Please help

[Bl...]

I’ve been on 1mg Xanax for a while now. Recently I have made it to .5 for the past month by breaking them in half. I have a half left until my refill on Saturday the 22nd that morning. If I’ve been taking just 1 .5 mg pill a day will I have seizures and withdraw bad or am I going to be okay? It’s Monday now and I was planning on taking the half I have left on Wednesday and it’ll make me till Saturday till my refill. I am out because my husband stole my pills. Which he is gone now. But anyway I also drink but I only drink on days I do not take my Xanax. Every other day. Does alcohol help with withdraw if I do withdraw or am I not going to? Also will I make it till Saturday if I wait until Wednesday to take my half ? I don’t want to have a siezure but I don’t think I will since I’m on such a low dose a day. I’m supposed to take 1mg three times a day but I do not. I have kids and I can’t do that. I only take .5 at night. Maybe twice a day. But that’s rare. Not sure what to do here.

Hello Blondie1993 Welcome to benzobuddies.

I am sorry for the predicament you find yourself in, if you can’t get to a doctor, I would go to emergency room and let them know what’s happened. Try not to worry, seizures are rare,  but please don’t let yourself run out, don’t go cold turkey.  How long have you been on Xanax (alprazolam)?. Try not to mix alcohol with benzos, it can be lethal.    I will leave you a link to a support group perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself there, the members are very knowledgeable where these meds are concerned.

The Xanax Club

If you are considering tapering off your Xanax in the near future, we can help you through it.  Its generally suggested reducing no faster than 5-10% every 10-14 days.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Magrita :smitten:

Oh I never mix them! My child’s father passed away from an od last year and I’m super scared of death or anything so I know not to mix them. I’m asking if substituting for a day or two until my refill would help? But I’m not sure because it’s only .5 and I don’t think I would withdrawl bad if I did. I will def go to an er on around Thursday if I’m feeling awful but it’s Monday now and I plan to go without until Wednesday to take my last half of 1mg I have. (I half them anyway I can’t take a whole) I been on them for five years on and off. Only take them once a day even though my script says 3!

Oh I never mix them! My child’s father passed away from an od last year and I’m super scared of death or anything so I know not to mix them. I’m asking if substituting for a day or two until my refill would help? But I’m not sure because it’s only .5 and I don’t think I would withdrawl bad if I did. I will def go to an er on around Thursday if I’m feeling awful but it’s Monday now and I plan to go without until Wednesday to take my last half of 1mg I have. (I half them anyway I can’t take a whole) I been on them for five years on and off. Only take them once a day even though my script says 3!

Hi again Blondie 1993, I am so sorry about your husband, that is so tragic, it must have been a very traumatic time for you and your child.  I personally wouldn't use alcohol to substitute the Xanax, I really don't think  its a good idea, they both act on the same part of the brain. I would go to the emergency room, they should give you enough pills to last until you see the doctor.

Lets know how you get on.

Magrita :smitten: