Warrior0880 Taper Progress Log .25mg K water microtaper

[Wa...]

Not sure how best to format this

Will start water taper of K .25mg (.125mg every 12 hours) in 200 mL water. Rather than one big jar full split, doing 2 dose jars because tablets are already .125mg oral disintegrating. Will do this in 100 mL each. (.125 mg in 100 mL 2x p day)

So my taper reduces 0.00125 p cut because 0.25/200ml or .125/100.

First cut (first 1 mL liquid removed,.5mg from each)

0.25-0.00125=.24875

Second cut (2 mL liquid removed, 1 mL from each)

.24875-0.00125=0.2475

Third cut (3 mL liquid removed, 1.5 mL from each)

0.2475-0.00125=0.24625

Fourth cut (4 mL liquid removed, 2 mL from each)

0.24625-0.00125=.245

Fifth cut (5mL liquid removed, 2.5 mL from each)

.245-0.00125=.24375

So on and so forth...for a total of 10mL liquid removed out of 200mL p 30 days to equal total reduction of 0.0125 p month which is 5%.

Making 10 reductions total of 1/2mL p dose jar (1mL p cut) p 30 days to equal that 5%. This is the PLAN! I am ready to be flexible as I have a hypersensitive but ABLE cns

Are you looking for feedback on your plan, I’m not the one to provide it but hopefully someone titration smart will drop by.

Hello, Warrior0880.

Tip of the hat for recognizing the need for flexibility!  You are wise to plan you taper one reduction at a time.  We’ve seen far too many members crash and burn because they think they can plan their entire taper from start to finish without making adjustments along the way.  Taper planning is a process not a one-time event.

In case you are seeking feedback on the first cycle of your taper plan, your math is correct.

Fyi The liquid you are making is a suspension (and a temporary one at that given water’s low viscosity).  So please shake the liquid well before measuring reductions.

Thanks for the feedback. I am actually most concerned about that piece- that the water method is not best because when I draw up with the syringe it won't be the same/an accurate amount each time. Suggestions?

Hello, Warrior0880.

Tip of the hat for recognizing the need for flexibility!  You are wise to plan you taper one reduction at a time.  We’ve seen far too many members crash and burn because they think they can plan their entire taper from start to finish without making adjustments along the way.  Taper planning is a process not a one-time event.

In case you are seeking feedback on the first cycle of your taper plan, your math is correct.

Fyi The liquid you are making is a suspension (and a temporary one at that given water’s low viscosity).  So please shake the liquid well before measuring reductions.