Friend/Buddie

[Ma...]

Does anyone need a friend/Buddie to share support, conversation and the like? I’ve been doing this completely alone, as like others.

Please PM me if interested ❤️🙏

BTW: I live in a metropolitan city, am well educated, well read, well traveled, kind compassionate and have a great sense of humor-no matter the benzo hell…

If I am not permitted to reach out for private support via PM’s, even though I have asked countless times why with no response: Moderators: please delete my account. This isn’t helpful.

Thank you,

Hi! If I am not deleted-yet-I had season tickets to the ballet, theater, opera; traveled internationally twice/year, nationally 3+ t/year. Spent weeks at the beach. Worked at internationally acclaimed museums and The White House.

Now? Home bound and bedridden for 2 weeks 🥺

Hi Mary,

Ive traveled mostly to the UK and a bit to France.  I enjoy the outdoors and used to camp but now with horrible T I hate being away from Alexa and the masking crickets.  I force myself to get out daily tho and I usually take my dog to Starbucks for a protein box and pup cup.  Im amazed at how isolated Ive become in the past 1.5 years since I started tapering.  Fortunately I have a strong supportive husband.  Im not much of a reader as graduate school burned me out of it.

Here's hoping you have a better week.

Alycat

Thank you Alletcat-you too! I went to H.S. in England! Did you travel to London?

I was walking to Starbucks every morning March-May but something just shut down in June. I don’t understand it. At all…..

If I am not permitted to reach out for private support via PM’s, even though I have asked countless times why with no response: Moderators: please delete my account. This isn’t helpful.

Thank you,

Mary1,

By using the open forum to discuss moderation actions, you’re inviting the team to detail why this restriction has been placed on your account, do you really want to have this discussion in public?  As for deleting your account, you know the procedure for this since you’ve done it before, the help desk is where you should make your request. 

As for not receiving responses from the team, this is untrue, we have records Mary1, we have many, many help desk exchanges that we can provide here if its your intention to litigate this in public.  You promise to follow the rules then you break them, then you ask for account deletion, this is how it’s gone, both as Sugar1 and Mary1. 

If you want to close your account, we’ll help you do that but you must make the request through the help desk.

Pamster

You may not use the Personal Message (PM) system for withdrawal or taper advice. PMs are primarily intended for moral support, fun, and distraction. Please post your taper plan or withdrawal questions and concerns to the forum boards for wider discussion and feedback.

If you disagree with a moderation action please read our policy Disagreeing with a moderation decision for further details on permitted methods of recourse.

Edit:  I see you posted again about being deleted, you know perfectly well there is a 48 hour waiting period we impose on closing accounts to give the member time to change their mind.  Believe it or not, we hope you’ll change your mind, we don’t wish to see anyone leave who needs help and there is help on the open forum, Alycat is offering you just that.

Hi Mary, very culturally interested as well. Loved musea (sister is in art school), well studied with two masters and should have been halfway my PhD right now. Travelled mostly in Europe and the US and went to Ecuador last summer where my troubles began after a minor ear pressure difference from diving and an interesting cortisone withdrawal. Unfortunately my parents sucked immensely amd didnt take seriously that I felt like fighting for my life but my dad did gp crazy over tinnitus and feeling weird about not sleeping normally but I wasnt tired sooooo he rushed me through ignorant tinnitus therapists on a benzo yay while I was doing body based therapy and acupuncture and felt getting better by the week. Life destroyed at 25, not even pver a sleep issue let along sometging serious, just being confused fromncortisone amd my parents being stupid. No chance to enjoy everything anymore and definitely no gratitude left tgat I deeply felt in cortisone withdrawal. My father now says thijgs like "I was 60 and you came home with a bunch of misery from a holiday" like he was too old to be bothered by anything but then he should have left me to deal with my issues my way cause it was heavy and upsetting but I could carry it, this not really. I saw the Russian ballet perform Swan Lake some years ago. It was a nice experience.