My road on benzos

[ti...]

Well, coming to the end of a bad day.My whole body seems so tensed, I hope I can relax and sleep tonight.

Hope tomorrow is a good day ???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ti...]

• [Th...]

• [pa...]

• [tr...]

Today's pretty much the same as yesterday,except I feel agoraphobic again,which I hadn't in the passed 1-2 weeks much.

I think I have finally decided to go back to k.Sitting here doing nothing is getting me nowhere.It's been several days and I need to make up my mind.

I will begin tomorrow,hopefully with Colins help, and hope it goes smoothly.I guess if I go back and don't feel the emotional blunting has lifted I will know it's the withdrawal and not the valium

Hi and thanks for using this forum. I have worked in mental health in the states for about 35 years and have seen the progression from psychotherapy to almost exclusively chemotherapy with pretty strong useage of the benzos. In my thought, clonazepam is quite difficult to withdraw from. I took it for several years for my own ptsd symptoms and was able to stop useing a gradual taper so if that is your path, this site can help. And, as earlier posted, there are NO lasting cognitive or affective effects after d/c of benzos. Perhaps the cognitive/behavioral therapies will be of interest/benefit to you in your achievement of wellness. In my thought, meds are easier for the clinician to prescribe than other therapies for the whole spectrum of anxiety disorders.

Just wabt some words of encouragement.I am so anxious,irritable,agitated,flat,my hearts racing,pain..............on n on.Just need to talk with someone.I keep reading blogs and they just keep scaring me.Seems valium has a tendancy to make people flat and angry.I don't like it.I'm going back to k

tiffj, you can do this, it's not comfortable or easy but you can do it.  Getting off the drugs will be the best thing you could ever do for yourself.

What you are experiencing is normal wd, you would be having these feeling on either valium or K, it's just the process of what we go through.  Once you accept that is normal wd your anxiety will lessen.  You kinda have to go with the flow of things, we have all found out that you can't control them and there is nothing you can take for them.

No one likes the way this makes you feel, it's just the way it is.  You can jump from k to v, or v to k but it's best to make a decision and stick to it.  You can taper from either one, most people find that v is easier but again, that is up to you.  When I say "easier" I don't mean symptom free, it just has a long half life than k and is easier to taper from.

Some blog are frightening, especially when we are feeling low and unsure ourselves, I would suggest not reading them.  Most were written when people were very down and scared themselves.  There are also post that are very positive and up lifting, people who have successfully gotten off the drugs and are feeling very well.

I, myself, ct 6mg k Oct. '07 and I'm doing quite well today.  Not to say I always feel this way but it is a HUGE improvement from where I was, even before I stopped taking the drugs.

There is hope and healing will take place.  You have to take it one day at a time. 

Hang in there, you can do this! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much.I just went for a drive,find I think clearer that way, and just about everything you said came to mind.I know I will experience these feelings and have to accept it is withdrawal.I just need to make up my mind and stop drawing things out.

I do know that k never had the huge emotional blunting on me, so that's what makes me want to go back and I think that is my decision.I just need to figure out the best way of doing so.Then,once again,indecision sets in and I think how I have had good days on the v too.I think I just need to go back and titrate or I will spend the whole time on valium blaming it instead of withdrawal.

I am so glad to hear that you are having a good day.I had quite a few and they do make you realize you can get through this, but then the cloud comes back over and you lose sight of that.I hope you have many more and soon this hell is over for you.

I still can't make up my mind.I'm driving myself insane again.This is what I did before I stabilized, going back and forth not knowing what to do.

I do know that yesterday and today were very bad.I'm so tense and agitated.Just want to cry, but can't. I just wish I knew the answer.I will start readding klonopin tomorrow and see what happens/ :wacko:

Two awful days, and today is proving the same.Didn't sleep well and now I am in terrible pain everywhere.My chest is very heavy.Even my teeth hurt.Feeling agoraphobic and hating it

Hi tiffj,

I"m really sorry to hear about your bad symptoms.

are you continuing your crossover? Or going back to klon?

I know its so hard to decide, but I think the indecision is part of what is causing a lot of anxiety and maybe even physical sx.

You know that whatever method you decide on, you'll get off, and you will heal. ONce you settle on one, I think you will feel much better.

I don't think it would be too late to cross back over. I think you need to make your decision once and for all though. You may find you don't feel any better on the K and then what would you want to do?  As we have said before you can taper off either one but you need to chose and stick to it, it will ease the anxiety once you have a plan in place.

You've been unsure of the cross to v so it may give you some relief to go ahead and do it.

Let us know what you decide. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the encourgement tropical.I am not comfortable with the fx of valium, but I did not finally stabilize until taking it.It was only a couple days of v though.I think maybe just the added levels of benzos period helped.I was taking 2.5k x2 daily and I started adding 2.5 v at night (bout 4 days) before I stabilized.

So, going back on my k, I would need to take .25, .25, and .125 I believe to even things out

Thank you for the encourgement tropical.I am not comfortable with the fx of valium, but I did not finally stabilize until taking it.It was only a couple days of v though.I think maybe just the added levels of benzos period helped.I was taking 2.5k x2 daily and I started adding 2.5 v at night (bout 4 days) before I stabilized.

So, going back on my k, I would need to take .25, .25, and .125 I believe to even things out

Are you saying you did stabilize on the v?  I was under the impression you didn't.  If you were not stable on the K before why go back to it?

I have read your post but now I am unsure of what is going on.  Please add a signature line so all of us can be up to speed on what you are doing, we can help you better that way.

tiffj, please put all questions regarding tapering on your taper thread. Posting on both threads gets confusing and we can lose track of what is going on. :thumbsup:

I just can't do this.I'm losing everything.I had a good week, I should have let my body adjust before making any changes.My love comes back in 2 days and I'm a fn wreck again and don't know what to do to make it any better.I just want to give up.

I'm losing everything I was so happy with and worked so hard for.I hate these drugs and every doctor who allows people to stay on them.This is so unfair that we are all in this place and there is absolutely nothing we can do to fix it but wait and suffer.Who knows, I could still be this way a year from now and I will have lost everything important to me.I can't take it.I don't want to be confined to my house,I don't want to be angry, I don't want to be unable to express emotion.I was doing so well.I fd it all up already

tiff,

You are not losing everything. The miracle of getting off benzos, is that you get your life back. It may or may not be the exact life you had, but you know what? It might just be even better. The old adage of "Everything happens for a reason" may sound pat, but it is so true and a really a beautiful way to look at life and deal with hardships.

One way or another, you will be ok.

Never give up on yourself, ok?

Linda   

I just can't do this.I'm losing everything.I had a good week, I should have let my body adjust before making any changes.My love comes back in 2 days and I'm a fn wreck again and don't know what to do to make it any better.I just want to give up.

I'm losing everything I was so happy with and worked so hard for.I hate these drugs and every doctor who allows people to stay on them.This is so unfair that we are all in this place and there is absolutely nothing we can do to fix it but wait and suffer.Who knows, I could still be this way a year from now and I will have lost everything important to me.I can't take it.I don't want to be confined to my house,I don't want to be angry, I don't want to be unable to express emotion.I was doing so well.I fd it all up already

We've all been there sis. If you need to resinate a little bit to stabilize no one will hold that against you. We all know what it feels like, but we also know it can and will get better. I know you don't believe me. I didn't either. But it is true.

http://www.freedominmessiah.com/hugs.gif

Tony

Okay everyone.I need advice in a bad way.The k I am on is doing absolutely nothing.I am in a constant state of panic and I used to be okay at night, even in the worst times.Now I am this way all day and night, I feel like I'm going crazy.I get scared of everything, even normal thoughts.What do I do?The k makes me sick, all benzos do.If I go up I don't think it will help and I will have more to get off of.

Would you recommend the k titration and going off and just dealing with it, or doing the valium sub and tapering?I am either in tolerance or it's just paradoxal.I did take 2.5 v at nite and it doesn't calm anything either

Hi Tiffj,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I do not have the experience of tolerance or paradoxal s/x to counsel you as to what to do. Hopefully, someone that is familar with this will be by. Hang in there!

Take care

T2  :smitten:

Sorry about the panic Tiff, :( that is the worst symptom for me.  Write me all that you want to, I'm in member blogs or Ill just check in on you here.

I'm with you,

E. :)

Tiff try the titration. Occasionally people feel better after they cut, we'll sometimes I do anyway. This will end, you just have to hold on and be strong and it will stop and life will be good again.

J?ust hang in there. We;re always here if you need us.

Amanda