If you recovered from Akathesia, how did you know it was ending?

[Me...]

My akathisia just stopped one day. I had it bad for about 8 months. I couldnt sit still. I had to always be moving. Then one day I noticed that I didnt have it anymore. Now if this insomnia would just go away as well I would be perfect. I am about 13 months out from a ct. I hope your akathisia goes away soon. It is the worst symptom of them all followed closely by insomnia and I had them both.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In a word, yes. To answer your question. At least that’s been the case for me.

Once my symptoms started to truly come and go (meaning my windows would make me feel a good 80%) that’s when my akathisia started to go away organically. I’m 5 months out from my taper and I can say that my waves no longer involve akathisa, or only very mild akathisia like swinging my legs when I’m sitting down, but I’ve done that my whole life so. I also tend to naturally pace when I’m standing, but it’s no longer hitting 20,000 steps in my living room at 2am.

My pattern looks like this: I get like 2 day windows and then a 1 day wave, basically. But the closest symptom to akathisia I get these days is a racing mind (if that counts?) and a weird achey feeling in my left leg, but moving doesn’t rly help it, so idk.

Hope this helps :)

In a word, yes. To answer your question. At least that’s been the case for me.

Once my symptoms started to truly come and go (meaning my windows would make me feel a good 80%) that’s when my akathisia started to go away organically. I’m 5 months out from my taper and I can say that my waves no longer involve akathisa, or only very mild akathisia like swinging my legs when I’m sitting down, but I’ve done that my whole life so. I also tend to naturally pace when I’m standing, but it’s no longer hitting 20,000 steps in my living room at 2am.

My pattern looks like this: I get like 2 day windows and then a 1 day wave, basically. But the closest symptom to akathisia I get these days is a racing mind (if that counts?) and a weird achey feeling in my left leg, but moving doesn’t rly help it, so idk.

Hope this helps :)

Hello phenibut friend  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

It’s good to have you here with us, thank you for supporting members. Congratulations at 5 months off!.  I hope to see you posting around the forum, you'll find plenty of information and support here. It sounds like you are coping well with symptoms, they will all eventually go away with more time. I had akathisia, the pacing and inner restlessness can be unbearable, i am glad your symptoms have eased off.  I look forward to reading more of your story.  If you want to add a signature  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita :thumbsup:

It stopped right before my period. The whole ordeal was 12 days. It revved up again after a stressful argument. Then it went away after 3 days.

It has been a month.

I am scared that it will come back. I am going to get dental work done and deathly afraid how the medications are gonna affect me. I hope it never comes back.