Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Valuim taper

[bi...]

Hi buddies , needing advice and support !im still tapering originally on clonazapam 6 mg and forced to taper june2022.I’ did a cross taper in nov 2022 .currently on 3 mg of valuim and struggling ! I have a question does anyone have any experience with taking hydroxyzine why tapering and if it makes the benzo brain healing process worse ? Thanks for any knowledge on this topic

Hello bigheart100 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you joined our community.  You've done a great job coming off 6mg clonazepam, now at 3 mgs diazepam. It does get tougher when we get down to the lower doses. You can slow things down using the titration method, if your very symptomatic.  You will get support and encouragement here to help you as you go.  It’s generally suggested reducing between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days, but often members find that too fast. Listen to your body, and adjust depending how you feel.  Please post your questions to any of the dedicated boards.   

If you search the forum we do have threads discussing hydroxyzine, here's one.

does hydroxyzine help anyone?

The Ashton Manual, is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

You might also like to post here

Valium Support Group

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Please go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

I asked my pdoc yesterday if I could use Hydroxyzine for sleep but she said it was anticholinergic and she didn't want. me to take it.  I said I could always take a Benadryl and she said that was AC too.  She wanted me to take Gabapentin which I have but to take 200 mgs at bedtime.  I don't know much about anticholinergics but she said "side effect" such as dry mouth etc.  Im sure others have more experience than I do, just pitching in here.  Good luck with your taper.

Alycat