Amoxicillin use

[Ab...]

I am almost 51 months off .25 klonopin used as needed off and on from 2012-2019 when I cold turkeyed  off for the last time.The worst symptom has been severe insomnia.I was slowly getting better at month 50 when I ended up with a terrible sinus infection that required a 5 days dose of amoxicillin.I was doing ok but when I finished the dose my insomnia and some other symptoms have reared their ugly head.Insomnia now super bad.Anyone have a clue how long it might take to get back to baseline?

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2024 at 07:51, [[A...] said:

I am almost 51 months off .25 klonopin used as needed off and on from 2012-2019 when I cold turkeyed  off for the last time.The worst symptom has been severe insomnia.I was slowly getting better at month 50 when I ended up with a terrible sinus infection that required a 5 days dose of amoxicillin.I was doing ok but when I finished the dose my insomnia and some other symptoms have reared their ugly head.Insomnia now super bad.Anyone have a clue how long it might take to get back to baseline?

Hi Abbie, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. I cold turkeyed back in late 2018 and I'm in a very similar situation where I'm in a really bad wave after I finished 7 days of Amoxicillin from a cold/sinus infection that lasted for over a month and refused to go away. I've had a lot of symptoms come back that I thought were finally gone forever, so it's been extremely discouraging to say the least. I've had to take Amoxicillin for various medical issues maybe 3 times now during WD and usually within 2-3 months the symptoms start to calm down again. Hope you feel better soon.

• 1 month later...
[Ab...]
On 20/01/2024 at 14:29, [[a...] said:

Hi Abbie, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. I cold turkeyed back in late 2018 and I'm in a very similar situation where I'm in a really bad wave after I finished 7 days of Amoxicillin from a cold/sinus infection that lasted for over a month and refused to go away. I've had a lot of symptoms come back that I thought were finally gone forever, so it's been extremely discouraging to say the least. I've had to take Amoxicillin for various medical issues maybe 3 times now during WD and usually within 2-3 months the symptoms start to calm down again. Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you heal as well.This is super miserable.

[Ne...]

I took Amoxicillin for 7 days after gum surgery.  After I finished the antibiotic, I went into a wave with increased anxiety as my symptom and it went away after about six days.  I was in in my 31st month of recovery from CT from very short time usage.