RESOLVED: Password Reset Bug Fixed ×
BenzoBuddies Activity Level Report ×
Let Your Voice be Heard! Researchers at Trinity College Dublin... ×

Rather be addicted to Klonopin?????

[Go...]

[Go...]
While the Klonopin was addictive, at least I could function. Anyone else feel this way?

[Ha...]

I thought that way for 2/3 years, whilst tapering and recovery.

Don’t let that benzo lie get the better of you.

At 15 months off I’m beginning to feel reborn! I’ve found a new love of pop music (at age 68!) which is driving my husband nuts.

My main thoughts were about being more useful when on the pills, I could keep work and social commitments, I could sleep and if anything extra stressy came along well, just have a pill!

But that life was not my best life, not at all.

How I’m beginning to feel now is just great, live is exciting! I feel young!

Hang in there.

It really is worth the long months of suffering. No life will become best life.

Hardy x

[Pa...]

At 15 months off I’m beginning to feel reborn! I’ve found a new love of pop music (at age 68!) which is driving my husband nuts.

My main thoughts were about being more useful when on the pills, I could keep work and social commitments, I could sleep and if anything extra stressy came along well, just have a pill!

Hang in there.

Hardy x

I love reading this, I’m so happy for you!  :smitten:

[Ha...]

Thanks Pamster.

Not quite ready for a success story, I need to see if this window lasts but all looking good.

Please hang in there Gonzo, it was only a few weeks ago that I was pleading to go back on the pills.

Things can turn around quickly.

I didn’t believe that but it’s true.

Keep us posted.

Hardy x

[Re...]

Hang in there.

Hardy x

Thanks Pamster.

Not quite ready for a success story, I need to see if this window lasts but all looking good.

Please hang in there Gonzo, it was only a few weeks ago that I was pleading to go back on the pills.

Things can turn around quickly.

I didn’t believe that but it’s true.

Keep us posted.

Hardy x

WOW HARDY. This is so inspiring. What exactly happened? You just woke up better?

[c7...]
Well benzodiazepines are considered minor tranquilizers so if anything wouldn't they KEEP you from living to your full potential?  ;D

[Ha...]

Rebecca,

It wasn’t a case of going from dreadful to better overnight. I’ve always had windows, even if just for a couple of hours. Then I had a good day, then a couple of good days. Then a really good day!…….and so on.

I have to be realistic in that I have got older during all this so I’m not expecting to be running marathons!

This all coincided with starting eating the GABA rice everyday but I don’t know if that was just chance……..but I’ll keep eating it!

I’m still physically very unfit due to many months of lying around but I hope to improve gradually.

WantToSurf,

Yes, benzos DO keep you from living to your full potential!

Hardy x

[Be...]

This is no life.  While the Klonopin may have been addictive, at least I could function.  This is no life.  Anyone else feel this way?

Thats the trap. Eventually the drug stops working, or even starts causing the very peob it used to solved.

I have a friend who is an alchoholic.... its very similar. The alchoholic has the benefit of a much shorter withdrawl period.... but cravings that can last a lifetime.

Us benzo folks have the hell of a long drawn out torture withdrawl....but we get the benefit of no lifelong cravings. Once its behind us. Its done. Personally i cant wait to never talk to another pysch dr again.