Afternoon fatigue, weakness, anxiety now dizziness - 6 months clean from diazepa

[Bi...]

When does the nightmare end? I get up most days with anxiety low now( used to be terror), by mid afternoon the fatigue and weakness kicks in with more anxiety. This morning I woke up dizzy, really dizzy to the point I was close to ringing emergency. Please tell me that after 6 months since my CT this is normal. I've had some dizziness since I stopped benzos but rare and not as bad. This was so bad, the last time I felt as bad was after giving blood years ago.

I need some reassurance I'm.still healing and its normal, please please. I can't stop crying

You are healing and you are healing fast after a CT nonetheless. You will be fine. Hang in there. Ashton manual says it takes on average 1-2 years.

Yes it's perfectly normal unfortunately. The good news is though your symptoms seem to be changing nice and quickly. Couple this with fairly short term use, you're well on your way to healing I would say. Think of the dizziness as things working themselves out. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs as they say. Try to accept the process as much as you can

Yes it's perfectly normal unfortunately. The good news is though your symptoms seem to be changing nice and quickly. Couple this with fairly short term use, you're well on your way to healing I would say. Think of the dizziness as things working themselves out. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs as they say. Try to accept the process as much as you can

I hope you're right. It eased but then when I lay down in bed I got dizzy again. Today,so far no dizziness really but the stress has brought on anxiety that usually subsides by now, the head pressure is worse this morning and I have nausea and weakness.

I feel my life is over right now and I'm stuck in a perpetual loop of sickness. Yes I have windows but I'm beginning to dread waking up not knowing how bad the day may be.

You are healing and you are healing fast after a CT nonetheless. You will be fine. Hang in there. Ashton manual says it takes on average 1-2 years.

Thank you Cocodot

I hope you're right. It eased but then when I lay down in bed I got dizzy again. Today,so far no dizziness really but the stress has brought on anxiety that usually subsides by now, the head pressure is worse this morning and I have nausea and weakness.

I feel my life is over right now and I'm stuck in a perpetual loop of sickness. Yes I have windows but I'm beginning to dread waking up not knowing how bad the day may be.

I've had a lot of dizziness and vomiting. Head symptoms have been my thing. But I can see the progress. You need to ask yourself how your brain and nerves can heal without you feeling it? Yes it's bloody awful, but it's proof that something is happening.

The head pressure I think for many is stress. Many people, myself included seem to carry their stress in their head. Tension headaches for example are very common. It's just that Benzo WD has put it on another level, then you get stressed about it which inevitably makes it worse, in a cruel cycle.

Acceptance is key, if you can accept it for what it is, you'll find it easier. If you broke your arm, it would itch as it healed. As your nervous system heals you feel it too, it's scary, but it's just the equivalent of the itch

You'll be ok  :smitten:

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
It's very normal! You are doing this really great! After 6 months off of Valium- in my first withdrawal -I had a big setback where I felt right back to acute (june 2015)! I almost gave inn and wanted to try antidepressans for Panic and anxiety which would have been the worst thing to do! I am so glad I didn't.. It took whole June 2015 and I still felt it a lot in July and August and lived in constant anxiety and stressed out like hell...but then September 2015 I entered phase 4... Then my symptoms -as  bad as they were before -were suddenly so mild that they were hard to tell apart from everyday stress reactions or my typical fibromyalgia.... the bad panic attacks were gone forever! So it will be for you as well somewhen! I promise! Many people have a setback or suffer as much as you do 6 months off! Even Jeniffer Leigh talks of the" month 6 wave"! It's normal and very common! You will definately make it! ...I have dizzyness and head pressure,  too and short-lived attacks of anxiety and panic as well as fatigue more or less....so you are not alone with that!
  • Love 1