Medicines to help quitting this?

[fu...]

I am almost giving up the tradicional route of slow tapering. Even doing that I am not living, and I still have to deal with adrenal exhaustion.

I am polydrugged with fluvoxamine, pregabalin and diazepam, with the last one at 10mg.

I still live with my parents and I am not only destroying myself but also their lives. I don't want this anymore.

Any med, even with a risky profile or experimental that I could try? I am considering updosing pregabalin and diazepam. Anything to live more at my 30s and also retribute the love my mom gives me and make her smile. Future me can then think about another solution.

I am almost giving up the tradicional route of slow tapering. Even doing that I am not living, and I still have to deal with adrenal exhaustion.

I am polydrugged with fluvoxamine, pregabalin and diazepam, with the last one at 10mg.

I still live with my parents and I am not only destroying myself but also their lives. I don't want this anymore.

Any med, even with a risky profile or experimental that I could try? I am considering updosing pregabalin and diazepam. Anything to live more at my 30s and also retribute the love my mom gives me and make her smile. Future me can then think about another solution.

The problem with tapering quicker is that it could make the situation worse. It could possibly make it better but success depends on so many factors and it is difficult to predict. I would not do a rapid taper if you can avoid it. Even four weeks is considered rapid. Again, it depends on so many factors.

Have you had a GeneSight test to look at your genetic relationship to medications? Maybe you can start there.

Phenobarbitol is used to taper benzos at hospitals and detox centers. I am not sure about the other meds that you are on but that is one option that you can do a risk/benefit analysis of. Barbituates were benzos before benzos were benzos. Anytime you add in another med you risk med-med interactions or side effects of a new med. Keep that in mind and just do your research for your own "informed consent."

Why are you thinking both the pregabalin and diazepam, why not just the diazepam?

Some psychiatrists and a reddit user made my mind that it would ease the proccess but now I am stuck with two and I am starting to suspect pregabalin tolerance wd.

The problem with tapering quicker is that it could make the situation worse. It could possibly make it better but success depends on so many factors and it is difficult to predict. I would not do a rapid taper if you can avoid it. Even four weeks is considered rapid. Again, it depends on so many factors.

Have you had a GeneSight test to look at your genetic relationship to medications? Maybe you can start there.

Phenobarbitol is used to taper benzos at hospitals and detox centers. I am not sure about the other meds that you are on but that is one option that you can do a risk/benefit analysis of. Barbituates were benzos before benzos were benzos. Anytime you add in another med you risk med-med interactions or side effects of a new med. Keep that in mind and just do your research for your own "informed consent."

Never did any genetic test because the majority of them show the propensity of having cancer or propensity of schizophrenia in the future and this could give me anxiety.

Are there genetic tests you recommend for methylation, histamine intolerance and stuff needed to know if I am a good candidate for NADH therapy?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry for your troubles. When I was tapering clonazepam (I have since failed), I had such extreme sleep deprivation that I was incapacitated. I was SURE, SO SURE that there  MUST be a medication that would attenuate this withdrawal in the way MAT is used in opioid withdrawal. I became obsessed about it. It just wasn't possible that in the 21st century there would be such a hideous endless withdrawal from a prescribed "medicine"!!! Well, I guess you know what I learned. With great trepidation I tried so many - mirtazapine, doxepin, sertraline, gabapentin, hydroxyzine, more I'm sure I'm forgetting. Every single one made me feel sick and not a single one helped with sleeplessness except gabapentin, but there is also a tolerance and withdrawal with that. Fortunately I took only a very low dose and only for 1-2 months. Still, I had to do a slow taper, as my benzo brain is SO sensitive to all drugs. It seems everything with the ability to sedate also has a tolerance and withdrawal. What are your symptoms?

Recently my prescriber has recommended N-acetylcysteine which supposedly has the potential to balance glutamate in the brain, and my understanding is that when benzo and thus gaba are reduced, glutamate (excitatory neurotransmitter) takes over and that's what creates withdrawal. I've asked about it here, nobody knows much about "NAC", which supposedly has the potential to address anxiety - a downstream fallout of chronic sleeplessness.

Best

Laura

My most debilitating symptoms are sensory overload and exacerbated OCD. I also was prescribed NAC, which helped with ZOCD in the past but I wonder if contributed with the gastritis I was diagnosed after. I am a social smoker too so I am a bit scared about the strong anti oxidant effect of NAC not recycling potentially harmful cells. I guess I will need to give up smoking even if it was like 5 cigarettes a month.