Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep and Pain

[Bu...]

5 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[...]

You can defiantly do that.  I am still learning about it, too.  But I am fairly certain it is the cause of many issues I've had over the years.  Let me know if you start a thread.

Yes, i think i will one day. Sure i'll invite you with my pleasure🙂And just for now, do you think it has anything to do with kindling: If i took a benzo for a year, don't remember which one, stopped abruptly and didn't care much; then a few years later, took clonazepam for a few months, stopped and, also didn't care; and then a few more years later i started benzo once again, took for 5 years daily but this time i have been feeling out everything to the fullest?

Edited by [...]

@[...],

I think I wrote that about 11pm or 12am my time.  Yeah, a bit of a rough night, but not the worst.  

About kindling, I think that might be part of what's affecting you, too.  Completely stopping for a fairly long time period and then restarting is the definition of kindling.  Here's a good link explaining it:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/kindling/

I do think this is why my insomnia started and why it is still so bad.  

• Like 1

[ns...]
45 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[...],

I think I wrote that about 11pm or 12am my time.  Yeah, a bit of a rough night, but not the worst.  

About kindling, I think that might be part of what's affecting you, too.  Completely stopping for a fairly long time period and then restarting is the definition of kindling.  Here's a good link explaining it:

Hi guys, BurnTheShips,  just read the link on kindling. This must be what happened to me! I was force's off, then off and on had a few here and there from er and one doctor but short term use, then back to my regular dose 3 yrs from the beginning of withdrawal. This really does seem to explain everything I'm dealing with.

Glad u added this link. I've seen info on kindling before but it didn't go this much into detail. As I've read many posts, it seems thar there are many here who are kindling and that is tragic! Sounds you and Kate are also going thru this, I'm so sorry, I didn't know!

:hug:

• Like 1

[Bu...]

@[ns...],

I think there are many of us affected by this and may not even know.  I didn't until I found this site.  Then I remembered one instance and then a couple months later, someone else mentioned a drug that I didn't know was a benzo, that I also took.  So, that is two instances of kindling about 14 years ago for me.  I really do think this is why my insomnia is so very bad.  

[ns...]
Just now, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

I think there are many of us affected by this and may not even know.  I didn't until I found this site.  Then I remembered one instance and then a couple months later, someone else mentioned a drug that I didn't know was a benzo, that I also took.  So, that is two instances of kindling about 14 years ago for me.  I really do think this is why my insomnia is so very bad.  

BurnTheShips, yes I agree. I had no idea you and Kate were going thru so much and I'm so sorry. I just read your response on another thread. It could still be an allergy, because I'm so sensitive to everything including all meds and vit, supplements. That happened after my first fast withdrawal. It could also be what's happening with u. You took Claritin for yrs then it was discontinued then it came back and you couldn't take it anymore. Sounds like me. 

Kindling sounds so very nasty and my symptoms are similar. I am so hopeful that I'm not nor you and Kate are Kindling. I don't want that to be so.

I'll be in prayer for all of us.

Ns:hug:

[Bu...]

@[ns...],

The Clarinex was an allergy or intolerance.  The day I stopped taking it, I was fine.  And no tapering required.  But the benzo stuff, I'm fairly certain is kindling. :(   I fit the definition exactly.  But, this too shall pass.  And sleep shall come again. :) 

• Like 1

[ns...]
Just now, [[n...] said:

BurnTheShips, yes I agree. I had no idea you and Kate were going thru so much and I'm so sorry. I just read your response on another thread. It could still be an allergy, because I'm so sensitive to everything including all meds and vit, supplements. That happened after my first fast withdrawal. It could also be what's happening with u. You took Claritin for yrs then it was discontinued then it came back and you couldn't take it anymore. Sounds like me. 

Kindling sounds so very nasty and my symptoms are similar. I am so hopeful that I'm not nor you and Kate are Kindling. I don't want that to be so.

I'll be in prayer for all of us.

Ns:hug:

Did u ever take an ssri? I was on celexa for yrs. Given to me after a hysterectomy when I could take hormones. Such a mistake, and didn't go off until almost 4 yrs ago which blee into my forced taper of lorazapam, so a double hit to my system and is probably why symptoms are so bad. But I'm going back to thar article "what happens to my brain" that brighterday posted and re energize! It was hopefully and I think we all need that right now!

Bless God, I think he put there for a good reason! Thank u lord!

:smitten:

[ns...]
Just now, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

The Clarinex was an allergy or intolerance.  The day I stopped taking it, I was fine.  And no tapering required.  But the benzo stuff, I'm fairly certain is kindling. :(   I fit the definition exactly.  But, this too shall pass.  And sleep shall come again. :) 

That's right ! You go girl! 

This too shall pass, I like that!

:classic_smile:

8 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[...],

Thank you BurnTheShips so much! I'll read. The idea of kindling is absolutely new to me and the forum i'm from.

Sorry for your previous rough night( Do you feel much worse the next day after such night? Any pain or it doesn't matter? And what about this night? No jackhammers?) For me, the next day is usually ok, just a bit rough in the morning. But I tend to feel worse after a deep long sleep. Everything is painful, especially my head. No sens but it is. So i'm really scared of sleeping well.

Good day to you and my congratulations to you and everyone on the first spring day🌷

[sh...]

Hi all, I am so sorry you have to suffer too!

My sleep is still bery bad too 🥺it improved from 0-2 to 3-5 hours. Always broken. I am also in a lot of muscles and nerves pain. Mainly in my hands, arms and sometimes feet and legs. I like the thought of the nerves are about to get online again! And I am sure that one day they will be wired properly again…. 🙏

I was also kindled many times and I also think this is the main reason for our far to long suffering.. 

Does someone also think that the pain is getting worse? I am not quite sure if it is only an perception or if it is because I am so tired of the whole process or is it just the waking up of new nerves !???

Sorry englisch isn’t my mother tongue either 🙈

I wish everyone a good and swift healing 🍀it could be just round the corner 🙏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [[s...] said:

Hi all, I am so sorry you have to suffer too!

My sleep is still bery bad too 🥺it improved from 0-2 to 3-5 hours. Always broken. I am also in a lot of muscles and nerves pain. Mainly in my hands, arms and sometimes feet and legs. I like the thought of the nerves are about to get online again! And I am sure that one day they will be wired properly again…. 🙏

I was also kindled many times and I also think this is the main reason for our far to long suffering.. 

Does someone also think that the pain is getting worse? I am not quite sure if it is only an perception or if it is because I am so tired of the whole process or is it just the waking up of new nerves !???

Sorry englisch isn’t my mother tongue either 🙈

I wish everyone a good and swift healing 🍀it could be just round the corner 🙏

@[sh...], my pain walks all around the body and it hurts in the new parts, at least, the same as in the beginning. Sometimes i think even worse. I don't know how but i seem to be able to live with it now and even enjoy myself. I guess the psycho part of the pain left me and the rest is easier to cope with. I very much like the idea of nerves getting online) I'm sure it is the case. And yes, we're all tired, some of us more than others🥺 I do hope the wonderful day we turn round the coner is somewhere close by!)

Thank you for the wishing. They're always so kind and warm. Hope your sleep will get better and better and NO pain!!!)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Thank you so much for the good wishes too :smitten:

I am happy for you that you can enjoy life despite the pain 😃

Some days I can to a certain amount too but when the agitation and the anxiety also hits it is not possible. Today is such an awful day 🥺 well I hope tomorrow is going to be better again 🙏

Good luck to everyone 🍀🍀🍀I

So sorry for you:-\. These bad days... But i always know, when i have one...or two that tomorrow is going to be better even if i don't happen to sleep well. Hope it'll also work this way for you. Good luck to you and everyone reading too!)

Edited by [...]
  • Love 1

[ns...]

Yeah, I had 3 hours sleep, woke up, back to sleep for another 3 hrs!

It's been so long. I'm still tired but I'll take it when I can get it!

Prayers for everyone needing sleep!

Ns:smitten:

• Like 2

[Bu...]
18 hours ago, [[s...] said:

Hey @[sh...],

I'm sorry you are suffering with this, too.  It is miserable!  And I wonder about this too.  I am hoping that it only seems this way because I am so very tired.  On the days that I get enough sleep, I doesn't seem so bad, so maybe this is true. :) 

You speak excellent English, too!  And I hope you heal swiftly as well! ❤

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

@[...]

I always feel awful after those nights.  But at least I am able to nap a bit.  After the nap I usually feel better, but then there isn't much of the day left.  It seems like all I do is fight to get enough sleep just to do the minimum.  😔

I'm sorry that you feel worse after a long sleep.  That sounds, miserable too.  You're scared of sleeping too well and I'm scared of not sleeping enough!  What a pair we are! :hug:

Finally no jackhammer today!  They put up two of the three levels of stairs, so hopefully that whole thing will be finished on Monday.  I must admit, it really does look a lot nicer.

Well, I imagine you'll be up soon.  I hope you had a good night.  And happy spring to you, too! 🌸

Thank you, @[Bu...]) I'm up and even have already run in the forest. Good night to you and all your part of the world!) May the night be peaceful and painless::))

I've run out of "likes" once again) never too many...

And, yes) the future is still great and painless but cloudy today🌨️)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

[sh...]
4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[sh...],

I'm sorry you are suffering with this, too.  It is miserable!  And I wonder about this too.  I am hoping that it only seems this way because I am so very tired.  On the days that I get enough sleep, I doesn't seem so bad, so maybe this is true. :) 

You speak excellent English, too!  And I hope you heal swiftly as well! ❤

Hi BurnTheShips, thank youfor the good wishes ❤️ hope you had a good night!? Mine was quite good. Although the pain level was quite high, I got about 6 hours of sleep 😊therefore the pain and the day is much easier to manage…

I wish you and everyone a decent day 🍀❣️

• Like 2

Hi everyone concerned with sleep and pain and i think it means almost all of us( 

I slept very little today, about 3 hours but nonstop. Feel ok as usual when it happens. Fear what is in store for tomorrow. It's so strange to be afraid of good sleeping. And i slept poorly bc yesterday we were kinda fighting on my local forum... Some seemingly clever people there can't accept the idea that benzos long term are the worst decision ever... They say the withdrawal is really dangerous and it's ok to take benzo all life long... And they put it so aggressively... Was really frustrated and disappointed. Sorry for a bit of off top but need to let the steam out🥺

@[ns...], "but I'll take it when I can get it! - like this very much!) Hope you've slept well and not so awfully tired.

@[Bu...], yes) it'd do us a lot of good if we shared our "sleep needs") Good sleep and no pain anticipating... Hope one night it will come. How  have you slept? Sleep seems to be the most important thing for you now. 

@[sh...], 6 hours of sleep! As for me it sounds great. I never need more during the wd. Are you feeling better today? Hope you are and wait for your awesome picts as usual) They are really therapeutic)

Good day and good night to everyone!)

2 hours ago, [[s...] said:

I am sorry that you only got 3 hours of sleep 🥺 I am the same when I have had a night with little sleep I get very afraid to the next night…

Yes it’s great sleeping for 6 hours 😊it was broken twice but still once it was 3 hours in a row! If only it would adjust for good 🙏 I am in nerve pain today but it is so much easier to handle it because of the sleep last night. 

In my opinion staying on benzos for the whole life is a very dangerous, bad decision…

I am happy that my pictures have a therapeutic effect 😃🍀

@[sh...], i hope and believe you must be really close to the magical corner and about to turn round it in no time,🙏🏻!

Nerve pain, where? What part of your body is most affected? And how do you manage to sleep well-+ when pain is strong as it was last night?

Thank you for your opinion. It's important for me to know what other people straggling with the wd think about the problem. Sure i think exactly the same, but benzo wd is extremely tough on us and people are just petrified and afraid to make a step...and argue aggressively holding on to some chimera(

Have one more good night tonight!) Hope it will soon be the case about every each night :sleepy:

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[ns...]
14 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[...]

I always feel awful after those nights.  But at least I am able to nap a bit.  After the nap I usually feel better, but then there isn't much of the day left.  It seems like all I do is fight to get enough sleep just to do the minimum.  😔

I'm sorry that you feel worse after a long sleep.  That sounds, miserable too.  You're scared of sleeping too well and I'm scared of not sleeping:hug: enough!  What a pair we are! :hug:

Finally no jackhammer today!  They put up two of the three levels of stairs, so hopefully that whole thing will be finished on Monday.  I must admit, it really does look a lot nicer.

Well, I imagine you'll be up soon.  I hope you had a good night.  And happy spring to you, too! 🌸

BurnTheShips, glad to hear the jackhammer is gone! Hope youre able to get a good nap today! Kate,sorry to hear you have such nerve pain and lack if sleep. Seems we are all having this. 

I was able to get 2 night at almost 6 hrs broken sleep but 6 hrs is great for me. It's been a long time since I've slept that good. 

I had a chocolate muffin yesterday! The first real bit of sugar anything I've had in a few yrs. It was delicious and didn't bother me. I know I better not have another, that was a treat for sure but not going to push it! I felt somewhat normal for eating that, not even a bit guilty either, lol. idk why, but some how having that treat gave so much encouragement. I'm sure it was a one off but I'll take it.

Also went to town yesterday and made it thru the store and check stand, it was rough for sure but I made it thru. 

Each day is a blessing and I'm realizing to take it one day at a time!

Bless u both

Ns :hug:

Edited by [ns...]
Correction
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

Kate, thank you so much for your kind words and wishing me well :smitten:the same to you 🙏🍀!!!

My nerve pain is very bad in my right hand and arm where I had a wrist surgery 21 years ago. It seems to hit our weak spots 🥺But also my left hand and arm are in pain and sometimes my feet and lower legs, seldom knees and upper legs. And once in a while I get headaches and migraines. 

I don’t know how I manage to get some sleep while being in so much pain. Okay when I am on a 10 I have no chance but when it goes down to 5 I manage somehow but only for a short time… There are nights I have only little pain but suffer from RLS and Zaps 🙈we never know, right!? Hope keeps me alive… hope that one day my hypersensitive nervous system will calm down and I can go on with my life 🙏

I wish you and everyone a good night or day 🍀

Shamrock, yes certainly the wd hits our weakest points first and, i think, the longest but not forever. As for the rest, i think i know what you mean. I have it all too but, luckily, not all at once. Right now my legs are extremely tense as if i strained all the muscles there but can't undo it back. The hardest at nights. And i MANAGE to sleep with the stony iron legs. Unbelievable...and yet)

You know when i read your messages i get calmer. I see you are suffering too but there is no hopelessness in it. Don't know how to explain. I've noticed many people here are really strong kind and just good. I so much long for healing for everyone here!) And sure we will:balloon:

• Like 2