Important Survey - Please Participate ×

When Does the Depression Begin to Lift

[Kh...]

Khun Kit: For lack of a better answer everyone's different. Take it one day at a time. Try to keep pushing forward and take something else as an absolute last resort. If it gets too crazy talk to others here. Forget the doctors.

The headaches are intense wtf.  I took ambien in the plane to sleep I am sure this is having a negative impact as well.  Home now and can’t sleep. Just cradling my head in agony.  Hope they let up soon ugh 😩 

Khun Kit: I'm sure putting Ambien in the mix didn't help anything long term. Since I did a Cold Turkey there are others here that may be able to offer better advice than me on the next move for you. As far as sleeping Melatonin has been a lifesaver. L-theanine also helps to take the edge off the anxiety without much sedation. Talk to people here not the doctor. Take that for what's it worth. Much healing.

@[Kh...]The only medication that worked for me personally is a third/half of a paracetamol 500 mg tablet. Everything, even supplements revved up my system. Tried antihistamines and melatonin, these made me very drowsy. 8 months later still I don't tolerate anything. 

Besides this, cooling might help with a wet towel for the headache. 

I would pass on the other meds or supplements. There is a wide range of pills without a prescription, OC, these mostly loose effect, don't work or make me really drowsy. Search the Forum before trying anything new, and remember these mostly not suited for daily use. 

Edited by [Re...]

39 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Kh...]The only medication that worked for me personally is a third/half of a paracetamol 500 mg tablet. Everything, even supplements revved up my system. Tried antihistamines and melatonin, these made me very drowsy. 8 months later still I don't tolerate anything. 

Besides this, cooling might help with a wet towel for the headache. 

I would pass on the other meds or supplements. There is a wide range of pills without a prescription, OC, these mostly loose effect, don't work or make me really drowsy. Search the Forum before trying anything new, and remember these mostly not suited for daily use. 

Would updosing or reinstating valium at some level help or work?  I am dying with major headaches Tylenol did nothing.  Or just wait it out. Can headaches last for days? 

Edited by [Kh...]

I think I jumped too soon.  Can’t sleep major headaches   I spent almost one month  going from 1 mg to .5 to .25 mg seemed ok but now I feel horrible. 

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Khun Kit: I'm sure putting Ambien in the mix didn't help anything long term. Since I did a Cold Turkey there are others here that may be able to offer better advice than me on the next move for you. As far as sleeping Melatonin has been a lifesaver. L-theanine also helps to take the edge off the anxiety without much sedation. Talk to people here not the doctor. Take that for what's it worth. Much healing.

Thanks the funny thing is anxiety never came back.  Just physical symptoms like headaches and ear pressure and pain…don’t know what to do..up dose maybe I don’t know 

Khun Kit: Anxiety will come and go with a 100 other symptoms. It's really a matter of your tolerance level for the symptoms that will answer the up dose question. Keep talking to people here to make an educated decision. Every persons experience is somewhat different. The cure is your body re-learning to live without these drugs and it's not easy. 

12 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Khun Kit: Anxiety will come and go with a 100 other symptoms. It's really a matter of your tolerance level for the symptoms that will answer the up dose question. Keep talking to people here to make an educated decision. Every persons experience is somewhat different. The cure is your body re-learning to live without these drugs and it's not easy. 

At this moment I would do anything to stop the headaches.  Tylenol just isn’t working 

@[Kh...]Noone really knows how long it would last, many people wish they could tell. You have a chance to reinstate and taper slower. You are very early out, so I guess it might help. 

23 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Kh...]Noone really knows how long it would last, many people wish they could tell. You have a chance to reinstate and taper slower. You are very early out, so I guess it might help. 

So afraid to take Valium at higher dose ugh

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

This is a wise post.

@[Kh...]I can’t say anything positive about Valium. If I could turn back time I would have never crossed over to it from Xanax to taper. For me, I could never put it in my mouth again. Thank goodness you have no chemical anxiety or fear. Its amazing how different we all are.

Edited by [wi...]

widesky: Actually I have been dealing with both since day one CT. Fear is my biggest issue right now along with digestive problems. But both are somewhat manageable at this point. Still a big distance to total healing. Every day is a day behind and I just keep fighting. Being retired was in some ways a huge advantage because on really bad days I just laid low. Still have major muscle and joint pain and weakness. After 20 months the battle is still on but I have gained some ground!

20 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

After 20 months the battle is still on but I have gained some ground!

So good to hear this @[Pi...], I really need to be reassured.... 

Edited by [Re...]

25 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

This is a wise post.

@[Kh...]I can’t say anything positive about Valium. If I could turn back time I would have never crossed over to it from Xanax to taper. For me, I could never put it in my mouth again. Thank goodness you have no chemical anxiety or fear. Its amazing how different we all are.

Yea was wondering about Valium crossover.  I have Xanax in my inventory if I want to Updose….just don’t know if I should if headache would just subside even a little..24 hours now basically…

17 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

widesky: Actually I have been dealing with both since day one CT. Fear is my biggest issue right now along with digestive problems. But both are somewhat manageable at this point. Still a big distance to total healing. Every day is a day behind and I just keep fighting. Being retired was in some ways a huge advantage because on really bad days I just laid low. Still have major muscle and joint pain and weakness. After 20 months the battle is still on but I have gained some ground!

I only had the anxiety when I reached tolerance on Xanax…then I had the internal buzzing chest tightness, general anxiety.  Once I started on a good taper and crossed over those symptoms went away.  Just being off for a couple days and I am freaking out already.  That said how would the prior doses of .25 or .5 mg would have had any therapeutic effect is beyond me.  Assume there is still Valium in my blood and it’s diminishing which is causing most recent symptoms..

@[Kh...] yes, the Valium take a longggg time to leave your body. That’s one of the things I hated about it, besides major depression.

The effects can last a long time. Hopefully they won’t for you. 

I believe it stays in the fat tissue a while also. That’s what my experience felt like.

1 minute ago, [[w...] said:

@[Kh...] yes, the Valium take a longggg time to leave your body. That’s one of the things I hated about it, besides major depression.

The effects can last a long time. Hopefully they won’t for you. 

I believe it stays in the fat tissue a while also. That’s what my experience felt like.

Yes depressed and drs wanted to put me on lexapro. I declined 

Khun Kit: Went through this in the beginning. If you take more meds symptoms will subside. Been there done that. I feel there is no way out of this without symptoms at some level because your body has to put things back in place. Again it goes back to what is tolerable for you. Keeping things totally tolerable is not helping you long term. You have to find that balance point. I grew up in a city environment getting beat up at times in the school yard during recess and no cell phone to bail me out. I guess that's what gave me the strength to Cold Turkey. :boxer:

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Khun Kit: Went through this in the beginning. If you take more meds symptoms will subside. Been there done that. I feel there is no way out of this without symptoms at some level because your body has to put things back in place. Again it goes back to what is tolerable for you. Keeping things totally tolerable is not helping you long term. You have to find that balance point. I grew up in a city environment getting beat up at times in the school yard during recess and no cell phone to bail me out. I guess that's what gave me the strength to Cold Turkey. :boxer:

So u think 2 mg or such of Valium would/could be helpful?  I just feel so scared to go back after careful taper ..good on you toughing it out.  I feel like a wimp cuz I can’t take the pain 

Edited by [Kh...]

I’m afraid it wouldn’t be a one time thing I would be right back on a taper schedule 

widesky: The fat soluable thing is absolutely correct!! That's why exercise causes symptoms because when you burn off fat cells the stored poisons get pushed back into your bloodstream. The good news is that this actually cleanses your system. Had an old time nurse explain this to me. 

Khun Kit: You have to force the issue a bit. Light exercise will help to clear your head even if you feel like you're  going to die. Don't overdo it or it will set you back. Have to run guys. Keep up the good fight.

• Like 1

@[Kh...] you are far from being a wimp! 
we’re all different with different strengths and weaknesses. 

I admire pinster too, he’s wise and full of determination but we are all different and I’m sure he can tell you at times he’s felt defeated and weak. We are also constantly shifting day to day, each one of us has a life behind what we see here in these brief snapshots on a forum.

I’m just wanting to encourage you that you are not a weakling. You pretty awesome from what I’ve seen.

• Like 2