Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep and Pain

[Bu...]

[ns...]
3 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Wow, @[...]!  I am so impressed!  I have trouble even getting a walk in somedays.  And running in the forest seems lovely, peaceful and quiet.

I'm sorry about the issues in you local forum.  That sounds very upsetting, to have people arguing so aggressively. Hopefully everyone will calm down soon. :hug:

I have been thinking about all the things contributing to my lack of sleep and I think they fall into 3 main categories:  pain keeping me awake, my brain just not "shutting off", and some rls and other movement issues.  I think the brain not shutting off might be the most frustrating because I lay there thinking "nothing hurts, so why am I not sleeping?!?  I guess it will all sort itself out eventually

When I do sleep well, which for me is about 7 hours (broken or not) I feel pretty well the rest of the day.  So, I guess sleep is my worst issue, in that everything else is so much more manageable when I'm not tired.

Hey @[sh...],  I'm glad you had a good night!  Mine wasn't too bad, either.  It is a lovely day here today so I think I'll go for a walk soon.  Everything looks so much better and is so much easier to manage with some sleep.  I'll be hoping and praying for another good one for you tonight.❤ 

Hey @[ns...], So glad to hear about the muffin!  That's wonderful!  Maybe try another one in a few days?  I think those little joys and moments of normality are the things that keep us going through this.  And congrats on getting through the store, I know it's hard, so you should be very proud! :balloon:

Hey its tempting to have another muffin 😋,  but I know from experience these little guilty pleasures only prove to be a one off and I regretted it 2 yrs ago but who knows, hubby keeps bringing me yummiest like that I might have to have another. Gotta tell him to stop!!! Lol

Yep going back to the store after the snow storm passes. Got some shoes and my feet shrunk along with the rest of me, what's up with that? I have one pair of shoes that fit me now and it's freezing. I miss my boots! All my clothes are too big, hubby actually had to go buy me some boys boxer shorts last yr, lol. I can't fit into anything right now, they're all too big!

Never thought my feet would shrink though!

What a trip this is for us all!

:classic_huh:

@[Bu...], my running isn't always that peaceful, sometimes very painful in fact but i'm used to it, kind of habit) You know i've quit my local forum for a while, can't bear it right now( just in touch with a few people of my mindset from there.

I totally agree with you over your 3 reasons for bad nights, same for me. Pain is the worst but, luckily, it's hardly ever that strong. Mostly the inability of"shutting off" too. I usually count whatever i can - english adjectives, countries etc It helps a bit) I like the idea of our brain sorting it out by itself, i can't help my brain here now. Hope it's clever enough to succeed on its own) I know lots of people with insomnia as their worst sx. I think, in some cases, it's not bad sleep itself but the fear close to panic about it, which prevents from sleeping well. It's just an idea of mine.

Good morning to you!( Hope you spent the night well having restful dreams!) I slept well but... feel much worse than yesterday. A day of pain( Still nothing new in this department. Waiting for better tomorrow)

Have a nice day!):balloon:

Edited by [...]