Open Group  ·  69 members

Music Lovers

Songs of the 70s

[Na...]

14 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Love it❤️ The guitar solos by Dan Felder and Joe Welsh are so cool. Especially the one at the end is a masterpiece.

Here are Songfacts with lyrics and other interesting information.

Don Henley said it was about the dark side of the American Dream. This song made me always think of drugs, how they enslave you. 

Yeah, and Don Henley is also an incredible singer & songwriter.

• Like 1

RIP Eddie Van Halen (1955-1920). Your music will live forever. And your smile.

Okay, deleted the embarrassing photo of Dave Lee Roth. It always made me laugh hysterically, but there are mostly guys here, he cannot spread his charm😆

Edited by [Es...]
  • Like 1

John Lennon - 1970

Alan White got a really fine sound out of his kit on this and I can't image anyone else drumming on it.

This song frequently shows up on lists of songs with misheard lyrics. Apparently a lot of people heard it as "Some cop is gonna get you". :classic_wink:

9 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I liked BOC's album Secret Treaties the best.

Don't get me wrong, that's a great album. But I always felt like it could have used a little more cowbell.

19 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Prefer this one, however. Songfacts apply. I have better version of Dylan singing it on Apple Music, but it won't post here.

I've always been wondering what death looks like. When you know you're dying. I'm not scared of death. Not at all. I'm rather tired of this life and suffering.

• Like 1