.001mg. 

Hi Jelly Baby, 

I could never do the powder/capsule method.  I can't use fillers due to intolerance of many inactive ingredients. But that would be waaaay too tedious for me as well, in my current state.

I thought the compounded method seemed much easier and obviously very precise.  Did you have any issues switching over?  Did the pharmacist determine strength and give you the conversion rate for dosing? I would also be using a 1 ml syringe. So, good to know you were able to dose down as far as .001!

Thank you!

[Cy...]
11 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Hello @[Cy...]. Based on six years of experience in this community, my observation is that the most common reasons individuals experience issues switching from tablets to liquids in general (not just compounded liquids but also manufacturer’s liquids and do-it-yourself liquids) include:

(1) They do not give themselves sufficient time to adjust to the new dosage form (e.g. the bioavailability of liquid formulation may be different from that of the solid dosage form).

(2) They make a reduction in dose at the same time they switch to the liquid.

(3) They make math/measurement errors (e.g. in converting milligrams of active drug to milliliters of active drug; in selecting an oral syringe with the appropriate capacity and graduation marks to measure the target dose as accurately as possible, in filling the oral syringe to the correct dose).

9 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Hi, @[Cy...].  I agree with @[Li...]' reasons listed above.  I just wanted to stop by and let you know I made both mistake 1 and 2 listed above, and I still did eventually stabilize on a combination of diazepam tablets and liquid.

I would also add reasons (4) and (5):

(4) switching dosage form from an 'unstable' position (i.e., suffering with intense symptoms from current taper strategy/position, panic and make switch without giving system a satisfactory 'holding' period)

(5) fear, anxiety, stress and lack of confidence in dosage form change

Hi @[Fa...] and @[Li...]. Thanks for your responses!   How much time should you give for adjusting?  Assuming bioavailability suggests that there is a difference in the active amount of medication? Because of different manufacturer or just difference in form? Wouldn't  the pharmacist be able to take that into account when formulating? Doesn't the pharmacist determine the conversion rate?  What info does the prescription need to provide for them to be accurate?

As for switching when unstable, I don't ever seem to get stable.  I started the taper with tolerance withdrawal, and the anxiety, panic and fear just don't ever seem to dissipate.  Some days are a little better than others.  I've had a couple of short windows, but generally quite anxious and fearful daily.

Thank you!

[je...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Hi Jelly Baby, 

I could never do the powder/capsule method.  I can't use fillers due to intolerance of many inactive ingredients. But that would be waaaay too tedious for me as well, in my current state.

I thought the compounded method seemed much easier and obviously very precise.  Did you have any issues switching over?  Did the pharmacist determine strength and give you the conversion rate for dosing? I would also be using a 1 ml syringe. So, good to know you were able to dose down as far as .001!

Thank you!

To be completely honest, I did my own homebrew liquid which I believe had some real flaws. But even with that I had no problem switching to liquid. That is why I said, if I you have a compounded liquid then you eliminate 2 issues you have with DIY liquids:

1. you take the guess work out of it (potential flaws in the method, and accurately mixing the correct quantities)
  2. you don't have to discard the liquid every 2-3 days

You can give the pharmacist this document below and see if they can mix it for you accordingly. This formulation has been stability tested. The concentration is the same concentration I used for my homebrew stuff - meaning mine was also 0.1mg/ml so you'll be able to reduce at 0.001mg if you need to:

0.1mg/ml Clonazepam Oral Suspension:
https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/-/media/nch/specialties/pharmacy/compounding-formulas/clonazepam-oral.ashx

When it comes to preciseness - I think there could still be some slight variances related to the syringe if I remember correctly. 

[Cy...]
2 hours ago, [[j...] said:

You can give the pharmacist this document below and see if they can mix it for you accordingly. This formulation has been stability tested. The concentration is the same concentration I used for my homebrew stuff - meaning mine was also 0.1mg/ml so you'll be able to reduce at 0.001mg if you need to:

Thank you @[je...].  I just can't wrap my head around the math/conversions in my current state.  Is the .1 mg in the conversion the strength of the tablet, or the weight?  Assuming strength of the tablet, meaning that a .5 mg tablet would equal 5 ml. Correct?

Thanks so much!

[Cy...]
3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

As for switching when unstable, I don't ever seem to get stable.  I started the taper with tolerance withdrawal, and the anxiety, panic and fear just don't ever seem to dissipate.  Some days are a little better than others.  I've had a couple of short windows, but generally quite anxious and fearful daily.

@[Li...] and @[Fa...].  I just saw the definition of stable on another post.  I have basic functionality most days. Although I don't feel good, I prepare my own meals, and shower even when WD symptoms are high.  I don't have great support, and am expected to perform basic chores. My biggest challenge with functionality is cognitive/executive function.  I can't read, do paperwork, do much of anything on a computer, make phone calls, or hold a conversation until the high anxiety dissipates in the evening. 

[or...]
14 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi Oregonlady,

You're scale is THAT accurate???!!!  What scale are you using??  I use the Gemini 20, recommended here.  I try to confirm the weight 3 times, similar to Adella1911, however, I'm lucky if my readings are withing .003-.007 of each other.  No way could I use for such small incremental cuts, which is why I am considering the more expensive scale.

Thank you!

So yours are .002 off from your .005?  Just want to make sure I'm understanding ;)  And how often are you calibrating?  No breeze coming from anywhere I take it?

I may have only got lucky with my teenie scale but they don't have the brand I have any longer, but I'll show you the pic of it's box, and another that I see that looks a lot like it that is still on Amazon.

I also learned to put my dose on the scale, or what I think will be my dose, and let it settle for about 15 seconds to make sure, then I'll go ahead with either trimming, or add until I get my exact number.  Sometimes I get stressed if so if it only .001 off, I'll take it, that's only like maybe once a week if at all.

I see this one looks identical, and I hadn't seen it before to show folks, but it's still on Amazon, 18 or 19 dollars: Mine was 14 or 15 dollars a year ago, but all prices have gone up sadly. It's tweezer are no good in my opinion so bought my own a couple days after I got this:

scale.jpg.87507d8db75e588cef5b49be5b840ed7.jpg

newerTL-series.JPG.dfa97c4197dda919f12f02c417a0ffc2.JPG

Edited by [or...]

[Fa...]

Hi again, @[Cy...].  Sorry I am just responding to your messages.  To receive proper feedback, it would be best to update the 'History' section of your profile.  For example, I just read through some of your past posts (since you joined one month ago) and came across some pertinent information:

1) It appears you have reduced your daily clonazepam dose from .5mg to .375 in about one month.  This is a 25% reduction in dose over the previous month, and would cause most members here to experience intensified withdrawal symptoms.  

2) Are you also on gabapentin and zoloft?  Is this accurate and are there any other medications/supplements you are taking?  What is your past history with using/discontinuing these medications and any other psychotropic medications?

In essence, my opinion would be it sounds you are 'stable enough' to not updose, but I would recommend holding for at least one month prior to making a change to your taper strategy.  If it were me in your shoes, and I were to change taper strategies (after keeping all medications/supplements stable for 1-3 months), I would follow the advise @[je...] provided regarding inquiring into the possibility of using a professionally compounded 0.1mg/ml Clonazepam Oral Suspension.

• Like 2

[Li...]

Hello @[Cy...].

@[Fa...] has made an important point about the amount of your last reduction plus has asked important questions about your current and past use of other psychoactive medications and supplements.  

I agree with him and @[je...] that investigating the use of a professionally compounded liquid would be a good option for you to consider.

While you’re waiting to stabilize from your last reduction, you may want to devote some time to finding and vetting potential compounders.  A reputable compounder will be able to answer the questions you’ve asked about bioavailability, formulations, and conversions plus tell you exactly what would be needed from your doctor in terms of a prescription.

Here’s a tool you can use to begin your search:

Find A Compounder - PCCA - Professional Compounding Centers of America
https://www.pccarx.com/Resources/FindACompounder

Be sure to check out the ‘Suggested Guidelines for Choosing a Compounding Pharmacy’ at the bottom of the above webpage.

[Ad...]

Hi @[Cy...]...You asked "Can I ask what scale you're using? I want to make sure I understand your process. You're weighing the pills in the calibrate mode? And you said you put the pill back on top of the weight...what do you mean by that? I calibrate but don't keep it in calibrate mode. When I try to weigh 3 times, I get sometimes absurdly different readings.

Thanks Adella1911!"

It's called a Think Scale. Got it from Amazon for around $20. I got the idea to use the calibration mode from a YouTube video on how to dry taper K. I figure if it's correctly registering the 50 g weight and I add my little half pill on top, it should come out to .1 or thereabouts. If it's say .112 I shave a tiny bit at a time until it's .1, and yeah, it's an afternoon project to get two weeks of .1 doses, but it's working for me.  

[je...]
16 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Thank you @[je...].  I just can't wrap my head around the math/conversions in my current state.  Is the .1 mg in the conversion the strength of the tablet, or the weight?  Assuming strength of the tablet, meaning that a .5 mg tablet would equal 5 ml. Correct?

Thanks so much!

Hi @[Cy...]

I'm not very good with liquid maths/conversions. I did not do my own maths. I'll explain to you my own limited understanding. Luckily there are very knowledgeable people on this thread, so I'm sure they'll correct me if I go wrong here (in fact, I'm relying on it!). My understanding is that the 0.1mg/ml refers to how much Clonazepam is in the suspension. So it means for every 1ml there is 0.1mg Clonazepam. 

I'm attaching a screenshot of my reductions when I got to 0.125mg and I was making 0.001mg reductions. If you see it visually it may make a bit more sense.

image.png.9463241eb29cd6cb98821b8dd564e8e2.png

The first reduction was to 0.124mg. To do that I needed to take 1.24ml. With a 1ml syringe I took 1ml of the solution and then another 0.24ml. That total equalled 0.124mg Clonazepam. Does this help?

[Cy...]
15 hours ago, [[o...] said:

o yours are .002 off from your .005?  Just want to make sure I'm understanding ;)  And how often are you calibrating?  No breeze coming from anywhere I take it?

I may have only got lucky with my teenie scale but they don't have the brand I have any longer, but I'll show you the pic of it's box, and another that I see that looks a lot like it that is still on Amazon.

I also learned to put my dose on the scale, or what I think will be my dose, and let it settle for about 15 seconds to make sure, then I'll go ahead with either trimming, or add until I get my exact number.  Sometimes I get stressed if so if it only .001 off, I'll take it, that's only like maybe once a week if at all.

I see this one looks identical, and I hadn't seen it before to show folks, but it's still on Amazon, 18 or 19 dollars: Mine was 14 or 15 dollars a year ago, but all prices have gone up sadly. It's tweezer are no good in my opinion so bought my own a couple days after I got this:

@[or...] Thanks for the photos! I checked this scale out on Amazon.  Interestingly, no US reviews, which is odd.  Appears to be a 20 gram scale, with a plastic weighing plate.  I wonder if the plastic plate, instead of metal, helps. 

There are no breezes or drafts where I am using the scale.  I moved my location, so I'm getting slightly better results, but it's still very inconsistent.  As an example, I'm currently targeting a dose of .043. I will, like you add or shave as necessary and wait a few seconds for the scale to adjust.  Once I reach the target of .043, I will take it off and reconfirm the weight. This time it may read as high as .048, or, as low as .039! If I can't confirm something within .002, I start over. Very time consuming/frustrating/stressful.  The smaller the dose, the more inconsistent.

For $18, it's probably worth trying.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

[Ad...]

I just forget about the milligrams and go completely by weight. First I weighed ten 1 mg tablets to get the average weight of one (in grams), and all three brands I have are different. Then I reduce by weight, completely ignoring the mg. You have to go either with mg or grams. That is, if you do a dry taper. Even if you mix it with the microcrystalline powder and put it in capsules, you're still dealing with weight, not mg. AND you have to figure out how much the microcrystalline powder weighs too. I haven't gotten to that point yet but there is a good explanation of how to do it in Taper Strategies. I'm kind of hoping to get the .125 tablets and just be able to weigh and cut until I walk off.

• Like 1

[or...]
8 hours ago, [[C...] said:

@[or...] Thanks for the photos! I checked this scale out on Amazon.  Interestingly, no US reviews, which is odd.  Appears to be a 20 gram scale, with a plastic weighing plate.  I wonder if the plastic plate, instead of metal, helps. 

There are no breezes or drafts where I am using the scale.  I moved my location, so I'm getting slightly better results, but it's still very inconsistent.  As an example, I'm currently targeting a dose of .043. I will, like you add or shave as necessary and wait a few seconds for the scale to adjust.  Once I reach the target of .043, I will take it off and reconfirm the weight. This time it may read as high as .048, or, as low as .039! If I can't confirm something within .002, I start over. Very time consuming/frustrating/stressful.  The smaller the dose, the more inconsistent.

For $18, it's probably worth trying.  Thanks again!

It's possible you got one that was beat up in shipping, I never count on anything until I try it out when buying.  Amazon is very good with returns, if you have any trouble, I have an email that does the trick helping out.

I admit maybe I'm unconventional about this whole weighing thing, but first, I found the tray was a pain, so I weight "flat out" on the scale itself.  I know "about" the size of my dose so I start with that.  Once the scale hits my number, which practice makes "near" perfect ;) I let it set for like you say, a few seconds.

When it stays on my dose I'm to take, I turn the scale off and take my dose.  I've learned not to be so ocd about it, and it's working fine not to think too much about it.  Very different when it's off .002 or more though, I won't deal with that.  I don't have to calibrate mine but maybe every few days.

There's a lot of opinions I'm sure about how I do things, but for me it's working with so few wd sxs.  You do what is good for you, something you feel secure with.  You may end up with a unique way, but it will be yours by taking all your suggestions by others, and finding your way ;) oregonlady :hug:PS Don't forget to keep the boxe, package for the scale if you buy one from Amazon.  You can get your money back if it isn't for you :)

[or...]
1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

I just forget about the milligrams and go completely by weight. First I weighed ten 1 mg tablets to get the average weight of one (in grams), and all three brands I have are different. Then I reduce by weight, completely ignoring the mg. You have to go either with mg or grams. That is, if you do a dry taper. Even if you mix it with the microcrystalline powder and put it in capsules, you're still dealing with weight, not mg. AND you have to figure out how much the microcrystalline powder weighs too. I haven't gotten to that point yet but there is a good explanation of how to do it in Taper Strategies. I'm kind of hoping to get the .125 tablets and just be able to weigh and cut until I walk off.

hi Adella, and @[Cy...], you did yours the same way I as taught, by the average weight of 10 TEVA Clonazepam.  I started off by doing grams as well, and just stuck with that.  It just worked the easiest for my poor brain ;) as well as my taper.

I've checked at our pharmacy for doses in mg, for what they have .5 mg C, and darned if I can remember if they have the .25 mg, but I'll check again before I get that low.

I just want to add the reason I decided against changing my Clonazepam Tablets for any other type of tapering.  I really wanted the DLMT, Daily liquid micro taper, with a Liquid prescription, but I read a lot about changing "types" of benzos, and "types" of tapers and just felt most secure with my tablets.  Too many, for my tastes, having issues when changing up their type of tapers, and different benzos.

I'm 71 and maybe just not as bold about trying something new ;)  Usually, the best thing I've found when I've had more wd sxs that I think I can stand, holding a bit longer fixed that.  That's not to say I wouldn't change gears when I get into lower doses as I hear those can be tougher, but we'll see.  I plan to be around to keep sharing my journey, oregonlady :hug:

PS I do continue to change out my single-edged razor blades, and my little note-cards regularly, and making sure my scale and other tools are kept clean.  The note-cards are handy to fold in half to do my cuts on.

Edited by [or...]

[or...]

I just didn't my second day of .093g weight of C dose, thought I'd put a couple pics.  I happened to have some issues, with standing up to take photos so the scale misbehaved ;)  But I just shot the first pic, and recalibrated the scale.  Then shaved until I got it to .093 g.  The scale is super sensitive, is my main point ;)

I know the .093 looks like more, but I had to trim the smallest piece and it got crumbly.  Anyway, like I mentioned, if the weight stays the same for I'd say at least 10 sec., then I'm comfy with that.  Some won't be comfy with it, but the main thing for me, is I'm lowering my dose.  I don't need the anxiety of worrying about a teenie difference because I never heard anyone say there's anything perfect about scales ;)

Also, I am sure I'll be around to share things about all this when I get into the lower doses that are said, can be, a bit harder :)  All this practice is preparing me for that time though, I believe, oregonlady :hug:

step 1.jpg

step 2.jpg

[Ad...]

@[Cy...] and @[or...]...it's weird how sometimes a much smaller piece can weigh the same as a larger one. I have all different sizes of .1 g pieces, but they all weigh .1 g.

Clonazepam is available here in .25 and .125, but they are oral dissolving tablets. My insurance doesn't cover them for some reason, and I'm not sure how well they'll shave, but I will probably spend the money and get them when I get to that point just to see. The .5 mg are the regular type.

• Like 1