Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

16 months off Valium

[id...]

I left bb about 16 months ago when I stepped off Valium, I tapered for a little over two years where cautiously. I'm back because the insomnia has not corrected itself much and I still have horrible weeks at a time of zero perceived sleep every night, then I'll get a few weeks of broken 4-6 hours nights, and the cycle continues, just here for some comfort and to read posts of past members that maybe have dealt with similar effects.

Hi idunno :hug: Welcome back to Benzobuddies

I am sorry you are still dealing with symptoms, insomnia is dreadful, but I am sure it will get better with more time.  For some reason. some of us take longer than others to recover.  You probably know your way around the boards but I will post some links anyway.  I am glad you came back, you will be able to connect with buddies who understand what you're going through.  Hang in there, you will get better.

Here are a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Here is a link to the Insomnia board you might like to browse the board and post some questions.

Insomnia Board

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Glad you find the boards give some support and relief. Wishing you a better journey and the healing that's to come.