Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Connection to titanium implants, must read!

[ns...]

I found this important information today! Please read this link below. 

I have histamine intolerance to so many foods, allergies, anxiety, sensitivity issues, diagnosis of fibromyalgia and no I don't have that. Ibs, numbness on my right side, to many to mention.

This find is also connected to thyroid disease,  cancers, MS, numbness, tingling and that we experience with benzo withdrawal. Most symptoms causes by metal sensitivity cease after metals are removed! Example, once a titanium clip was removed from a woman who underwent a gallbladder surgery, withing one month her symptoms of illnesses left and she is doing well!

According to ICE Farmaceutici Benzos have titanium dioxide on them for a coating, specifically generic brand lorazapam. From what could understand,  generic valuim and clonazapam have titanium dioxide on them as a coating as well. But benzos aren't the reason for my research.

TOOTHPASTE, chocolate and many products that we consume or use have titanium dioxide in or on the product.

This is information can be easily found on the internet. 

I've been researching the connection to metal sensitivity and allergy for a while now. I have titanium clips in my belly from a gallbladder surgery and hysterectomy. Since then, I've had so many health problems. 

If you or someone u know has had any metals implanted in them, dental, Ortho, gallbladder etc.

Please share this link with them. It is shocking information to say the least! Also, Melisa.org is where u get tested. 

https://www.cureus.com/articles/136554-diagnosis-and-management-of-a-hypersensitivity-reaction-to-titanium-containing-surgical-clips-a-case-report#!/

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Benzos have titanium dioxide in them for a filler

Hmm … I just checked the official US FDA drug labels for brand Ativan and Klonopin tablets as well as generic lorazepam and clonazepam tablets from several of the manufacturers.  Titanium dioxide is not listed as an ingredient.  Do you have a list of benzodiazepine dosage forms that do contain this ingredient you can share with us?

36 minutes ago, [[[...] said:

Hmm … I just checked the official US FDA drug labels for brand Ativan and Klonopin tablets as well as generic lorazepam and clonazepam tablets from several of the manufacturers.  Titanium dioxide is not listed as an ingredient.  Do you have a list of benzodiazepine dosage forms that do contain this ingredient you can share with us?

I found it by asking, does lorazapam have titanium dioxide in it for a filler, dies valium have titanium dioxide for a filler? The answer was yes

I'll try to find a link ok, but u can easily find it.

Ck back later ok

Ns

Titanium dioxide is used as a coating on benzos and many medications.  I found it but it's a pdf, ICE phar I believe is the name. Can't search right now but I did find it under this name, Ice pharma. most if not all medications have titanium dioxide as well as aluminum. 

Sorry too many symptoms to deal with this right now.

Ns

Hmm again … I just tried the search phrases you used and do not get the same results.  My preferred source for information regarding the ingredients in pharmaceutical products is DailyMed; the database contains the most recent labeling submitted to the US Federal Drug Administration by the manufacturers.  For example, here is a link to the complete FDA label for lorazepam tablets manufactured by Leading Pharma; scroll down to the end of the document to view the information about ingredients:

Lorazepam Tablets, USP CIVRx only
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=5ca13415-4b77-4131-a9d2-6db26bc49167&type=display

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Titanium dioxide is used as a coating on benzos and many medications.  I found it but it's a pdf, ICE phar I believe is the name. Can't search right now but I did find it under this name, Ice pharma. most if not all medications have titanium dioxide as well as aluminum. 

Sorry too many symptoms to deal with this right now.

Ns

From OpenAI:

Titanium dioxide (TiO2) is a common ingredient used in the pharmaceutical industry as a coating for tablets and capsules. It is used to improve the appearance of the medication, protect it from light, and mask unpleasant tastes or odors.

I could not find any information on whether Ativan (lorazepam) or Valium (diazepam) contain titanium dioxide as a filler. However, according to the FDA, Ativan injection contains polyethylene glycol 400 in propylene glycol with 2.0% benzyl alcohol as preservative.

Please note that the information I provided is based on the sources I found and may not be exhaustive. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

https://www.tdma.info/safety/titanium-dioxide-in-medicines/

Edited by [jo...]

Nsindy, the problems that arise due to psychiatric drugs,. benzodiazepines included has nothing to do with heavy metal toxicity, it's deeper than that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

Nsindy, the problems that arise due to psychiatric drugs,. benzodiazepines included has nothing to do with heavy metal toxicity, it's deeper than that 

Denizthekid,  hi, yes I realize this. I only added benzo to the text because I have found it in everything. I imagine that many are aware of this already. The topic for which I posted is in relation to me having titanium in my body and is making me and many others very sick. It amazed me to find it also in benzos and other products. 

I am seeking medical assistance to rid my body of these metal clips which I believe have been making me sick for yrs.

The information I've found includes metals testing for sensitivity to metals, specifically titanium and Nickle. 

I shared this information in hopes it my be of some help to others, including you  Denizthekid, as the thyroid is included in the text as having possible connections to metals. 

I'm desperate to find answers. These clips have been proven to cause histamine intolerance to foods! Mast cell activation to be specific.  I am practically starving to death,  I can hardly eat anything. 

I shared this information as well as the Melisa.org testing website in hopes it might be of help to others.

I see it has caused a bit of a stir because I added benzos as one of the offenders. If it's not of interest to others, simply disregard it, my research is correct, my language on the topic may be wrong. The pills are coated with Titanium dioxide not used as a filler, to me it makes no difference,  I'm angry at the pharmaceutical industry for their greed and lies to the world for profit! 

Who isn't right? But I cant spend time fighting them, but I will seek to heal my body with the information I've shared. 

I hope it helps someone!

Thanks for listening 

Ns

Edited by [ns...]

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

Hmm again … I just tried the search phrases you used and do not get the same results.  My preferred source for information regarding the ingredients in pharmaceutical products is DailyMed; the database contains the most recent labeling submitted to the US Federal Drug Administration by the manufacturers.  For example, here is a link to the complete FDA label for lorazepam tablets manufactured by Leading Pharma; scroll down to the end of the document to view the information about ingredients:

Lorazepam Tablets, USP CIVRx only
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=5ca13415-4b77-4131-a9d2-6db26bc49167&type=display

Libertas, hi. My language on the subject on benzos and titanium dioxide is incorrect. The actual terminology is coated with Titanium dioxide. 

Sorry for the confusion 

By the way, the FDA isn't exactly the best source for truth.

When I feel better if it helps,I'll research it and post it tomorrow. I'm not well today, shouldn't have even added it to the text. 

No worries, I'll find it and post it when I feel better. 

Sorry for the confusion 

Ns

@[ns...] I look forward to reviewing the source you found to substantiate the claim that ‘Benzos have titanium dioxide in them as a filler.’ which you have now revised to something along the lines of ‘Titanium dioxide is used in the coating of benzo tablets or in the shell of benzo capsules.’  If the revised claim is true, titanium dioxide will be listed as an ingredient in the FDA drug labels or, if you prefer, product monographs for all of the different benzodiazepines from all of the different manufacturers. 

Addendum:  

I recalled reading a while back that titanium dioxide is an ingredient in Cymbalta capsules.  This in turn reminded me that Librium (chlordiazepoxide hydrochloride) is also dispensed in capsule form.  Per its DailyMed label below, titanium dioxide is indeed listed as an ingredient.  However, I have not as yet found a benzodiazepine tablet that contains this ingredient so continue to look forward to reviewing the source you found.

CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE HYDROCHLORIDE CAPSULES, USP C-IV Rx only
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=dd5f82b0-5a56-4728-941a-c8c2a0d51cc4&type=display

(Scoll to the last page to view the ingredients list.)

Here you go. If I've misunderstood this information I'm sorry about that.  I didn't spend much time searching. Just copied the 1st one I found. 

Ns

abcfarmaceutici.it

LORAZEPAM ABC 1 mg film coated tablets: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, polacrilin 
potassium, magnesium stearate. Film coating: hypromellose, macrogol 6000, titanium dioxide, talc. 
LORAZEPAM ABC 2.5 mg film coated tablets: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, polacrilin 
potassium, magnesium stearate. Film coating: hypromellose, macrogol 6000, titanium dioxide, talc. 
6.2 Incompatibility
 Not relevant. 
6.3 Validity
24 months. 
6.4 Special precautions for storage
 Do not store above 25 °C. 
6.5 Nature and content of the packaging 
PVC and aluminium blisters in lithographed cases. 
20 divisible film coated tablets, 1 mg each 
 20 divisible film coated tablets, 2.5 mg each 
6.6 Directions for use 
 None in particular. 
7. MARKETING AUTHORIZATION HOLDER
ABC Farmaceutici S.p.A. 
 Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, n. 72 
 10121 Turin
8. MARKETING AUTHORIZATION NUMBER
LORAZEPAM ABC 1 mg film coated tablets: M.A. n.: 035931017 
LORAZEPAM ABC 2.5 mg film coated tablets: M.A. n.: 035931029 
LORAZEPAM ABC 1 mg film coated tablets: M.A. n.: 035931031 
9. FIRST AUTHORIZATION DATE 
May 2004 
10. TEXT REVIEW DATE 
 March 2010 

Edited by [ns...]

@[ns...].   Ah ha. I see why you’ve been confused.  This appears to be a product from an Italian pharmaceutical manufacturer.  It also appears to be a non-standard dosage form (film coated tablets packaged in PVC and aluminium blisters) not available here in the US. 

Just now, [[L...] said:

@[ns...].   Ah ha. I see why you’ve been confused.  This appears to be a product from an Italian pharmaceutical manufacturer.  It also appears to be a non-standard dosage form (film coated tablets packaged in PVC and aluminium blisters) not available here in the US. 

Oh OK, well thank u for clearing that up!

Ns

• Like 1