How to Cut 10% of a .5mg Xanax Pill

[Mi...]

Hi Buddies,

My plan is below when I start cutting my dose down 10%. Let me know what you think. I believe in 2 weeks time I’ll be very stable the way things are feeling.

Currently: .5mg pill (Split in half, .25mgs at 1:45PM and .25mgs at 11:45PM).

Plan to cut: .5mg pill (Split in half. Then, crush the afternoon dose into a fine powder. Remove 10%. Put the rest in a capsule and take. Continue taking the .25mg pill at night as normal.) When it’s time to further reduce 10%, I would do the same with the nightly portion.

Thoughts my people? I have yet to look into empty capsules I could get. Update: Getting vegetable cellulose.

That’s a great question on how I should go about doing that. Is it even possible to weigh an amount that small? Otherwise I would just be eyeballing it.

Update: I believe I’m going to be working with a compound pharmacy. Reducing 10% of one of my daily doses over a three week period. So essentially, a 5% cut from the full dose every three weeks. This could be modified down the line, however, I believe that is a good starting point.

A compounded medication is a great tool, much easier than making your own.  Do you know how it will be made, this can affect your symptoms so its a good idea to not reduce as soon as you get it, you might want to see how or if you react to your normal dose. 

I like how you’re already including the possibility of adjusting your taper rate as you go, very smart.  :thumbsup:

Good point, these questions are always in the back of my mind. I’m not sure how it will be made other than it will be put into capsules I guess. Something I could definitely ask. Are there different specific types of ways it could be made that I could ask about?

Another note, this pharmacy is on the PCCA list, they are known to be a very reliable pharmacy in the neighborhood, but what really got me is how informed the pharmacist I was talking to was aware of this subject. They also have a coach/therapist that works specifically on people and benzo tapers.