Inability to Handle Excitement - "Good" or "Bad"

[Fa...]

Hi All and Faith,

I echo all the sentiments here. And, I also want to say that I appreciate your way with words Faith bc even with all this awfulness you can still express yourself. When I used the word "wonder" I meant it as admiration. I am about your age (57) and think our symptoms are so similar. I often look for your posts because they validate me. Thank you. I too have incredible agoraphobia. Afraid of my own shadow. I struggle to stay in the world without it tearing my mind apart, and it is reassuring that so many of my symptoms are almost exactly yours. I've never heard of anyone speaking aloud to themselves, until my detox and thank God, until I came here. I would think I was going crazy but know it is the klonopin talking, after sifting through the many experiences here. Not to dismiss any other medication, but is there something especially evil about Klonopin?  Much admiration and love to you all :).

Hi WPF,

Thank you for your kind words... really means so much to me today.

I have heard Jennifer Leigh say that Klonopin/Clonazepam is the beast of all of the benzos from her experience across the board...speaking of all she has worked with.  So, I would say yes...there seems to be something 'evil' about it.  Clearly, I am incredibly biased here.  And, I continue to say that no pain is greater than your own pain, so many may read and think that the med they are on is the most 'evil'.  But, only because I have heard it said somewhere else that I believe to be reputable, I am going to concur.  However, they are truly ALL evil.  That, I believe, we will all agree upon.

I really appreciate hearing from you.  It brings some comfort to me, also.

Much Love,

F

Hi Faith, here in the UK, pregabalin is used for anxiety as well as for other reasons.

I am one year off Lorazepam but still get dreadful meltdowns of pure terror that last for days. These are what my Psych is hoping will be reduced by the drug. At this point I’m willing to try anything. I’ll start at a very low dose of 25mg and hope for the best!

I have found other info about it. Seems it can work well post benzos but it’s difficult to get off. If it works for me I’m happy to stay on it for life……..if it gives me some life?!

Thanks for your interest.

Hardy x