Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Jumping out of my skin

[Pi...]

Klonopin for 27 years…. 2mg for the last 10 Benzo free 2 months.

Now insomnia- feel like jumping out of my skin… feel like bugs are crawling all over from inside my chest to all over my scalp and arms.

Brain fog, can’t concentrate

Hello Pickleball58,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  Congratulations on being benzo free after such long usage.

At 2 months off you are still very early in the recovery process.  What you are feeling is really common for withdrawal.  At 2 months off I was still extremely symptomatic, symptoms eased up slowly.  Recovery from benzo withdrawal isn't linear.  There can be ups and downs.  With time, the system begins to regulate and find balance once again.

I'll give you a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can receive feedback from others. It's very helpful to know that you are not alone in this process. Withdrawal can be challenging for some of us. 

Try to find ways to distract from the symptoms. This was key for me during my withdrawal and recovery. 

Do some reading and ask questions, we're here to help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

pianogirl  :)

Hi and welcome, I'm so glad you are here.  I've learned a great deal in the month or so I've been on BB.  I am 70 now, am just starting a slow-taper off my Clonazepam, 1 mg, I've been on 35 years.  I am sorry for all you are going through but so very glad you managed to get here.  I feel learning about my C, from other peers, videos they've shared, and articles has saved my life,

Denise  :smitten::thumbsup:

I am 64…

Started when my son had a stroke at .25 as time went on other factors control my increase in dosage. Last year I know I was having difficulty remembering things and felt the alternative was either to increase my dosage from 2mg to 2.5 - with the help of a new therapist and psychiatrist I chose to taper. The taper was easier than this part.

Thank you for your support  :smitten:

Hi pickleball, I just want you to know you are not alone.  I'm struggling myself this a.m. trying to figure out things.  Have you checked out either of the following places here on BB?

Klonopin Club

Planning your Withdrawal (Taper)

Both those boards have helped me tremendously in finding answers how to get started. I'll give you both links below and when you get there, post a question and I'll be there to help you get started.  You can also just read through other's questions to see what answers they got.  The Klonopin Club you don't really "join" they just named the thread that, and it's got a ton of Support groups in the second link below.  I'll be around both today to help you get started, Denise  :smitten::thumbsup:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=56.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=163449.0