Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

5 years plus on Klonopin

[Fr...]

Hello,

I have been on 1.5 mg of Klonopin for 5 years and recent had to increase to 2.mg. I want off these meds as I feel they are making other health conditions on mine worse and the Klonopin no longer works but I am mentally dependent on taking then regularly everyday.

Hello Frostedbenzo and welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us!  You'll find good information and support here to help you plan at implement a careful taper off Klonopin.  This information and support can make a world of difference in helping you navigate this path.

We encourage you to explore the site and start a thread with your questions about your taper on this board: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Below are other links you may find helpful. Please be sure to reach out for the support you need.

We're glad you're here-

Brighterday

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual

Add your history/signature

Hello,

I have been on 1.5 mg of Klonopin for 5 years and recent had to increase to 2.mg. I want off these meds as I feel they are making other health conditions on mine worse and the Klonopin no longer works but I am mentally dependent on taking then regularly everyday.

Hi and welcome, I believe you found the right place to come for support.  Same thing I was searching for because I was also developing new issues after many years of taking a prescription of Clonazepam.  True that some could have been caused from other things, but after reading many posts, personal stories, and general information about tapering methods, I was convinced to put my whole heart into getting off the drug, in as healthy a way as possible.  I believe in the slow micro tapers, but there are other methods you'll find here that work for others as well.

I think there is something for everyone here, so many different groups, personal success stories, and I like having a blog of my own to type out how I'm feeling as I go through my taper.  People contribute to our blogs so don't have to listen to my own junk all the time ;)  I come here every morning, learn something new every day.  There's no one that knows what I am going through better than someone who has dealt with it themselves ;)  Stick with us, Denise  :smitten::thumbsup: PS I'm early on in my tapers but if I can help with navigating the site, and finding helpful info, I'm pretty good at that ;)