Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

almost 20 years of my life.....

[RC...]

Ive been on and off, (mostly on) one benzo or another for close to 20 years now.  for the last 2 ive been trying to come off Klonopin.  down from 4mg a day to 1.  i cant get much lower.  just tried to follow Dr. Ashton and did a week for each cross over dose.  not enough time b/c a few days into after i was done i stated getting sick, panicked, overly sensative to all stimuli, and worsrt off all uncontroled crying. 

i hope with y'all support we can beat this thing once and for all.

Hello RChaps, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You’ve done a great job of reducing your dose, are you now benzo free or did you reinstate?  When you say you followed the Ashton manual, did you cross over to Valium?  If this is so then I can understand why those reductions caught up to you, it takes so much longer for Valium to exit the body that sometimes we make cuts and they catch up to us a week or two later. 

If I’ve not understood your situation, please tell us how we can help.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Ashton Manual symptom list

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Pamster,

i did have to reinstate my dose of klonopin which in and off it self caused more problems.  i probably should of reverse engineered  the process, but just cut back to klonopin.  I've been in limbo not sure which med I'm feeling sick from, having w/draws none the less. 

i feel guilty for putting my body through this once again.  in last few weeks I'm missing work, not getting out of bed, hardly able to eat. 

i know we have all been here and i just have to keep pressing on. A bit of a setback. i just have to keep reminding myself

low and slow.

It’s a miserable process for sure but it sounds like you’re back at it, working your way off the drug.  Did you go back to the 1 mg? 

Are you on other medications?  I hope you’re only tapering one at a time.