My dream of a Benzo recovery facility

[Du...]

Hi all, 

I've been fantasizing lately about a place...

🌈Imagine:

A Benzo Recovery Facility, somewhere out in nature like a forest, a hillside or close to a quiet beach.

A place far away from your daily life, stressors, obligations and noise.

A place where you can join people that are in a similar situation, trying to taper or heal after tapering. People that understand exactly what you're going through, where you don't have to explain your situation and struggles, or keep it to yourself in order to not be judged or misunderstood.

A place with therapists, breath coaches, people who already healed from this and help out.

A place where you can stay as long as you want without any deadlines or stress about income or housing.

A place that offers education.

A place where you can eat healthy and the way that's right for You. 

A place where you can take hikes in nature, ride a bike or do sports (if you are able to) 

A place where you can actually take the time to heal and repair, without being labeled lazy or weird. 

A place where you feel like you're part of a community again. 

How awesome would this be... 😱😁

Edited by [Du...]
  • Like 5
  • Love 5

On 24/11/2023 at 06:24, [[D...] said:

Hi all, 

🌈Imagine:

A Benzo Recovery Facility, somewhere out in nature like a forest, a hillside or close to a quiet beach.

A place where you can join people that are in a similar situation, trying to taper or heal after tapering. People that understand exactly what you're going through, where you don't have to explain your situation and struggles, or keep it to yourself in order to not be judged or misunderstood.

A place with therapists, breath coaches, people who already healed from this and help out.

A place where you can stay as long as you want without any deadlines or stress about income or housing.

A place where you can take hikes in nature, ride a bike or do sports (if you are able to) 

A place where you can actually take the time to heal and repair, without being labeled lazy or weird. 

I dream of this place too 💔

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/11/2023 at 19:24, [[D...] said:

Hi all, 

🌈Imagine:

I've been daydreaming about something like that for years :)

It would be awesome. And is not far from achievable I believe, just need resources, people willing to help out creating this and spreading the word, making it a community project, wherever that'd take place at first. 

The hard thing is to set all this up being all isolated and by ourselves. If we could team up, join brains and resources and willingness, I think it could be done. Or something very close to it anyway. There's nothing like that that exists that I'm aware of. Rehab centres don't count in my opinion. And in my country of origin, in France, people are so clueless about the damage of medication that if I started to talk about it more publicly, not even mentioning an idea like this, they'd be baffled I think. 

Doesn't mean it can't be done. Means it's harder there :)

• Like 3

On 23/11/2023 at 14:24, [[D...] said:

Hi all, 

🌈Imagine:

Wow! I have also had fantasies of having a place like this for benzo sufferers. This online BB community is probably the closest thing most of us will ever have I suppose.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
[Ma...]

Just saying hi to a fellow Dutchie!
And yes: communitysupport, healingfacility…. “I would sell my kidney” to go there! Sounds like heaven!