Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

My name is Harrison Lebenzo I'm currently tapering off Klonopin

[Ha...]

I joined bezo buddies because I wanted to hear what others have had to go through during their taper experiences.

I'm currently taking Klonopin, but, I am tapering. I am on 0.5 twice a day.

I have been on the medication for almost a year. The highest does I ever took was 2mg a day, but I mostly took 1.5 a day.

I'm still in the middle of my taper. Next week I taper down to 0.5 once a day and then 0.25 once a day

I just really want to feel okay, and I feel this site will be very beneficial for me. I have heard so many good things about it.

I have health anxiety and I am terrified of the withdrawal. I have 4 more weeks of tapering. My tapering timeline is over 2 months. I just want to feel okay.

I am so grateful to this page. I am so nervous about the withdrawal from Klonopin. I do hope this page can help me navigate this treacherous waters.

It is so nice to meet you all

Hello Harrison Lebenzo - welcome to BenzoBuddies!!

Congratulations on starting your taper off Klonopin.  You'll find good information here as well as support from others who understand what this experience and process are like. 

As you explore the site you'll see that we typically suggest tapering more slowly than tapers often recommended by medical professionals.  We've found that the best way to keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum is to taper with cuts of no more than 5-10% of the most recent dose every 10-14 days or longer.  This helps keep you as functional as possible during your taper.  We find that remaining flexible and letting your taper be guided by symptoms is the most beneficial approach. 

Please explore the site and feel free to ask questions about your situation.  Please be sure to reach out for support.  I'll give you a few links to help you get started.

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature

We're glad you're here!

Brighterday

I joined bezo buddies because I wanted to hear what others have had to go through during their taper experiences.

I have been on the medication for almost a year. The highest does I ever took was 2mg a day, but I mostly took 1.5 a day.

I'm still in the middle of my taper. Next week I taper down to 0.5 once a day and then 0.25 once a day

I just really want to feel okay, and I feel this site will be very beneficial for me. I have heard so many good things about it.

I have health anxiety and I am terrified of the withdrawal. I have 4 more weeks of tapering. My tapering timeline is over 2 months. I just want to feel okay.

Did your doctor suggest this? What did the doctor base it on? How do you feel going this quickly? Are you on other medications or did you stop other medications in the last year?

I understand you have health anxiety. I have it too. Not saying this to scare you but sometimes withdrawal symptoms show up weeks after a cut. And by weeks it could be 12 weeks...there is no rhyme or reason to tapering and withdrawal symptoms. You will be OK. You just want to taper judiciously. Some people do well with a quick taper; it does not work for others.

Did your doctor suggest this? What did the doctor base it on? How do you feel going this quickly? Are you on other medications or did you stop other medications in the last year?

I understand you have health anxiety. I have it too. Not saying this to scare you but sometimes withdrawal symptoms show up weeks after a cut. And by weeks it could be 12 weeks...there is no rhyme or reason to tapering and withdrawal symptoms. You will be OK. You just want to taper judiciously. Some people do well with a quick taper; it does not work for others.

My doctor suggested a 2 month taper. I'm much happier with my current doctor. She has me coming in twice a month to monitor how I'm feeling. My last Doctor just kept giving me Klonopin refills without question. My new doctor wanted to me help me come off of them.

I feel a little anxious coming off of the Klonopin. Right now, I just feel a little anxious and am having a pins and needles feeling randomly throughout my body.

I stopped taking celexa in November 22. After being on it for almost 10 years. I should have never been on it. If anything, I think it made my anxiety worse.

I'm not sure what my doctor based this on. But she seems to be compassionate and understand my health anxiety and is letting me taper slower than she originally had in mind.

I also have never had COVID.

How slow was your taper from Celexa? Sometimes people experience withdrawal from antidepressants. And when they are taken with benzos, the benzo masks those withdrawal symptoms. Six months of being off an antidepressant isn't a long time at all -- especially after ten years.

Just know that you can change your taper schedule at any time should the symptoms get too uncomfortable for you.

Also, please be aware that most doctors do not know how to deprescribe benzos. So researching on this site, reading Ashton Manual, as well as looking at Dr. Mark Horowitz's suggestions are beneficial. You will know more than your doctor, I promise you this.

My taper from celexa was okay, it definitely helped I had the Klonopin. I was actually taking less Klonopin in December, but I had a bad cold and it made me panic, so I jumped back into bed with Klonopin. My doctor has been working with me, and she seems understanding, she always replies to my messages and doesn't mind seeing me if I need to see her. I'm just glad she is involved. I'm also see a psychiatrist, but they just wanted to put me on mood stabilizers or another SSRI