Help with withdrawal (starting soon)

[Up...]

I would love that. I bought a thinkscale model already. I would love to hear about other models.

P. S. I just did my first taper. A little hesitant but I'll make it through and it's only the first night. The first step. I took 1 3/4 pills which works out to a 12.5% reduction. Quarters seem to be the easiest way to go for now. I may have to grind and pulverize if 12% reductions become too much.

Before I do, could you add your medication history to your signature so other members can see at a glance where you're at?  Here are the instructions, if you can't figure how to do it, you can put the information here and I can add it for you.  Add your history/signature

I'm glad you're going to pay attention to your symptoms, its a good idea to keep a record of your reductions and symptom severity ratings, this will help you make educated decisions about when and how much to reduce.

Signature added. Easy peasy. :) I'm not sure of the actual mgs so I weighed the pill in full. It would give different readings but it wasn't varying too much on the scale.

Hi UpwardLeo82.

Pam asked me to stop by.

I read you prior posts and I recall one question you had was about what scales people use.

All of them fluctuate at low weights but benzos stay in the blood a long time so if you have a little more one day and a little less the next day, it averages out well.  Some people get so worried about the scales, they create anxiety and the anxiety gives withdrawal issues as much as the drug tapering.

Here is a link to a scale many people use:

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g

I will help you if you need it concerning the scale. 

I also always like people to know about micro tapering so here is a video to watch.

(I would first breakdown the benzo in a few drops of vodka but that is up to you).

Hey Bob7, I appreciate you stopping by. I might actually buy that scale. Right now I'm tapering by 1/4 a pill per night.

You said all scales fluctuate at low weights. What does that mean? So I first used my scale yesterday. When I calibrated it and put a pill on there it read .172 or 172 mgs. Then I picked it up again and it would weigh .166 or if I moved it around it would come up a different but not too far off, weight. Is this normal scale behavior you're talking about?

Yes, that is exactly what everyone sees.  They fluctuate on the 3rd digit after the decimal point.  It is common and really insignificant.  I mean, 0.001 grams is like a puff of air.  Indeed, if you breath on the scale, it will change that much.