Important Survey - Please Participate ×

When Does the Depression Begin to Lift

[Kh...]

I would agree that your taper was way too fast, for some the Ashton method is, too. I did a 3 month taper and I crashed terribly, bad idea. And yes, it is the Xanax + Valium. 

Have you considered reinstatement? What was your last stable dose? If you are truly in a bad place and it is extremely insufferable, it may be an option. 

You will recover from this, that is for sure!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

I would agree that your taper was way too fast, for some the Ashton method is, too. I did a 3 month taper and I crashed terribly, bad idea. And yes, it is the Xanax + Valium. 

Have you considered reinstatement? What was your last stable dose? If you are truly in a bad place and it is extremely insufferable, it may be an option. 

I don’t remember..I was “stable” the entire way except for the ear issues.  I can’t imagine reinstating will solve ear issues..maybe help with depression but then I would have to go thru this again.  I seem to have no choice but to ride this out let’s see…gonna use some ambien here and there if I have sleep issues. I have a 20 hour plane ride coming up…ugh

Edited by [Kh...]

22 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Gosh I hope u are right there is zero light at the end of the tunnel now..

• Wow 1

On 03/02/2024 at 06:11, [[K...] said:

Thanks… but my tinnitus is driving me mad.  I will be off the drug soon but this does not seem to matter as being drug free does not equal recovered.  Struggling immensely with loud ringing.  No other symptoms…other than depression but if the ringing went away I am pretty sure I would be in a better place. Headed to audiologist in in 3 weeks if I can survive that long. 

I have that too. It wakes me up in the morning. I got kinda use to it. I'm four months off. It's  a high pitch sound with some white noise involved. 

2 hours ago, [[K...] said:

gonna use some ambien here and there if I have sleep issues. I have a 20 hour plane ride coming up…ugh

Good luck on your trip, @[Kh...]! Wow, you have the spirit! :thumbsup:I Hope you can sleep without ambien. People have different experiences with that during withdrawal (it acts the same as a Benzo).

Edited by [Re...]

34 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Good luck on your trip, @[Kh...]! Wow, you have the spirit! :thumbsup:I Hope you can sleep without ambien. People have different experiences with that during during withdrawal (it acts the same as a Benzo).

Yes I am told that  but Paych also told me it they act on different GABA receptors  she tells me we have 4 and Benzo act on 2 of them    And the ambien acts on the others   No idea if this is true?

On 06/02/2024 at 12:32, [[R...] said:

Oh I think it is okay to vent from time to time (between certain boundaries)!

My Dad has tinnitus and I have it since post jump, it is really bothersome and I really see why you are upset, but for you and me it will eventually dissipate with time. I would search this site what people do against tinnitus, some people use white noise machine or certain apps. I watch series, or podcasts, these help a lot with the perceived sensation. It is not worth taking meds (may rev one up), I think, it really should be an upward process if it is benzo related . /I watch Better Call Saul now/8)

I am having a more difficult time lately, as many others mainly in the morning. I have practically zero stress tolerance, heart is pounding for no reason, have agoraphobia still, nausea and head pressure. I am 8 months off, but I have had some better times, really. I still think I will be forever thankful for BBs, I don't know what I would do without the information I got here, seriously. 

Hang in there, @[Kh...]! The uncertainty in this thing is the most difficult, I know. But we are getting there, I promise! 

Have you seen the follow up movie on breaking bad? I watched it yesterday and it was brilliant! It's mostly on Jesse Pinkman.

If you haven't watch it!

@[Kh...]I think both work on GABA A R-s. :thumbsup: Important thing is that you feel OK and not worse, and continue your recovery. That is our focus.

@[ne...] I have been thinking about watching that movie, but slipped my mind recently. Thanks for reminding me 😎

• Like 1

Shit haven’t felt this bad ever   And have to get in a plane in 10 hours for 20 hour journey   Wow this sucks 

IMO, there is no such thing as a "small dose" of a Benzo.  Over the years of being on this forum, I've seen a lot of buddies post that they got an "unfair withdrawal" experience because they were not on as much of a dose or for as long as the other person that didn't seem to suffer as bad in their withdrawal?  All Benzos down regulate GABA receptors.  Since everyone is unique, Benzos can cause the same sort of symptoms and withdrawal at .5mg for one person and 3mg or more for the next person.  Peace!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

IMO, there is no such thing as a "small dose" of a Benzo.  Over the years of being on this forum, I've seen a lot of buddies post that they got an "unfair withdrawal" experience because they were not on as much of a dose or for as long as the other person that didn't seem to suffer as bad in their withdrawal?  All Benzos down regulate GABA receptors.  Since everyone is unique, Benzos can cause the same sort of symptoms and withdrawal at .5mg for one person and 3mg or more for the next person.  Peace!

Thanks for message   Understand  it’s just I am having such a hard time and I must travel and feeling so poorly  

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

it’s just I am having such a hard time and I must travel and feeling so poorly  

I totally get it @[Kh...], I wish I could do more than writing some words to comfort you.

I had to travel 10 hours or more during my acute period, that means sitting in a car. It was extremely difficult but managed it somehow (I didn't drive). 

I used diphenhydramine (only a half, I couldn't take more) to help with nausea and calm myself.

On 29/01/2024 at 15:06, [[T...] said:

Unfortunately it doesn't matter when your psych says the drugs will be out of your system.  The damage has already been done to your GABA receptors regardless of when the drugs are "out of your system," and they need time to heal.  I went to 4 ER doctor and 2 psychologists over a 6 week period and 5 of the 6 said "the drugs are out of your system, so they can't be causing your symptoms."  However, the EXACT OPPOSITE is true. No one knows how much time you'll need, but you seem to be in a better place than most people at this point in your healing and recovery journey?  How much were you on and for how long?  I did not taper, but did a CT so I don't have any experience tapering, but 16 weeks seems very fast considering Ashton recommends cutting 5 to 10% of your current dose every 2 weeks or so. 

That's the million dollar question, when will I feel better?  No one can answer that with any sort of accuracy, but Ashton says 6-12 months for most symptoms and but many see significant relief around month 18.  That doesn't mean you suffer for 6, 12 or 18 months then symptoms disappear overnight.  It's a very nonlinear, slow gradual process that is a roller coaster ride.  It seems like 1 step forward then 3 steps back at times.  Symptoms and intensity wax and wane.  Some symptoms might disappear only to have new symptoms appear.  Eventually they fade and end given enough time.   

I guess the reason for those emotions is that during tapering or once off Cortisol goes skyrocketing till it stabilises back down . High Cortisol is known to deplete serotonin (happy peace of mind feeling, no ocd) and dopamine (motivation and interest in life) 

During my windows , I felt happy and motivated so all feelings will.come back 

Khun Kit This is totally normal. I have suffered a lot since my Cold Turkey 20 months ago. For most of us there is no easy way out sorry to say. I really used very little of this drug. Very intermittent for sleep mostly when traveling. It's pure poison plain and simple. Being retired and old a lot of days I just did very little. I have improved but not normal yet maybe 60%. Beware of taking more drugs that will possibly mask symptoms and create more problems. Most doctors have no idea what is really going on or they probably would not have given you the pill in the first place. Many will misdiagnose withdrawal as another mental illness and compound your problems. Your body has to heal and is damaged. I've tried every suggestion out there. Seems time is the only real cure.

16 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Khun Kit This is totally normal. I have suffered a lot since my Cold Turkey 20 months ago. For most of us there is no easy way out sorry to say. I really used very little of this drug. Very intermittent for sleep mostly when traveling. It's pure poison plain and simple. Being retired and old a lot of days I just did very little. I have improved but not normal yet maybe 60%. Beware of taking more drugs that will possibly mask symptoms and create more problems. Most doctors have no idea what is really going on or they probably would not have given you the pill in the first place. Many will misdiagnose withdrawal as another mental illness and compound your problems. Your body has to heal and is damaged. I've tried every suggestion out there. Seems time is the only real cure.

Thanks for the input   Hoping to feel a little better each day although I understand it doesn’t work this way either    But siting in airport for 7 hour flight connecting to 12 hour flight  I will be happy when home and in bed   NO major headaches this morning so that’s good  just the ear isssues that have bothered me throughout  don’t really understand how folks find their way thru this 

Edited by [Kh...]

Khun Kit: Best advice I can give from experience is try to tough it out and don't let the doctor suggest another drug to "cure" you. Time is the cure. The fact that you can even sit in an airport is amazing! Headaches and all kinds of crazy symptoms are normal. Every time I experience something new I don't even panic anymore. I laugh and thing another withdrawal symptom and more surprises will come. We are all walking miracles that our bodies can even recover from this. Stay focused on that. Much healing. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Khun Kit: Best advice I can give from experience is try to tough it out and don't let the doctor suggest another drug to "cure" you. Time is the cure. The fact that you can even sit in an airport is amazing! Headaches and all kinds of crazy symptoms are normal. Every time I experience something new I don't even panic anymore. I laugh and thing another withdrawal symptom and more surprises will come. We are all walking miracles that our bodies can even recover from this. Stay focused on that. Much healing. 

Thank you   Waiting for a miracle for sure 🙏🙏  

5 hours ago, [[Y...] said:

I guess the reason for those emotions is that during tapering or once off Cortisol goes skyrocketing till it stabilises back down . High Cortisol is known to deplete serotonin (happy peace of mind feeling, no ocd) and dopamine (motivation and interest in life) 

During my windows , I felt happy and motivated so all feelings will.come back 

I’m holding you to this! 😉

• Like 1

20 hours ago, [[P...] said:

So ear pain and pressure and ringing is normal in this process?   It’s rough.  Made it back to California snug in bed but outlook sucks 

@[Kh...] I have tinnitus and ear pressure almost constantly. Many people have, I would say the majority do to some extent.

I am so happy you got to California safe, good job!! :) :thumbsup: 

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 1

Kuhn Kit: Basically anything you experience that is not normal is normal in this process. Short and simple answer. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Kuhn Kit: Basically anything you experience that is not normal is normal in this process. Short and simple answer. 

Wonder how long this nonsense lasts 

22 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Wonder how long this nonsense lasts 

You’ll be the first to know!

• Like 3