Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Researchers create an app to deal with tinnitus

[ve...]

No mention of why people get tinnitus in the first place! And they always say there is no cure, which is not true at all. Many have recovered completely.

• Like 1

I think us benzo damaged people are not the normal for getting tinnitus. It's most common from a ear damage high sound. My came creeping on when i was in acute wd. It's much better now and i count with it to vanish all together. Fingers crossed.

What's the cure @[WU...]?

• Love 1

They say it is hearing loss in older people but that isn't true either as I had tests a few years apart and my hearing improved! And how does one explain tinnitus in younger people when there is no sign of "damage" at all? 

There is a wonderful guy in London/France who explains everything. He had extremely bad tinnitus in his twenties and eventually discovered it was all to do with stress and anxiety which produced tension in the body. Wish I could remember his name. He also has a YT channel. I will post later if I can remember it.

Benzos produce rebound tension which is why I developed tinnitus, basically from taking it on and off for years.  

• Like 1

Just now, [[W...] said:

They say it is hearing loss in older people but that isn't true either as I had tests a few years apart and my hearing improved! And how does one explain tinnitus in younger people when there is no sign of "damage" at all? 

There is a wonderful guy in London/France who explains everything. He had extremely bad tinnitus in his twenties and eventually discovered it was all to do with stress and anxiety which produced tension in the body. Wish I could remember his name. He also has a YT channel. I will post later if I can remember it.

Benzos produce rebound tension which is why I developed tinnitus, basically from taking it on and off for years.  

Ok! The ppl i know have it works in loud atmospheres. Djs, building workers etc.

I would very like to know the mechanism in getting it in our case.. it's just weird! Brain in chock mabey..

Ha, I just found the guy on YT Julian Cowan Hill. Here's his channel.

He says in his case it was family stress and not knowing how to handle stuff, among other things, nothing to do with mechanical issues. He is an advocate of cranio-sacral therapy which is all about calming the nervous system. Its that nervous system again! And of course us benzo people have had our nervous systems totally messed about!

Those people you know who work in loud environments, I would say are subjecting their nervous systems to a real onslaught, like going into battle in the First World War ! Shock to the system yes. 

• Love 1

I think you can still get tinnitus from high noises.

That i some clever stuff! I tried do some tinnitus movies on YouTube. Mainly listen to different types of white noise. Waterfalls etc. But it was just annoying lol.

When it was at it worse i put my head under the kitchen fan.

Well yes the high pitch noises will produce a startle response, ie shock to the system. We don't want that!

Yeah I tried some of those YT white noise and waterfall nonsense. Horrible! The one thing I do like  is some of the Tibetan singing bowls, as long as they don't have anything else like running water or strange AI bot rhythms etc.  just the bowl or gong on its own. Can be very relaxing

Head under the kitchen fan sounds dangerous!

Edited by [WU...]
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Well yes the high pitch noises will produce a startle response, ie shock to the system. We don't want that!

Yeah I tried some of those YT white noise and waterfall nonsense. Horrible! The one thing I do like  is some of the Tibetan singing bowls, as long as they don't have anything else like running water or strange AI bot rhythms etc.  just the bowl or gong on its own. Can be very relaxing

Yes you are right 

That is very calming indeed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Hehe lol yeah I like to live dangerous:)

• Like 1

Verdi and to all following this topic, I have tinnitus,  I have an acoustic neuroma, a small brain tumor that affects my right ear. But, when anxiety started it got so much worse, once on lorazapam it git better, then taken off lorazapam too fast, both my ears got terrible tinnitus and went off and on with tension.  I've found that with withdrawl the tension causes it to be so much worse, if I can relax,  distract etc, my left ear, neck etc relaxes and it goes away. I think it's caused by tension, at least for some.