Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Health Anxiety

[lo...]

I have a lot of health anxieties too @[lo...]. I was really bad when I was younger. I seem to have less and less health anxieties the older I get tho. It seems like it would be the opposite. Go figure!

• 3 weeks later...

I have it times a million! It eats me alive! Every sensation and I’m scared it’s cancer! I HATE IT!

I wasn’t like this before this mess! 

Edited by [ho...]

Experiencing inexplicable symptoms and not knowing what the cause was gave me health anxiety during my recovery. I didn’t find this forum until after I jumped off so I didn’t have much information about this process. I spent far too much time using Dr. Google. Once I forbade myself from doing that I did a lot better.

Ditto Piano Girl. I had to cut way back on Dr. Google too.

I have had health anxieties since I was a teen, long before benzos entered my life. I am glad there was no Dr. Google back then.

I talk to my therapist about all those worries and it gets slowly better. I also try to delegate as many things as possible instead of managing everything by myself. These days already found guys who will write my essay https://boomessays.com/ , so i will be able to take a better care of my mental health. Can't say it is easy, just something i need to do.

Edited by [el...]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi longhope, I am sorry you are going through this too. And surprised you have not gotten more responses. I have really bad health anxiety. Withdrawal and recovery is the hardest thing I have been through. My problem is the "one thing after another" mental strain in this recovery.  It seems as soon as one symptom subsides, one or two more creep -up.  And the best advice I have had is" day-by-day."  and "Try and concur one symptom at time."  But that is easier said than done when you are hit with three symptoms at a time.  It's extremely oppressive when you are alone.  It's a fight.   

And when I explain to my doctor, they just suggest another, but they don't really understand the depths of Benzo recovery.  So, I try and distract myself with things I enjoy and I am grateful each day God brings me through and pray for wisdom on how to get through the next day.  I pray this fear is removed from all of us going through this immediately and our health is restored.  Wishing you peace and calm.  Alwayshope

I think what adds to my health anxiety is the lack of knowledge by the average medical practitioner I encounter and my own expectation that I should be further along in my healing, especially considering my use was short term. I am trying to focus on the symptoms I no longer have as opposed to the 2 that remain. I trying to tell myself that the tingling and spasms will go away like the insomnia, eye twitching and leg cramps did. But it’s a struggle and I tend to worry.

Try not to focus on symptoms. I do it too, I am very symptoms focused and all my tests have turned out negative. It's good to get reassance though just so u don't sit back and wonder if your sick. Once you get a confirmation of A ok, leave it! Don't let your mind try to pull u back in. I thought I had a stroke, I'm numb on my right side for 4 yrs now, no stroke! My.mind took.me there, thought I had heart issues, nope, all good, liver, nope all good, anxiety is a tricky issue, we get so symptom focused, I'm really working on this, it's tough but symptoms change, I watch people on YouTube with health anxiety and boy they sound familiar. Like me! Keep your mind and hands busy, best advice I received, I have stinging, jerking, numbness, insomnia, hyperactivity, wear ear plugs most of the time due to tinnitus screaming in my ears, can't listen to music or TV, play my piano or talk on the phone, horrible muscle tension, sensitivity to everything. I try to remember I didn't have these issues before the anxiety, definitely got worse using lorazapam. I'm so sensitive that the lorazapam now makes me sick and I have to take it to taper off. 1.3 pills to go, thank God!  Were working on the sensitivity thing!

Pray often, spend time with the lord, stay connected to family and friends if you can, be grateful, thankful, even in the hard times. 

Stay as positive as you can!

Bless ya

Hello @[ns...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It sounds like you’ve developed many good tools to get you through this, thank you for sharing them.  We’d love to hear your story so I hope you’ll start a thread of your own.  We’re glad you found us.

Pamster