Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Need support

[Th...]

My name is Anthony and I was on Klonopin for 3 years my daily dose was up to 2mg (.5-2mg) over them years I would go back & forth up & down with dose.. in December I decided to start tapering cause I was getting tolerance withdrawal symptoms .. Pvcs & Tachycardia, chest pain,hunger breathing.. I also quit years of alcohol abuse on the 9th of December.. Because I didn't really know my daily dose cause I was always switching it up I just jumped down to .25 and held on that dose all the way till March 16th when I jumped off .. During my taper hold I had severe symptoms from pvcs,pots,Tachycardia,hbp,severe anxiety,red face.  Now I'm off 48 days and it feels like nothing is getting better just worse .. I'm hoping to get some kind of support through benzo buddies 🙏

Hello Thomhead76 :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am glad you decided to join us today.  Sounds like you tapered quite fast, then jumping off. 25 mgs, most people don't jump from that high of a dose.  Sorry you’re struggling with symptoms, you are not long off at 48 days, I know it will feel like a lifetime when your suffering but It can take quite a long while for the nervous system to repair itself.  Withdrawal is at best unpleasant and it can be horrific,  but I know you’ll get better it just takes time.  Try distracting from symptoms best you can.  Take a look around and post to any of the dedicated threads. You’ll get plenty of support and encouragement here, hang in there, you will eventually recover from this ordeal. 

I will leave a few links for you to check out.

The Ashton Manual

Chapter III of the manual learning of the possible withdrawal symptoms and being reassured they’re temporary gave me the hope and strength I needed to push through it symptoms

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Members can respond with the best information if they know your medication history.  If you could do a signature for us by going to the top of the page and selecting PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• Like 1