Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Been off for about 7-8 months now

[Sc...]

I need the help of writing too and reading other peoples posts having similar experiences. Noone else seems to understand and the struggles are tough some days but the the worst seem to have subsided.

I used Klonopin (clonazepam) 2mg (last year higher doses to coup with life stressors caused by benzo) for 17 years.

(Then I quit some other psychotropic medications when realised Klonopin started this polypharmacology hell of a journey)

Finished with my taper. Have been benzofree for about 7-8 months now.

I live in continental north of Europe so my English is not the best. 

Hi Schmahmann :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies

We are happy to have you here. You are right, its a hell of a journey... but it gets better.  Your English is fine!  Benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms, can take a long time to settle down, I am sure any symptoms will slowly abate.  It’s not unusual to still be struggling at 8 months off.  As bad as these symptoms are they will eventually go so try to distract, and remind yourself they are temporary. Please post questions for members to respond.

We have a great community here, our members are a caring friendly bunch and will help you all they can. You will receive a lot of support here coming from people who know exactly what you are going through.

I am leaving a link to the Ashton Manual there is a wealth of information there about benzo withdrawal:

Ashtons Manual 

Here are links to a couple of other resources

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

To allow others to see where you are in the process and can better support you, we ask that you create a signature.    To do this, go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita