Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

What is your Daily Routine?

[or...]

Here's mine although please remember, some days I can't do this as it's laid out below, I manage do all the eating and drinking, shower, etc. but pretty much I lay around :)

Decided to list my routine for what I believe has helped me progress in my taper plan, and handle wd sxs.  My plan didn't go, or work perfectly, please understand this has take a lot of help from those here that have gone before me, and were kind enough to share their experiences.  Also, just getting used to the routine, and practicing every day.  Most of all, excepting when I can't do it all, and just rest, be lazy, or take naps, and not beat myself up for taking care of myself :)

I'm going to list my routine for today, for example.  I've stuck with it for the last, I'd say, most of my taper and things are getting easier.  Some simply because I except all the sxs are to do with my body ridding itself of the benzo. 

I have good days (windows) and (not so good days) waves.  I'm like anyone else here, and my sxs may be less extreme, or more extreme than others. Best thing for me is to not look at our differences, but what we have in common.  Lastly, I've learned to take what sounds manageable for me, and leave the rest. It's been trial & error, listening to my body, and making decisions based on "am I able to still live my life" as normally as possible.

Here's a list of one day in the life of Oregonlady :)

PS I know all the excuses why we "can't" do something because I've used them all.  I also now there are things that each of us is unable to do, period!  But my big goal each day is to focus on what "can" I do.

Ok on with the list:

1. Get out of bed. Drink water to get my organs ready ;)
  2. Walk around sort of like a zombie on auto-pilot turning on all my ambience lighting, PC, Stream an ambience video on my SmartTV, head to the kitchen, set out my decaf and ingredient for one special cup. Tsp Turmeric, 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon, dash black pepper, teenie scoop stevia, 1 scoop Collagen, Almond Milk and a little Heavy Whipping Cream.  This is my morning treat "hot drink".
  3. Sit down at my puter and play around until I finish my coffee.
  4. Eat breakfast, eggs, sausage or bacon with mozarella or cheddar cheese omelette basically.  I do sprinkle Nooch, Flaxseed and Chia seeds(1 tsp each) over before adding 1 oz of cheese grated.
  5. Every other day I do a simple 20 min. workout to a lady's video on youtube just before I shower.
  6. Shower, get ready for my day, I do my hair, it's in grow-out from a pixxy cut so I try to just style it as best I can, awkward stage but prefer my long hair to come back as it's just so much easier for me. Can't wear makeup because of tremor, but I can manage a little lipstick :)
  7. I usually do errands like grocery shop etc. Some days I love to go to thriftshop(s) I stay close to home as I never know when a migraine or other more serious sxs might hit me.
  8. Lunch is at or around Noon.  I keep it simple, Yogurt, Walnuts and Blueberries usually.
  9. After that I get back on my puter and like to play games, or maybe hang at BB depending on my mood, some days, if I got little sleep/insomnia, I will take a nap in my recliner.  When I wake half hour to hour and a half, I will have a little snack of something, nuts, maybe just a La Croix flavored sparkling water, or both;) I also make low carb candies, and popcicles.  One frozen popsicle is, I believe, helping me sleep.  Glad to share recipes I have, all low carb using stevia or sweetner of your choice.
  10. Dinner I eat around 4:30 to 5:00.  I only eat a protein, for me it's red meat, chicken, turkey, or wildcaught fish.  I eat nothing except easily digestible treats after that, about a half hour after main meal.

I have been on a low-carb diet for 3 years, reversed my T2 Diabetes, lost 30 lbs, basically keto. I make treats using a small scoop of pure white powder stevia instead of sugar, just so folks know.  I don't touch high carb anything. There are plenty of lower carb vegies, and fruits so don't be discouraged.  I "can't" eat higher carbs including breads, so no gluten which I was never afraid of, because it spikes my blood glucose. So if you don't have that issue, you can eat pretty much what you want ;)

I do take vitamins and I believe they are helping with getting all the nutrients each day.

My Bs, A, D3, C, Zinc, Magnesium, K2 (MK-7 form)

Be happy to answer questions, as there's much more to my day. Everything is pretty organized the same each day.  Oh, my dose is at or close to 7 a.m. Some times I get busy and forget but usually get it within an hour or so.

Sending you all hope and encouragement, progress in your tapers, and especially progressing in your healing after you have taken your final dose, oregonlady :hug::smitten:

My "History Taper" so far

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

1. Walk my dog.  It allow my brain to finish booting (I wish my brain was like a computer that I could control, so pardon me the computer analogies) and it sets up a positive tone for the first part of the day.

2. Take some breakfast so I can take half a pill of Magnesium and half a pill of anti-hypertensive medication.

3. Upgrade all my computers, phone, tablet, virtual machines, etc.

4. Read the news.

5. Work in my computer.

6. Walk my dog

7. Go to the supermarket in my bicycle.

7. Eat lunch.

8. Work in my computer.

I feel like taking a dose sometimes before or after lunch. 

9. Walk my dog.

10. See some Netflix show with my wife.

So far it allows to shorten the day and split it into 2, so to speak.  

Edited by [ve...]
  • Like 1

Good routine, I miss my doggy, that was the best part of my day walking her.  She got me out when I felt I couldn't go out at all :)

Thanks for sharing @verdi, I think it's so healthy to have a routine, just having one gives me things to look forward to when I first wake ;) oregonlady, :balloon: