Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I took zopiclone

[...]

Hi

I took zopiclone for one week. The dosage was first 5 mg and the last pill I took I increased to 7,5 mg. The following day this triggered anxiety for me. From there it all went downhill. Nausea, burning sensation in my stomach, the worst insomnia, anxiety, depression, intrusive thoughts, diarrhea, tingling in my body and especially in my legs.

As soon as I realized what had happened, I quit cold turkey. It’s been two months and am still struggling with anxiety, occasional diarrhea and insomnia. The insomnia is the worst. I’m seeking quidance and people who can relate to me… this has not been a fun journey and I need the support.

Hi Sm94 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad to welcome you to our community.  I am sorry you are suffering so bad after such a short use, we've had other members suffer after short use.  I know some are more sensitive to these drugs than others.  Although we are a benzo support group, we have members who are here for support regarding Z-drugs so you are not alone.  Feel free to post to any of the dedicated threads, you will get support from our caring community.

I will leave a link to the Ashton Manual, although it discusses benzo withdrawal, there is some information about z drugs as well:

Ashton Manual

I will leave you a link to this z drug support thread

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

If you would please be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you for welcoming me! I’m glad I found this group even though I wish it didn’t have to exist..

Welcome SM! I'm currently coming off a multi-year Lunesta/Ambien/Trazadone habit. I CT'd 10 weeks ago. I am well along with the healing process. This is very difficult, but with some restructuring of your life you can get through this. Perhaps we can resume this in the withdrawal board and I'll be happy to share some things that will give you success. You're going to be OK.

Best, Dave