Not Knowing I was in withdrawal

[He...]

I was going through ZANAX withdrawal (using prescribed 1mg for 2 years) I was going through tolerance withdrawal and didn’t know it. I was taking my prescribed dose and didn’t know anything about tolerance withdrawal. I was in the hospital for 6 days with extreme pain with weird things happening, my liver enzymes kept going increasingly high, etc.

Hello Helen of Troy, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You're not alone in not knowing what was happening to you, so many of our members had to discover what was going on by chance, or finally connecting the dots, I'm sorry to hear you weren't given enough information by those who were supposed to know and communicate it to you.

Are you still taking the 1 mg of Xanax and if you are, are you interested in tapering from it?  We suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms will allow, this will hopefully keep you functional. 

Please let us know how we can help you, we know this is a painful process but it helps to be able to talk to people who understand and we do.  I'll leave you some links to the forum and some resources for you to take a look at but please ask questions, we want to help.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms