Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Micro dosing mushrooms?

[ho...]

I saw a post on Facebook about a guy micro dosing mushrooms. I know nothing about it, but they said it helps to regrow brain cells and boost neuroplasticity, but being so sensitive as I am to supplements and even too much fruit with the sugar making me worse it almost sounds terrifying. I know nothing about microdose thing whatsoever. Just curious when the whole topic. Im five years off and still not spectacular. 

hmm, very interesting. during my bored-at-home-during pandemic days, I actually tried the tiniest bit of this liquid supplement by someone called Stamets. It basically a liquid of mushroom concentrations in a tincture, such as reishi, lyons mane, ( a Japanese one I forgot name), cordyceps etc.  I did not notice much. so cannot say much more. I was all into bettering my health - he got me with claiming he healed his own mother of cancer!

So either he is a mushroom-oil salesman, or the real deal. Afraid I could not say either way ><

Edited by [Ka...]

I tried LSD once and I had such a bad trip that I'm grateful it was my first and last experience with psychedelics.

I wouldn't try microdosing because even the thought of having ingested an hallucinogen would put me in alert mode.  I'm done experimenting with drugs in my life.