Just joining

[Se...]

I am a brand new member to this site. I ran into a member 2 days ago. She introduced me to benzobuddies site.

OMG.....FINALLY someone hears me! Believes me!

Been on clonazepam for 9yrs 5mos. I have been a freq flyer to mx drs, hospitals, ERs.....it's ALWAYS something with my health. I get over one illness and another one pops up. I'm tired of this road of suffering deeply.

I want to start tapering off my clonazepam 1mg every noc and prn panic attacks. Not sure how.

Feeling hopeful after reading some of your stories

.please help

Hi Sendtheangels!

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us, but I'm sorry to hear about all the suffering you endured as a result of benzo's. I'm sure sharing this journey with others who understand what you're going through will make it easier. We will gladly help you in tapering your Clonazepam. Generally we recommend a cut of 5-10% of each new dose over two weeks or so, but it's best to let your symptoms guide your taper rate. This should allow you to remain functional while tapering.

For help on tapering you can ask here: Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

For support on withdrawal symptoms you can post here: Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

You can also look at: The Ashton Manual

Please look around and start posting when you're ready!

Welcome SendtheAngels:

I love the name.  I am so glad you joined this forum.  It's been a God send for me, truly.  I've met and communicated with so many amazing people and have met one truly wonderful person that I communicate with on a daily basis.  I truly don't know if I would be here without her support and friendship. 

Your experience and history will be invaluable to others on this forum, especially with your work history. If you ever need to talk or ask a personal question, I'm here for you. Dm me anytime!!

Klonkar ( I told you I sound like a wrecked car) :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have been in a fearful state of denial since realizing my body has been  in a state of addiction to Clonazepam :'(

Tomorrow I see my Psychiatrist for the 1st time since my new discovery of benzos. I'm anxious and tearful. Probably because I have to open another painful "can of worms" that I have to, no, CHOOSE TO take on. A taper schedule. Also, addressing the long list of symptoms that I have had for years.

I understand that my Dr has always had my best interest at heart. I have downloaded MANY pages to give her tomorrow.

I just don't know if I can get thru ANOTHER HUGE stressor in my life. It has been a year from hell for me.

Please send prayers, good thoughts my way......

Thank you

What you're feeling is completely normal. It is great that you have educated yourself with knowledge about this process and have resources available for your psychiatrist.

As long as you emphasize that your taper should be patient-led and managed, it should be all fine. The beginning of this journey can be very overwhelming and stressful. Try not to over-analyze it and think about it too much. If you can distract it will take away a lot of the anxiety.

I'm sure you'll be fine.  :smitten: Let us know how it went.

Hi, I will pray for you. Please know in your heart that this is normal. This/these meds have an insidious nature to them. I am going through the same thing in my life too.