Does cognition come back?

[So...]

I used to be smart and clever and quick witted. Now I am slow, stupid and struggle to understand simple things and concepts. I struggle to write, I struggle to read, I struggle with directions, I struggle to speak and have conversations. I used to be good at writing and speaking, but its like I dont understand language anymore. I cant "feel" or "see" what is right. That ability is gone. If I write a word I have no idea if it fits or if it is written right. I also used to understand concepts and things easily, but no I dont have a chance. My brain just shuts down it seems. My memory is also awful. And so is my concentration.

I generally have a confused feeling in my brain all the time. When I try to think there is like a strange resistance feeling in my brain. I try to access my knowledge, think or speak, but I just feel resistance and the whole process shuts down. My brain cant associate things with each other either and it works really slow when it first works.

I feel like I have lost the abilities that made me smart and made me function the way I do. Scared it wont come back. I just wake up and it is gone it seems. The progression goes in blink shots.

Can my cognition come back? Has anyone else gotten back to how they where before?

It is only getting worse, and I am afraid of getting permanent cognitive damage. The way it is now I dont function in my university.

Yes it will all come back Sofa. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you won't always feel like this. Slowly but surely things will improve, and click back into place. 1 day this will all be just a bit of a blur, and you will be living your life again.

I know full well how difficult it is to believe it right now, but it's true. You will be you again xx

Yes and better than before! Never believed it til it happened! Literally couldnt piece two things together in the beginning and now i multitask 4-5 things at once i was never like this before tbh!

I know how you feel and it flat put sucks.  I couldn't remember how to spell simple words and it frightened me. That part is slowly improving.  I'm just shy of 5 months from my ct.  Give ot a little t8me. Things will start to click again.

Yes it will come back, Sofa. I couldn't read or even carry on a phone conversation on my taper or immediately afterward. Gradually things improved. I'm now back at my old profession of writing and have written and published 3 novels.

Hang in there . .  your cognition will come back.

I helped my brain dead-state by playing Scrabble with bots. That was good to help me remember language.

Best,

Katz

Yes and better than before! Never believed it til it happened! Literally couldnt piece two things together in the beginning and now i multitask 4-5 things at once i was never like this before tbh!

Sadly I just keep getting worse for whatever reason.

I also am really restless. It is not just my body, but my mind is also restless.

I have to constantly get up and walk to relieve some of the restlessness, but it does not go away. I also feel restless in my head, and I cant focus or concentrate on anything. I can just forget reading or watching TV. This makes me really sad and frustrated because I have never had this issue before with being so restless and unfocused.

This just came on a few days ago.

Can it improve? I need to be able to focus for university.

Is it normal for such symptoms to just suddenly show up?

Sadly I just keep getting worse for whatever reason.

I also am really restless. It is not just my body, but my mind is also restless.

I have to constantly get up and walk to relieve some of the restlessness, but it does not go away. I also feel restless in my head, and I cant focus or concentrate on anything. I can just forget reading or watching TV. This makes me really sad and frustrated because I have never had this issue before with being so restless and unfocused.

This just came on a few days ago.

Can it improve? I need to be able to focus for university.

Is it normal for such symptoms to just suddenly show up?

Hi Sofa!

Omg I am sorry about this - I experienced this as well - loss of focus and anytime I watched a movie I either cried or experienced a panic attack! It gets better!! I started getting better with this around Aug of 2021 I believe of I remember correctly 😊 so approx 5-6 months after my last dose!

It comes back..I was so scared it wouldn't. I'm like super sharp again...quick processing and great short term memory is back. Sometimes I joke by myself and say "good job brain!".