Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

My story

[ha...]

Two months since stopping Xanax cold turkey. I can finally report that I am feeling back to normal. I experienced derealisation, vertigo, lack of concentration, the worst the first week ,when my husband said I looked dazed and noticed I was having trouble walking in a straight line. I  also could barely throw the ball once to the dog. The derealisation disappeared the second week, but  the other symptoms persisted. I'm still not sleeping that easily like before the benzo episode, but I hope it will go away soon.

• Like 5

Hi hawhi

Welcome to the forum,  I am glad to hear you're doing so well at 2 months.  Congratulations and thank you for posting your success story.  I hope you continue to get better.  Your story will help others to know, it doesn’t always take a long time to recover. Sleep will come, it might take a little longer but I am sure it will happen for you.

Magrita:smitten:

Wow, that's great! I tapered slowly for 19.5 months after a few months of use, am three months off now, and I'm still in the trenches. We're all so different. Happy to hear you're doing so much better so fast after a CT.

hawhi , congrats. you seem to be doing great. I would love to hear your benzo backstory if you don't mind sharing. How long were you on the Xanax, what dose, and what medical problem was it being prescribed for?