Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Dystonia support group

[Ma...]

I wanted to make a page especially for those who suffer from severe muscle issues

I don’t Mean muscle pains but those who have

- muscles that are pulling

- that are twisting and turning

- are in chronic tight posture

- are overal tight so bad you cannot walk or anyhting

- gives you pressure throughout body.

- stiff person syndrome symptoms

All of us have some muscle issues to the point of being annoying.

I hope to share experiences here , I know I am rare in this.

Mine are tremoring, spasming, burning and have been very tight and from one second to the other very very weak and stayed that way for months already.

Do you also experience the feeling that your muscles turn into concrete?

For me it’s the same

Weakness and rigidity

Stiff muscles to the point of not being able to bend my body in any direction

Squeezed to death .

I also have all of the severe muscle symptoms. My muscles feel like they are in constant motion. I am always shaking inside. I have severe neck pain and shoulder pain. My neck is so tight it feels like it will just crack in half. My head feels so tight all the time and I have a strange weird tingling feeling in my forehead that is constant. At one point my arms were affect so badly I could not even lift them. That lasted about 5 months and then just disappeared one day. Still have pain but at least I can move my arms now.  I am having such a hard time reducing my dose. On the slightest decrease my withdrawals become extremely intense. Don't know how to get through this....
  • Love 1